Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Algalon Update, US First Proto-Drake, Blue posts

God...I Love it when random Joe Schmo player #6,582,296 walks up to a Dev and tells the person who thought up, designed, created and implemented their own class that they don't know what they're talking about.

I'm referring specifically to the blue response from GC by the paladin whining about MP5 on pally gear. Like...who are you?

I'm not trying to be hostile but imagine this in any other scenario: I'm going to walk up to the slave children of Trashcanistan or wherever sneakers are made and be like. "you know kids...I wear a lot of sneakers and, no offense because I know you spend 16 hours a day making sneakers, but I just think that I myself...with no prior sneaker-making skills education or abilities, understand sneakers a little bit more than you do. Please step up the game, okay?

I'm going to walk up to Brett Farve and say: "Listen Brett, do you mind if I call you Brett? I watch a lot of football, okay? I see the ball get thrown a lot, and I own many jerseys. I've also thrown a lot of things in my day. I throw stuff all the time. I just think that maybe you can...you know...get a little better at throwing? I know it's your job and you're a professional and I'm just Some Guy, but I really don't think you have a grasp on all the intricate details of Ball Throwing that I possess. I mean when I throw things I really see the ball thrown...like SEE it, you know what I'm saying? Real deep Throwing Understanding and stuff...so if you could just...fix it and get better? See things the correct way that I see it and you don't, that would be great, thanks."

Comments like those, and the frequency with which they are made, always astound me...

Quote Originally Posted by Aleom
    God...I Love it when random Joe Schmo player #6,582,296 walks up to a Dev and tells the person who thought up, designed, created and implemented their own class that they don't know what they're talking about.

I'm referring specifically to the blue response from GC by the paladin whining about MP5 on pally gear. Like...who are you?

I'm not trying to be hostile but imagine this in any other scenario: I'm going to walk up to the slave children of Trashcanistan or wherever sneakers are made and be like. "you know kids...I wear a lot of sneakers and, no offense because I know you spend 16 hours a day making sneakers, but I just think that I myself...with no prior sneaker-making skills education or abilities, understand sneakers a little bit more than you do. Please step up the game, okay?

I'm going to walk up to Brett Farve and say: "Listen Brett, do you mind if I call you Brett? I watch a lot of football, okay? I see the ball get thrown a lot, and I own many jerseys. I've also thrown a lot of things in my day. I throw stuff all the time. I just think that maybe you can...you know...get a little better at throwing? I know it's your job and you're a professional and I'm just Some Guy, but I really don't think you have a grasp on all the intricate details of Ball Throwing that I possess. I mean when I throw things I really see the ball thrown...like SEE it, you know what I'm saying? Real deep Throwing Understanding and stuff...so if you could just...fix it and get better? See things the correct way that I see it and you don't, that would be great, thanks."

Comments like those, and the frequency with which they are made, always astound me...
    That acutally made me laugh.

But its already known that Blizzard is ignoring accurate math done by players - and its nothing new that 'their tools' are often enought just wrong.

Really, whenever you see GC making posts about PVP it is clear that he has no clue at all. That´s probably the reason the game is so horribly unbalanced. He should try playing it and maybe he would understand. Then again he would probably play a DK or Retlol and think he got high ratings because he was skilled and not understand the problem.
    My whineposts are better than yours.

But its already known that Blizzard is ignoring accurate math done by players - and its nothing new that 'their tools' are often enought just wrong.
    I think that can be answered with a simple analysis of source credibility.

Who is more likely to have the most accurate up-to-date information?
    a) The developers who created the underlying math behind the game, have it on access at all times and are the ones who update and change it first? or
    b) The players who only see the end result of the math and have to do best estimates/reverse engineering based on numbers from talent calculators, dummies, talent trees and numerous tests?

I'm more inclined to believe the Devs have a great deal deeper an understanding of the underlying math and numbers behind their own creation than players who have to reverse engineer it to only come up with best estimates

As I recall it's very rare for the ACTUAL equations to be out there. If I remember correctly it wasn't until maybe last month or so that the official equation for the way Armor Penetration worked was released by a blue post. I think that the player base puts a great deal more faith in the fancy theory-crafter spreadsheets than they really should...so much so that they seem to regard the sheets as a more accurate representation of the game than the [i]game itself[i]

Quote Originally Posted by Vy
    Poor Pinch
    went to tricks a guardian to Xav and I guess I auto-swung it before I got tricks up

Quote Originally Posted by Antiqueth
    Lawdy lawd, Mr. Chicken. I think it was a Story comic this time!
    Ah ok, in that case it just sucked then. ^^

And it's Miss Chicken... if you're nasty.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    Also, was it just me, or was DLC not funny this time?
    Must be just you, I thought it was the same quality it always is: absolutely terrible, lame, unfunny, badly-drawn, and generally a waste of bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    Ah ok, in that case it just sucked then. ^^

And it's Miss Chicken... if you're nasty.
    Alright, MISS Chicken.

Hrm, I don't know why my brain mixed up DLC and The Gladiators.

