Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Druid Tanks in Ulduar

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer
    I have a question on OT. I recently dual specc'd into Bear with extra 10 man gear/crafted/heroic gear. I have picked up 3 Ulduar pieces of leather (more DPS). I am usually Boom, but sometimes one of our tanks is late or can't show. I was wondering if I was ok to off tank. My self buffed health is like 32K, I have 41% dodge, and hit is 6.8%. I am an Alch so the flask gives me about 420 more health IIRC so that is like 1700 from my flask. Below is my spec.

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000

I haven't put my hand up to OT when needed as I am not 100% sure I have the stats. Any input?

Oh I am talking about 10 man Ulduar

EDIT: I have been focusing on avoidance over health. Yes I read and trying to learn, lol
    I second the comment about Brutal Impact. For the rest, you're fine. Stats-wise you can go and OT without problems. Have fun BEARing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Cool thanks, that will make our loc happy, as he has to jump on DK to OT in a pinch. Without fail the gear his main needs drops when he is on his DK.
    "Peace is a lie"

I've killed all but Thorim, Mimiron, General and Yogg on normal and I've not had any problems at all main tanking.
    Tonite in 25 man we killed Levi (no big deal), Razor, Kolo and XT. I OT'd but on Razor and Kolo when I had agro due to tank switching, it was pretty easy to keep me up.

Quote Originally Posted by qft
    6k? is that in 10man? thats pretty weird since my wws report 5k average melee swing of thorim on our tanks in 10 man. crushing should be much harder.
    Alski is might be correct, but yes, it was in 25man. I was surprised myself to see so low crushing hit.

Actually, I was looking at a wws from last week, and to my surprise I did spot crushing blows on the incoming dmg to me. After digging around a bit, I find out that it was caused by a dark rune add that was humping my leg after Thorim had jumped into the arena (and the slackers were *not* killing it + the offtanks slacked for like a minute before pulling it off me... /sigh).
    The highest hit the add did on me was just 5k, so I guess that old 6k crushing blow was from an add and not Thorim himself.
    for the curious, highest hit Thorim got on me was 24.5k unbalancing strike, 22.7k melee swing crit (10 crits/111 hits), and from bad memory we killed at 11 stacks ...
    I wonder if Thorim is actually scripted to not be able to do crushing blows to the tank.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

How do you deal with the aoe from the adds? Kologarn's hitbox is nice and big and all, but its not *that* big.
    I dont think i would want to do Razorscale with just one tank, cause its simply not nescesary - you can get the achievement with a well placed bloodlust, and since there is no real hard mode to go for, i'd rather have another tank so you can clear the debuffs in phase two, than to risk a wipe and waste time on a boss like Razorscale.
    Well we did Razorskale last night, and the debuff still stacks too 5 making you utterly useless.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by coocoo
    I wonder if Thorim is actually scripted to not be able to do crushing blows to the tank.
    I was reading a thread on EJ the other day speculating the same -- logs were posted where the tank is getting crushed by adds multiple times, but never by Thorim.

It would make sense, I think.

actually i browsed a lot of logs on my own, never saw a single crushing blow (from thorim).

debuff still stacks too 5 making you utterly useless.
    shapeshift, for god's sake.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    I was reading a thread on EJ the other day speculating the same -- logs were posted where the tank is getting crushed by adds multiple times, but never by Thorim.

It would make sense, I think.
    Possible.

We killed thorim hard 25 14days ago...i browsed some logs and i received a bunch of crits...but no crushes at alll

Quote Originally Posted by arel00

Your warrior puts Vigilance on people. Ok. Any non-retarded warrior does. Yet he doesn't tank Hodir. Ok.
    So why the hell did you post that shizzle biting at my post about hardmode tanks?
    Then your text (which may as well have been a typo) implied more than one tank on a hardmode fight. I joke about that and you, instead of saying "ops typo", come back, misread my post, and bite again about my tank status?
    • the warrior tank is bad.
    • the post i made was not important.
    • i made no typo. a bad post is not a typo, it's a wtfL2read error.
    • i didn't misunderstand you, i know taunt spamming is bad practice because mobs go immune to taunt.
    • this thread is not about tanking hardmode hodir only.
    • just because there i quoted you didn't mean i wanted to start a flame war.
    • I never got hostile. I never used any red text or said "don't try to come teach me" blah blah blah. just stated that i'm not an idiot and i know you don't used more than 1 tank on hard hodir.
    i won't make any more posts in this thread as i'm derailing it. just wanted to explain my train of thought.

I'm at 37K/45% buffed for 10s and we aren't overly progressed, but I didn't have too many problems MT or OT last night. The only fight that WAS a problem was MT on Ignis, our Lock was constantly getting up there. My gear isn't super, I have 0 tier, some pvp items, crafted stuff, so my threat gen was struggling on this fight. I factor in 3 things: 1, gear. 2, experience. 3, fight mechanics.

We've only done the siege wing.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    • the warrior tank is bad.
    • the post i made was not important.
    • i made no typo. a bad post is not a typo, it's a wtfL2read error.
    • i didn't misunderstand you, i know taunt spamming is bad practice because mobs go immune to taunt.
    • this thread is not about tanking hardmode hodir only.
    • just because there i quoted you didn't mean i wanted to start a flame war.
    • I never got hostile. I never used any red text or said "don't try to come teach me" blah blah blah. just stated that i'm not an idiot and i know you don't used more than 1 tank on hard hodir.
    i won't make any more posts in this thread as i'm derailing it. just wanted to explain my train of thought.
    Peace