Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 3.1.2 on Live Servers, Comics

Also today:

Patch 3.1.2 on Live Servers this week
    Patch 3.1.2 will be deployed on live servers this week.

Argent Tournament Mounts
    The Argent Tournament mounts are being updated with this patch. Mounts already purchased at the Argent Tournament will be replaced with the updated mounts when this patch goes live.

For those looking to get their hands on even more sweet rides, ten mounts using the original tournament look will be available for purchase from Argent Tournament vendors for 5 Champion's Seals and 500 gold (faction discounts apply). To purchase these original mounts at the Argent Tournament, players must be either members of, or exalted with, the corresponding faction.

100 Champion Seals Mounts (New Models)
    Alliance

Horde

5 Champion Seals + 500 Gold Mounts (Old Models)
    Alliance

Horde

Argent Hippogryph Cost Lowered
    Originally Posted by Crygil (Blue Tracker)
    In order to better balance the cost of new rewards that we would like to add to the Argent Tournament, we will be changing the cost of the Argent Hippogryph flying mount in the next minor patch. These mounts will be reduced in cost from 250 Champion’s Seals to 150 Champion’s Seals. Further details regarding additional new rewards will be provided in the future.

A display issue may occur with this change, causing the Argent Hippogryph to continue to display a cost of 250 Champion’s Seals. This display issue will be resolved in a future patch.
    Wintergrasp Quests now Weekly
    Wintergrasp daily quests are now weekly, most of the rewards have been increased to reflect these changes.
    Originally Posted by Crygil (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    given by these quests as well as additional Stone Keeper's Shards. These quests will reset every Tuesday morning at 3:00 AM.

There are two known issues that may occur once these changes are pushed to live realms:

The quest mark will now show as gold, even though the quests are repeatable.
    After the quests reset, players near the NPC quest givers may need to move out of line of sight in order for the quests to properly appear.

According to the latest PTR build, the honor gains in Wintergrasp have been slightly nerfed.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Lake Wintergrasp

Ulduar Item Changes
    Weapons from the hard mode version of Ulduar 10-Man have been upgraded and are now slightly more powerful. These changes should already be in game and patch 3.1.2 will only reflect them in the item tooltips, see the comparison below.
    [blizzquote="Zarhym;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/12/16903640039-ulduar-10player-hard-mode-weapons-update.html]In order to better reward players for completing hard mode encounters in 10-player Ulduar, we will be updating weapon rewards from these hard mode encounters to an item level of 232 in the next minor patch. Players already with these items should see an increase in the power of these items to better reflect the new item level. [/blizzquote"]
    A few more items were also changed for various reasons. (Stats additions or redistribution, weapon speed changed, and texture fixed for
    HTML Code:
    [url="/i/news/2009/may/ptr_9901_40.jpg"][b]<font color="#A335EE">Conqueror's Darkruned Legguards</font>[/b][/url]
    )

Please also note that due to the low amount of players on test realms, I couldn't get the stats of all the items here but most of them should be listed below.

HTML Code:
    <style>
th:hover {background:#d6ffb2;}
tr.vloot2:hover {background:#d6ffb2;}
.vloot2 {background-color:#FFFFFF;}
.vloot2 > td {border-bottom:1px solid #cff55f}
</style>

