Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Mimiron Hard US First Kill, Hotfixes, Blue posts

Kinda funny how every single person in that screenshot, who has a heroism buff, died in their kill attempt. The only person I can see who survived, thus being immune to another heroism, is ONE paladin on the far left.

Took US so long to beat Mimiron hard mode...
    (right after Ensidia released video aswell, cough*)

The reason we increased the proc chance from 5% to 15% is because of the issue where you can lose the proc on an existing Starfire. For a number of technical reasons, we can't apply the proc to a spell already being cast.

[...] The problem is that you can't modify a spell's cast time while the spell is already being cast. The tooltip is accurate... if frustrating. We just talked about it and we might have a solution. It might not be hotfixable, but it shouldn't take until 3.2. We might lower the proc rate if we got it to work however. I'll try and update when we work it out. (Source)
    So they increased procchance on a bonus that dont work to compensate that it dont work. /endlogic

Think I just sit with T7 untill T9. Blizzard have screwed this set up too much. Well I got 4 Abyss crystalls now atleast, wohoo 400g.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlol
    Kinda funny how every single person in that screenshot, who has a heroism buff, died in their kill attempt. The only person I can see who survived, thus being immune to another heroism, is ONE paladin on the far left.
    Nah, our kill wasn't -that- close. We had 15 alive when he died. That SS was just late, corpse had already even despawned. Zaroua probably just clicked off heroism or something. http://www.premoguild.com/images/kil...irefighter.jpg Is the second of the kill.
    Devium
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alleria&n=Devium

Quote Originally Posted by Sadarie
    Nah, our kill wasn't -that- close. We had 15 alive when he died. That SS was just late, corpse had already even despawned. Zaroua probably just clicked off heroism or something. http://www.premoguild.com/images/kil...irefighter.jpg Is the second of the kill.
    Haha, okay! I just recalled almost the same thing happening in our first Mimiron kill. Big gratz though, forgot to mention it in le first post.

Quote Originally Posted by RWeber
    Pretty much the worst advice about gearing I've ever heard. For the vast majority of players the right thing to do is to take gear that a spreadsheet says is an upgrade and shard the rest.
    I just got a BiS head piece, but it has no hit. I am now far below hit cap. I just got T8 Gloves, giving me my 2 piece bonus. Too bad thy also sport no hit, again leaving me under the cap. Now I wish I had some hit gear in the bank to fix this.

See where I am going with this? A good player doesn't immediately discard items, BiS assumes you are in all BiS, to properly balance your stats.

you know i had dream once that premonition invited me into their guild and i'm not even kidding

Quote Originally Posted by cogzwell
    you know i had dream once that premonition invited me into their guild and i'm not even kidding
    This is a story you should tell many many people. It's so interesting.
    If a shaman tells you that he can't tank, he's just not doing it right.

RWeber

Quote Originally Posted by xenast
    I just got a BiS head piece, but it has no hit. I am now far below hit cap. I just got T8 Gloves, giving me my 2 piece bonus. Too bad thy also sport no hit, again leaving me under the cap. Now I wish I had some hit gear in the bank to fix this.

See where I am going with this? A good player doesn't immediately discard items, BiS assumes you are in all BiS, to properly balance your stats.
    The fact that you worry about things like reaching some arbitrary caps and balancing your stats is usually a good indication that you haven't analyzed your character with a spread sheet. They are precisely the kinds of things you end up (incorrectly) doing when you rely on intuition rather than actual evidence to make your choices.

We're not convinced melee stop improving their resilience. Typically that only works for a class with such high CC or defensive potential that they just aren't taking damage much (rogues typically have fallen into this category).
    Being a rogue, I have no idea what the hell they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Musabi
    Being a rogue, I have no idea what the hell they are talking about.
    I know right?