No, DLC wasn't funny.

TG was the story one

I'm sleepy.
    right wel i can insurance u i dnt hav down syndrome so u can stop sayin stupid stuff lyk that
    --Hennrehh

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik
    Crying is easier than trying.
    Just remember, folks. If you use Armory to look up my character, just to make your e-peen larger, it just makes my points more valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Yepp
    Really, whenever you see GC making posts about PVP it is clear that he has no clue at all. That´s probably the reason the game is so horribly unbalanced. He should try playing it and maybe he would understand. Then again he would probably play a DK or Retlol and think he got high ratings because he was skilled and not understand the problem.
    Yeah cuz clearly every other class in the game is so hard to play in arena....unless you're talking about BGs where ppl run around in level 80 greens and pve gear and get 4 shot by dks and ret paladins that unload all their cooldowns at once onto someone and auto-crits basically....altho rogues/mages/hunters/warriors do the same....so.....yummy. Retlol is actually teh suckzorz in arena atm, in 2s we are totally useless with a healer, it's like "k, what we have to do to win, is to make the other healer go OOM, over the period of this arena match, then when he has no mana, I kill his ass. OH SHIT IT'S A HOLY PALLY, FUCK ME, HE'LL NEVER GO OOM!" Then we lose automatically, but I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiqueth
    Alright, MISS Chicken.

Hrm, I don't know why my brain mixed up DLC and The Gladiators.

No, DLC wasn't funny.

TG was the story one

I'm sleepy.
    Ah yeah, I read TG once, thought that it was laaaame and never read it again.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Quote Originally Posted by Trajer
    http://premoguild.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3493

That's a link for Orbituary.

And we only have one hunter because we recently had an app that didn't work out and another hunter quit. Kyridel is our only hunter atm.
    TY mucho for this

Yes, yes... Rogue making 18k dps on aoe packs is nothing to worry about when all the mages can barely do 5k on the same mobs Its all ok, working as intended.
    If there is missing buff in the raid, no priest or/and no shaman (no totems), no boomkin mages are basicly screwed. This is Blizzards: bring a player not a class... This recently happened on our "for fun" Naxx - 20 ppl.
    Mages didn't even get to top 7 dps or dd.
    And no we do not suck with raid buffs. Rogue - mage dps is completely unbalanced on most of the encounters...

Just looking at the DPS will never be enough to tell you if the class is OP or on the same lvl as other classes, in fights like Malygos (Phase 1mainly), Ranged dds can do heaps more dmg and how do you think it is fair for melees to do the same dps on patchwerk, which is ideal for melees, and do less (dmg, not dps) on fights where the encounter is out of range at certain points of the fight?

In most games and in most cases I'd agree. However, specifically with Paladins it's a bit touchy. Here's a clip from a Blizzcon prior to GC and the current team, and it really does explain why the older Paladin community is very very suspicious about anything the devs do to Paladins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VHG6reVb6s

I'll para-quote "how the class evolved into something beyond our control". Yup, that's that time's lead developer standing up there saying that a class inside the game evolved in a direction they couldn't control. (I mean, it was physically impossible for them to remove the healing spells if they didn't want the class main healing... right?)

That said, the current dev team is a lot better. Hell, they made and continually make an effort to fix the Paladins so that they both function properly and are fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Vazor
    Yeah cuz clearly every other class in the game is so hard to play in arena....unless you're talking about BGs where ppl run around in level 80 greens and pve gear and get 4 shot by dks and ret paladins that unload all their cooldowns at once onto someone and auto-crits basically....altho rogues/mages/hunters/warriors do the same....so.....yummy. Retlol is actually teh suckzorz in arena atm, in 2s we are totally useless with a healer, it's like "k, what we have to do to win, is to make the other healer go OOM, over the period of this arena match, then when he has no mana, I kill his ass. OH SHIT IT'S A HOLY PALLY, FUCK ME, HE'LL NEVER GO OOM!" Then we lose automatically, but I rest my case.
    They are much harder to play then DK and Retlol yes. You have infinite mana, you have no micromanagment, you have no cc chains to worry about. All you do is stick on one target. And to be a skilled Retlol you make a macro that casts cleanse on your healer. And in 3vs3 you can play cleave with a warrior or DK and faceroll all you want.
    My whineposts are better than yours.

Deleted

anybody knows what the addon is that shows to what people died?

"If the talent improves your dps by 25% and then the 10% penalty lowers than benefit by 15% (including rage loss) then it's still giving you a 10% dps boost, which is about ten times higher than we shoot for with one talent point."

Since TG is a 51 point talent, GC is basically saying that for a 51 point talent, it should only increase your dps by one percent.

Does this guy even play his own game?

Quote Originally Posted by Axisofjustice
    Since TG is a 51 point talent, GC is basically saying that for a 51 point talent, it should only increase your dps by one percent. Does this guy even play his own game?
    Yeah that was pretty disingenuous. 1% dps for 1 talent point is the sort of mark they aim for with regular talents, not the 11/21/31/41/51 point "uber" talents.