<table width="685" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1" style="border: 1px solid #96BC27; margin:auto">
	<tr bgcolor="#c8f545"><td align="center">[b]Ulduar 25-Man[/b]</td></tr>
</table>
<table class="sortable" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1" style="border: 1px solid #96BC27; margin:auto">
			<tr bgcolor="#96BC27" style="font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer;">
			<th width="30">ilvl</th>
			<th width="75">Type</th>
			<th width="75">Spec</th>
			<th width="75">Slot</th>
			<th width="265">Item</th>
			<th width="150">Boss</th>
			</tr>
				<tr class="vloot2"><td>232</td><td>1H Swords</td><td>Phys.DPS</td><td>One-Hand</td><td>[url="/i/news/2009/may/ptr_9901_26.jpg"][b]<font color="#A335EE">Malice</font>[/b][/url]</td><td>Kologarn-25</td></tr>
				<tr class="vloot2"><td>232</td><td>1H Swords</td><td>Phys.DPS</td><td>One-Hand</td><td>[url="/i/news/2009/may/ptr_9901_25.jpg"][b]<font color="#A335EE">Remorse</font>[/b][/url]</td><td>Razorscale-25</td></tr>
				<tr class="vloot2"><td>232</td><td>1H Maces</td><td>Phys.DPS</td><td>One-Hand</td><td>[url="/i/news/2009/may/ptr_9901_27.jpg"][b]<font color="#A335EE">Stonerender</font>[/b][/url]</td><td>Auriaya-25</td></tr>
				<tr class="vloot2"><td>226</td><td>Plate</td><td>Tank</td><td>Legs</td><td>[url="/i/news/2009/may/ptr_9901_40.jpg"][b]<font color="#A335EE">Conqueror's Darkruned Legguards</font>[/b][/url]</td><td>Tier 8.25</td></tr>
			</table>
<table width="685" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1" style="border: 1px solid #96BC27; margin:auto">
	<tr bgcolor="#c8f545"><td align="center">[b]Ulduar 10-Man[/b]</td></tr>
</table>
<table class="sortable" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1" style="border: 1px solid #96BC27; margin:auto">
			<tr bgcolor="#96BC27" style="font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer;">
			<th width="30">ilvl</th>
			<th width="75">Type</th>
			<th width="75">Spec</th>
			<th width="75">Slot</th>
			<th width="265">Item</th>
			<th width="150">Boss</th>
			</tr>
				<tr class="vloot2"><td>232</td><td>2H Maces</td><td>Melee.DPS</td><td>Two-Hand</td><td>[url="/i/news/2009/may/ptr_9901_38.jpg"][b]<font color="#A335EE">Hammer of Crushing Whispers</font>[/b][/url]</td><td>Yogg-Saron-10-Hard</td></tr>
				<tr class="vloot2"><td>232</td><td>2H Swords</td><td>Melee.DPS</td><td>Two-Hand</td><td>[url="/i/news/2009/may/ptr_9901_33.jpg"][b]<font color="#A335EE">Aesir's Edge</font>[/b][/url]</td><td>XT-002-10-Hard</td></tr>
				<tr class="vloot2"><td>219</td><td>1H Swords</td><td>Tank</td><td>One-Hand</td><td>[url="/i/news/2009/may/ptr_9901_31.jpg"][b]<font color="#A335EE">Stoneguard</font>[/b][/url]</td><td>Kologarn-10</td></tr>
				<tr class="vloot2"><td>232</td><td>1H Maces</td><td>Phys.DPS</td><td>One-Hand</td><td>[url="/i/news/2009/may/ptr_9901_39.jpg"][b]<font color="#A335EE">Caress of Insanity</font>[/b][/url]</td><td>Yogg-Saron-10-Hard</td></tr>
				<tr class="vloot2"><td>232</td><td>1H Maces</td><td>Tanking</td><td>One-Hand</td><td>[url="/i/news/2009/may/ptr_9901_45.jpg"][b]<font color="#A335EE">Shiver</font>[/b][/url]</td><td>Hodir-10-Hard</td></tr>
				<tr class="vloot2"><td>232</td><td>1H Swords</td><td>Phys.DPS</td><td>One-Hand</td><td>[url="/i/news/2009/may/ptr_9901_41.jpg"][b]<font color="#A335EE">Void Sabre</font>[/b][/url]</td><td>Vezax-10-Hard</td></tr>
				<tr class="vloot2"><td>232</td><td>1H Swords</td><td>Phys.DPS</td><td>One-Hand</td><td>[url="/i/news/2009/may/ptr_9901_23.jpg"][b]<font color="#A335EE">Serilas, Blood Blade of ...</font>[/b][/url]</td><td>Freya-10-Hard</td></tr>
				<tr class="vloot2"><td>232</td><td>Daggers</td><td>Phys.DPS</td><td>One-Hand</td><td>[url="/i/news/2009/may/ptr_9901_36.jpg"][b]<font color="#A335EE">Combatant's Bootblade</font>[/b][/url]</td><td>Thorim-10-Hard</td></tr>
				<tr class="vloot2"><td>232</td><td>Daggers</td><td>Phys.DPS</td><td>One-Hand</td><td>[url="/i/news/2009/may/ptr_9901_42.jpg"][b]<font color="#A335EE">Perilous Bite</font>[/b][/url]</td><td>Iron Council-10-Hard</td></tr>
				<tr class="vloot2"><td>232</td><td>Fist Weap.</td><td>Phys.DPS</td><td>Main Hand</td><td>[url="/i/news/2009/may/ptr_9901_30.jpg"][b]<font color="#A335EE">The Masticator</font>[/b][/url]</td><td>Iron Council-10-Hard</td></tr>
				<tr class="vloot2"><td>232</td><td>Guns</td><td>Phys.DPS</td><td>Ranged</td><td>[url="/i/news/2009/may/ptr_9901_34.jpg"][b]<font color="#A335EE">Magnetized Projectile Emitter</font>[/b][/url]</td><td>XT-002-10-Hard</td></tr>
				<tr class="vloot2"><td>232</td><td>Staves</td><td>Phys.DPS</td><td>Two-Hand</td><td>[url="/i/news/2009/may/ptr_9901_44.jpg"][b]<font color="#A335EE">Tortured Earth</font>[/b][/url]</td><td>Vezax-10-Hard</td></tr>
				<tr class="vloot2"><td>232</td><td>Staves</td><td>Spell Spirit</td><td>Two-Hand</td><td>[url="/i/news/2009/may/ptr_9901_43.jpg"][b]<font color="#A335EE">Icecore Staff</font>[/b][/url]</td><td>Hodir-10-Hard</td></tr>
				<tr class="vloot2"><td>232</td><td>Shields</td><td>Tank</td><td>Off Hand</td><td>[url="/i/news/2009/may/ptr_9901_24.jpg"][b]<font color="#A335EE">The Boreal Guard</font>[/b][/url]</td><td>Hodir-10-Hard</td></tr>
				<tr class="vloot2"><td>219</td><td>Shields</td><td>Spell</td><td>Off Hand</td><td>[url="/i/news/2009/may/ptr_9901_29.jpg"][b]<font color="#A335EE">Pulsing Spellshield</font>[/b][/url]</td><td>XT-002-10</td></tr>
				<tr class="vloot2"><td>219</td><td>Shields</td><td>Tank</td><td>Off Hand</td><td>[url="/i/news/2009/may/ptr_9901_32.jpg"][b]<font color="#A335EE">Shieldwall of the Breaker</font>[/b][/url]</td><td>Auriaya-10</td></tr>
				<tr class="vloot2"><td>219</td><td>Leather</td><td>Phys.DPS</td><td>Head</td><td>[url="/i/news/2009/may/ptr_9901_35.jpg"][b]<font color="#A335EE">Guise of the Midgard Serpent</font>[/b][/url]</td><td>Thorim-10</td></tr>
				<tr class="vloot2"><td>219</td><td>Leather</td><td>Spell Spirit</td><td>Feet</td><td>[url="/i/news/2009/may/ptr_9901_28.jpg"][b]<font color="#A335EE">Boots of the Petrified Forest</font>[/b][/url]</td><td>Iron Council-10</td></tr>
			</table>
    PTR Patch Notes
    This is the latest version of the PTR Patch Notes.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    World of Warcraft PTR Patch 3.1.2

