Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...

Re: Minor JC Nerf inc next patch

Just for clarification, I didn't see anywhere in the patch notes about the Dragon eye gems losing their prismatic. Did I miss something?

# Jewelcrafting

* Dragon's Eye gems stat bonuses increased.
    * New recipes have been added for cutting epic gems and can be purchased using Dalaran Jewelcrafter's tokens.
    * Icy Prism now has a chance of yielding an epic gem.
    * Raw epic gems can be obtained via the following means:
    o Prospecting Titanium Ore
    o Alchemy transmutations
    o Purchased with Honor
    o Purchased with Emblems of Heroism

I'm also confused. They've talked about Dragon's eyes losing their prismatic qualities in previous blue posts but not in this one...does that mean they've changed their mind? They went through all the other changes on here so surely the prismatic change would be mentioned as well.

lul, idc about socket bonuses. I just pick them up if I can given what I gem for + the meta gem requirements.
    Quote Originally Posted by gibborim
    Just because you are doing it wrong without large scale failure does not mean you are doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Diseous
    Just for clarification, I didn't see anywhere in the patch notes about the Dragon eye gems losing their prismatic. Did I miss something?

# Jewelcrafting

* New recipes have been added for cutting epic gems and can be purchased using Dalaran Jewelcrafter's tokens.
    o Alchemy transmutations
    o Purchased with Honor

# Jewelcrafting

o Alchemy transmutations
    o Purchased with Honor
    Can someone speak to blue posts stating an intended nerf then weeks later the patch notes are released and said nerf is not included? Is it more likely that the prismatic gem socket nerf is no longer intended, that it has been delayed, or that the most recent patch notes for 3.2 are the final decision? Do devs ever revoke/repeal past blue posts or is it just a big mystery?

Important detail for someone considering picking up JC.

JC gems get buffed in the same way all other professions will be buffed to provide +40 stats.

The only tricky part that I see here, is that JC get 3 gems currently, which provide +11 stats each. Total is +33 stats right now.
    Now,,, if the epic gem thing goes trough, they'll be weaker in comparison, so they get buffed.
    The problem is, 40 can't be divided by 3 and be equal to the others, so you'll end up with +39 or +42 stats. unless blizzard makes the JC gems unique up to 4 gems instead of 3.

Yarrrrr! Predictions proved accurate.

Anw, BS becomes 40 stats, lw becomes 40 stats, jc becomes 40 stats, enchanting becomes 40, etc. All professions equal. The only difference will be the craftable items. Which JC has a few very very nice ones of.
    As usual engineering and tailoring will get shafted however.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Blizz needs to just give Pally tier have only blue sockets. Stam is all we need really. Everything comes from gear just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Specops
    Blizz needs to just give Pally tier have only blue sockets. Stam is all we need really. Everything comes from gear just fine.
    Not to disagree with your point, but you should really only be going for two pieces of tier anyway.

http://www.chardev.org/?template=213939

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Not to disagree with your point, but you should really only be going for two pieces of tier anyway.

http://www.chardev.org/?template=213939
    Haven't raided for quite awhile due to getting an internship at Intel. And my guild basically sucks at raiding... I've been contemplating on joining my buddy's guild or my old guild.

# Jewelcrafting

o Alchemy transmutations
    o Purchased with Honor
    I posted something about this, and asking the same question. For an alchemist, transmutation spec now becomes viable. If there is no cooldown for transmuting gems that is.