Page 1 of 2
LastLast

L2 Kill a healer for ret pvp?

So Im Retlol.. haha I have been playing ret since vanilla wow on a human and then I rerolled belf towards the end of tbc. So yea, I'm digging how we went from being a lolwtfurdps? class to facerolling a lot of other classes (wink rogues/warriors, oh yea DKs too). The only issue I have is fighting healers lol. What are some strats other Rets are using to kill healers? Any input is greatly appreciated on the topic of killing healers ars a ret.

PS-trolls FTL

Crackaine- it's like crack for the sophisticated man.

Patch 3.1.2... RIP engineering you will be remember with fond memories for the edge you gave arena

Deleted

Re: L2 Kill a healer for ret pvp?

This is totally offtopic but the text in your signature (or below it?) is interesting: Bubblehearth vs Noobs= Epic Win.

Got something to do with my name ? lawlz. 8)

Use Seal of Light and 1H weapon for faster attacks and more SoL procs.

This strategy does not work on Shaman though - because of their insane Lightning Shield deeps.
    I > U

"I can kill all melee, but I have trouble killing healers! In arena I want to be able to kill EVERYTHING I fight, despite a general Rock Paper Scissors structure, and even when I bash my head on my keyboard, I still can't kill them. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? "
    right wel i can insurance u i dnt hav down syndrome so u can stop sayin stupid stuff lyk that
    --Hennrehh

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik
    Crying is easier than trying.
    Just remember, folks. If you use Armory to look up my character, just to make your e-peen larger, it just makes my points more valid.

I can kill most healers besides shamans. shamans own me all around.

A chainsaw is good for dealing with obnoxious tree-druids if you're an Engineer, unless the druid is spec'd into 3/3 Sap.
    I > U

Quote Originally Posted by Antiqueth
    "I can kill all melee, but I have trouble killing healers! In arena I want to be able to kill EVERYTHING I fight, despite a general Rock Paper Scissors structure, and even when I bash my head on my keyboard, I still can't kill them. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? "
    ahh plz l2read. I was simply asking for ideas on killing healers since we dont have MS/poisons/counters spells.. well we got 2 stuns and Arcane torrent... but yea im not saying i wanna kill everything in the face of the earth... thanx for rereading

Patch 3.1.2... RIP engineering you will be remember with fond memories for the edge you gave arena

Quote Originally Posted by slrockin04
    ahh plz l2read. I was simply asking for ideas on killing healers since we dont have MS/poisons/counters spells.. well we got 2 stuns and Arcane torrent... but yea im not saying i wanna kill everything in the face of the earth... thanx for rereading
    No, I clearly read your post and was summarizing it for everyone. You were essentially saying that despite you being a Melee destroyer, you want to beat Healers, something Melee (What you destroy) usually does best with their abilities...

SO here's what you're saying.

You beat Melee (DKs Warriors Rogues) who beat Healers

BUT you want to just cut out the middle man. You want to be able to kill EVERYTHING using the abilities that those that you beat have.

So you want to be Rock AND Scissors so you can finally destroy Paper AND Scissors. Wut
    right wel i can insurance u i dnt hav down syndrome so u can stop sayin stupid stuff lyk that
    --Hennrehh

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik
    Crying is easier than trying.
    Just remember, folks. If you use Armory to look up my character, just to make your e-peen larger, it just makes my points more valid.

No, I clearly read your post and was summarizing it for everyone. You were essentially saying that despite you being a Melee destroyer, you want to beat Healers, something Melee (What you destroy) usually does best with their abilities...

BUT you want to just cut out the middle man. You want to be able to kill EVERYTHING using the abilities that those that you beat have.

So you want to be Rock AND Scissors so you can finally destroy Paper AND Scissors. Wut
    stop being retarded and learn english to read properly, he was only asking for tips

anyways... /USE
    NOW DIE B*ITCH... DIE!!!!11

Paper is fine nerf rock.

Signed Scissors..

haha OK okay i wanna be a very sharp sharp ass rock that messes up scissors and also cuts through the paper lol

ok but any rets have any tips on bettering my 1v1 when their dps/my healer are dead and im faced with a 5 minute battle against a disc priest/resto some thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Noochie
    Paper is fine nerf rock.

Signed Scissors..
    hahha epic!

I also have a hard time downing healers without an MS debuff. It's a matter on chaining together all of my stuns / silences and hoping for a big bursty moment. You really need to watch their buffs, catch them with the HoJ when their trinket is down, and hots are falling off, shields on CD, etc. Save arcane torrent / Repentence for that moment and hope you can catch them during a cast with it. Again, you have to be lucky with some crits in there.

Quote Originally Posted by slrockin04
    ok but any rets have any tips on bettering my 1v1 when their dps/my healer are dead and im faced with a 5 minute battle against a disc priest/resto some thing?
    YOU ARE LYING!
    1v1 SITUATIONS DON'T HAPPEN IN ARENA

oh wait..
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

Quote Originally Posted by Noochie
    Paper is fine nerf rock.

Signed Scissors..
    this reminds me of the spring of 2005

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH WHILE BILLY MAYS IS TALKING

I have serious issues trying to kill holy pallys. Druids are less difficult while shaman are next. Of the four healing classes, priests seem to be the easiest to defeat.

When fighting a disc priest w/ ~900 resil, you have to realize that you aren't going to instagib them. It sucks, but you have to run them out of mana. Keeping Sacred Shield on yourself and using the instant FoL when its up, popping Divine Plea on CD, and judging constantly. Just keep the pressure on them. Cleanse everything immediately. In a duel, I never use bubble or trinket against a priest. I let the fear run its course, top myself off real quick, and reapply pressure. As soon as you realize that you aren't going to burst them down, and you play smart, you can beat almost any well geared priest. Take your time. Mana burn does way less than it used to and most times they lose a lot more mana than you. If they get you OOM, pop Divine Plea, Arcane Torrent and use judgement immediately. You can get back to 50% mana very quickly. Never let up on them.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Like you, I've played ret with my main since vanilla wow, and healers have always been difficult to defeat. At least before I used to go OOM and they'd finish me, but now, with the amazing mana return we have, I'm like stalled in fights cause the healer won't die, and I can keep hitting him without losing mana.

What I've noticed in pvp, is that I can OOM trees. Eventually they go low on mana and then I just pop all cooldowns and kill. I can seriously NOT OOM holy paladins, is a waste of time to go after them. Shamans, if I get lucky I can interrupt their healings and pwn, but only if I get lucky, popping wings and everthing. And priest, I haven't tried. Like holy paladins, seems to me is a waste of time lol

GL finding a way to avoid those annoying healers! lol

qft

dumbass....

anyways, you cant kill a healer by yourself. you need help from your teammate. burst cc etc. arenas are about teamwork, remember?

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Renamefailed
    this reminds me of the spring of 2005
    The summer of 69' tbh..