The latest test realm patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html

The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/

General
    • New art textures have been added for Argent Tournament mounts. Any mounts already purchased from the Argent Tournament vendors will be updated automatically. Argent Tournament mounts with the old textures will still be available for purchase from the Argent Tournament vendors for a small Champion's Seal and gold cost (standard faction requirements apply).
    • Copied Test Realm characters will no longer be copied with their achievement history in order to better facilitate the character copy process.

Equipment Manager
    • When enabled from the Interface Options menu, this feature will allow players to store sets of equipment, easily swap between saved sets using hotkeys, and pull items directly from backpacks or bank slots (must be at the bank to equip inventory from the bank).

PVP
    • Vehicle health and damage output in Strand of the Ancients and Lake Wintergrasp now scale with the item level of the operator's gear. Power scaling is now 1% damage and 1% health per average item level.
    • All Lake Wintergrasp daily quests have been changed to a weekly format. The honor and Stone Keeper's Shards rewarded for completing these quests have been increased to compensate.

Death Knight (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    • Improved Death Strike: This talent now also increases the healing from Death Strike by 25/50% and the tooltip has been adjusted to reflect the actual functionality after the hotfix in 3.1.0.
    • Ghoul Frenzy: Now has a 10-second cooldown.

Druid (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    • Innervate: This ability has been redesigned to grant 450% of the casting Druid's base mana pool to the target over 20 seconds.
    • Improved Moonkin Form: Now grants 10/20/30% of spirit as spell power.

Hunter (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    • Disengage: Cooldown reduced by 5 seconds.

Mage (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    • Mirror Images: The images summoned by this spell will now target the creature that most hates the Mage, and should no longer cast Fire Blast or Frostbolt on targets that are affected by crowd control debuffs that break immediately on damage unless they are already casting these spells when crowd control is applied.

Paladin (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    • Blessing of Wisdom and Greater Blessing of Wisdom: Now grant 92 mana per 5 seconds to prevent being overwritten by Mana Spring Totem.
    • Exorcism: Can no longer be used on player-controlled creatures.

Priest (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    • Divine Hymn: Healing and healing scaling reduced by 30%. Buff on affected players changed from 15% to 10%.
    • Renewed Hope: Effect can no longer be dispelled.
    • Soul Warding: Mana cost reduction is now 15% down from 30%.

Warlock (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    • Conflagrate updated: Consumes an Immolate or Shadowflame effect on the enemy target to instantly deal damage equal to 12 seconds of your Immolate, or 8 seconds of your Shadowflame. In addition, the increased critical strike chance of Conflagrate provided by this talent no longer requires the Immolate effect to have 5 seconds or fewer remaining on the target.
    • Fire and Brimstone: Now increases the damage done by your Incinerate and Chaos Bolt by 3/6/9/12/15% on targets afflicted by Immolate, and increases the critical strike chance of your Conflagrate by 5/10/15/20/25%.
    • Nether Protection reduced to 30% damage reduction, down from 60%.
    • Sacrifice (Voidwalker) redesigned: Sacrifices a portion of the Voidwalker's health, giving its master a shield that will absorb X damage for 30 seconds. While the shield holds, spell casting will not be interrupted by damage. 1-minute cooldown.
    • Shadow and Flame: Now also includes Shadowburn.

Warrior (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    • Juggernaut: Critical strike chance bonus reduced to 25%, down from 100%.

Items
    • Arena weapons with an item level of 239 have had their rating requirements increased to 2350.
    • Darkruned Battlegear 2-Piece Set Bonus: The bonus critical strike chance for Frost Strike and Death Coil has been increased from 5% to 8%.
    • Furious Gladiator's Staff and Furious Gladiator's Greatstaff: The agility values on these two items were too high. They have been reduced by 50%.
    • Guise of the Midgard Serpent: The base attack power on this item has been lowered to balance it against items of a similar quality.
    • Increased the health and mana restored from Northrend food and drinks.
    • Most scopes now have a level requirement and will bind the item to which they are applied.
    • Nightsong Garb 4-Piece Set Bonus: Chance for Insect Swarm to trigger an instant Starfire changed to 15%.
    • Scourgeborne Battlegear 4-Piece Set Bonus: The runic power gain has been reduced to 5 runic power from 10 runic power.
    • Ulduar 10-player hard mode weapons have been updated to item level 232.

Glyphs
    • Glyph of Innervate: Has been adjusted to grant the Druid 90% of his or her base mana pool over 20 seconds.
    • Glyph of Mass Dispel: Now only decreases Mass Dispel cost by 35%.
    • Glyph of Rapid Charge: Reduced to 7%, down from 20% cooldown reduction to Charge.

Professions
    Fishing
    • Jewel of the Sewers: You can now fish in all parts of the Dalaran sewers for this quest.
    • Phantom Ghostfish: Can now be caught from Nettlefish schools in Sholazar Basin.

User Interface
    • For additional notes on Lua and XML changes please visit the UI & Macros forum.

Bug Fixes
    Dungeons and Raids - Ulduar
    • Hodir should now reset in a timely manner if a group fails to kill him.
    • 10-player bosses that drop Runed Orbs will also sometimes drop the recipes that use those orbs.
    • The Spark of Imagination: Characters that release in part of the boss room will no longer be ported to Westfall or The Barrens.

Professions - Tailoring
    • Swordguard Embroidery: Now correctly increases ranged attack power.

Death Knight
    • Anti-magic Shell: Tooltip error corrected.
    • Blood Boil: If no target is available for Blood Boil to hit, the spell will now cast and consume a blood rune but generate no runic power.

Druid
    • Maim: Rank 2 of this ability is properly considered a stun and can be escaped by Blink.

Hunter
    • Go For The Throat: Explosive Shot critical strikes now trigger this talent.
    • Lock and Load: The tooltip has been corrected to display its actual chance to occur.
    • Rabid: This Hunter pet talent no longer lists a percentage chance to be triggered, as that chance varies by the attack speed of the pet.

Paladin
    • Divine Sacrifice: Damage done to the Paladin while this is active will no longer cause the effect to break early, and if it is dispelled or cancelled early, the damage counter will reset correctly the next time the spell is cast.

Rogue
    • Shadow Dance: Issues with action bars and ability use arising from using Stealth while Shadow Dance is active have been fixed.
    • Tricks of the Trade: To prevent exploits, this ability can no longer be cast on non-player targets.

Warlock
    • Demonic Sacrifice: This spell will no longer appear in any Warlock's spellbook.
    Ventrilo Servers - MLG Voice
    A few weeks ago, Major League Gaming (the parent company of MMO-Champion) launched a new ventrilo hosting service called MLG Voice.

First I would like to thanks all the people who signed up and who now use our services, your support to this site is much appreciated and will hopefully help improving it in the long run.

I would also like to point out that the servers listed on the right of MLG Voice are test servers that anyone can use to check the quality of the service before ordering. All you need is Ventrilo installed on your computer and clicking the connect link should work just fine (if you have a decent browser, but I'm sure you do)

Comics
    Dark Legacy Comic #189 and Teh Gladiators #74 are out.

Re: Patch 3.1.2 on Live Servers, Comics

First?
    New models are great!

DLC, as always, is win
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ngacnlcq
    First?
    New models are great!
    Good luck with that.

Looking forward to the patch as I am anticipating how the Druid changes are going to be! I should have got exalted with other factions so I could have easily got something cooler than a Kodo. >< 5 seal and 500-rep discount is cheap! I might get an old Kodo anyway just to have one.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Also interesting:
    http://cru-the-dwarf.deviantart.com/...-One-121732976

Cru teaches you how to make a wow comic of your very own!

Quote Originally Posted by ngacnlcq
    First?
    New models are great!
    These aren't the blizzard forums, Enjoy your ban!

where are the changes for the 3n3 and 5n5 ladder?

fuck you blizzard!

Do we have a lame new moniker for the WG changes yet? If not I'd like to submit Lake Weeklygrasp.
    I'm afraid we have a slight apocalypse on our hands

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Patch 3.1.2 on Live Servers this week
    Patch 3.1.2 will be deployed on live servers this week. Just like all the time, nothing official yet but it should hit the live servers except if something really really really bad happens.
    What's your source on this? Personally, I believe 5/26/2009, if you're right through, i'll believe any other patch date guess from you in the future

But for why I think 5/26/2009...

Quote Originally Posted by Terini
    I know this is sad, but I signed up for that mount dew alliance / horde thing (Check mmo-champion.com), anyways, after registering, I knew that the little pets that are related to this offer, the battle-bots we're going to be added in the 3.1.2 patch, anyways, when mousing over the "Redeem Tokens" text, it said Coming Soon 05/26/2009, think that would be an good guestimate of when the patch will come? Heck, it even lands on an tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Amko
    where are the changes for the 3n3 and 5n5 ladder?

fuck you blizzard!
    true shit

Aww, the Argent Hippogryph mount cost isn't going down in this one?

I'd say I'm pretty sure about it. Again, if something bad happen Blizzard can always cancel the patching but it never happened in the past.

@Crawlerette: Added, I just forgot about it

I'd say I'm pretty sure about it. Again, if something bad happen Blizzard can always cancel the patching but it never happened in the past.

I hope it today. earlier is better than later..

It must be nice having someone working @ blizz feeding you this links / info :P

So now we are forced to do 10 man hard to get weapons which are only beaten by Vazax 25 hard mode drop? Awesome...

Bring on my Hippogryph, will have 150 badges when servers come back online
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

Man, im happy that i took the pulsing spellshield now that its getting buffed. 37spell sucked in comparison with voice of reason.

I wonder if the equipment manager will have problems with the jc-only epic gems. Its a pain to switch from one set to another atm because you cant equip more than 3 dragoneyes.

Hurray, now you will get like 1 more second to try and do something before you get charged/intecepted!
    My whineposts are better than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Bareno
    What's your source on this? Personally, I believe 5/26/2009, if you're right through, i'll believe any other patch date guess from you in the future

But for why I think 5/26/2009...
    See thread here for confirmation it's going live: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...Id=17223094241

15+ Year Old Account

And Europe got a Breaking News for Patch3.1.2

ALTF4.

Deleted

5 Champion Seals + 500 Gold Mounts (Old Models)
    Gold Mounts, wo0t wo0t?