Thread: disc pvp spec

  1. #1

    disc pvp spec

    So after playing around a bit in arena/bgs and a few respec's I came up with this, http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...5&version=9901 what do you guys think?

  2. #2

    Re: disc pvp spec

    why is it i can never see the the MMo talent builds... they are always blank WTF?

  3. #3

    Re: disc pvp spec

    oh really tell em another site I can make it for you

  4. #4

    Re: disc pvp spec

    But I am on the edge for changing divne aegis to improved flash heals.

  5. #5

    Re: disc pvp spec

    Works fine for me...

    You can also use Wowhead's talent calculator, but I prefer these :P

    Anyways, it's a pretty standard cookie cutter spec.

    PERSONALLY, I'd drop Blessed Recovery and grab Silent Resolve... I find 30% chance for shield/renew/etc to not be dispelled more useful than recovering 15% of the damage a crit does over time, especially since you'll absorb most of the original crit most the time anyways.

    And I wouldnt suggest dropping aegis... if all 3 penance hits proc, you have a 3-5k shield on you :P

    EDIT: And something I KNOW will get me slapped on here... I'd drop Rapture for Enlightenment... I find 6% spell haste more important in arena matches, which are typically too short for rapture too make a big impact in. It also gives 6% spirit, so you wouldn't lose TOO much over a long period.

  6. #6

    Re: disc pvp spec

    wowhead works..

    it looked a lot like the one i use but whit some changes..

  7. #7

    Re: disc pvp spec

    Heres a wow head one with a few changes, I'm keeping blessed recovery because I'm still low on resilience and it helps with melee :P But eventually I would change it to enlightment or imp flash heal.

  8. #8

    Re: disc pvp spec

    Enlightenment or Silent Resolve would be a much better investment of points than Divine Aegis. You won't have much crit in PVP gear, especially since it's not worthwhile to pick up Holy Specialization (glad to see you didn't).
    Bigslick (6/14H)
    "Those who deny respect for others deserve it not for themselves."

  9. #9

    Re: disc pvp spec

    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    Works fine for me...

    You can also use Wowhead's talent calculator, but I prefer these :P

    Anyways, it's a pretty standard cookie cutter spec.

    PERSONALLY, I'd drop Blessed Recovery and grab Silent Resolve... I find 30% chance for shield/renew/etc to not be dispelled more useful than recovering 15% of the damage a crit does over time, especially since you'll absorb most of the original crit most the time anyways.

    And I wouldnt suggest dropping aegis... if all 3 penance hits proc, you have a 3-5k shield on you :P

    EDIT: And something I KNOW will get me slapped on here... I'd drop Rapture for Enlightenment... I find 6% spell haste more important in arena matches, which are typically too short for rapture too make a big impact in. It also gives 6% spirit, so you wouldn't lose TOO much over a long period.
    you do realize rapture makes your shields stronger rite?

    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...5&version=9901
    is my spec, i take renew glyphed cause those ticks are what save people when you are stunned silenced or cc'd so stronger the better.

    martyrdom is bad now, and i find myself using dispel more then any other spell so getting them cheap is a plus

    an offensive priest is a good priest, get shorter smites and holy fires.

  10. #10

    Re: disc pvp spec

    Quote Originally Posted by phussbus
    you do realize rapture makes your shields stronger rite?
    How? Are you confusing it with Borrowed Time?...or am I completely crazy and missing something lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by phussbus
    martyrdom is bad now, and i find myself using dispel more then any other spell so getting them cheap is a plus
    Also, I tend to drop mana regen abilities for straight up survivability unless I find myself consistently having mana problems. I don't see how Martyrdom is bad really, I know the push back changes have made that kind of mechanic slightly less appealing but 20% interrupt duration reduction is pretty nice I think.

    I guess you could argue that it's effectiveness lowers as you gather more resilience since you will be getting crit on less and less. I think it's a good choice talent for full PVE geared people that have decent mana pools, so they can drop some Absolution for it and will be getting crit on often since they have no resilience. After that though I think it can be dropped, maybe? Lol...

    Then again I barely PVP and I'm just looking in from the outside. I'm still searching for an awesome Discipline 2's build. I just recently got interested in PVPing, used to do it for years as a Rogue, but since I rolled priest I have been turned off by it, but I'm giving in.

    EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

  11. #11

    Re: disc pvp spec

    Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    How? Are you confusing it with Borrowed Time?...or am I completely crazy and missing something lol.
    That's what I was wondering... lol. I personally find Rapture a useless PvP talent compared to other useful talents~

  12. #12
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,166

    Re: disc pvp spec

    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    That's what I was wondering... lol. I personally find Rapture a useless PvP talent compared to other useful talents~
    Giving 16 energy to your rogue partner possibly every 12 seconds is rather nice though.
    Plus the manareg of course on yourself. Which adds up, seeing as you get 4,5% maxmana when a shield on yourself breaks.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •