50/00/21 dps problems

hey im having problems getting my dps up as blood 50/00/21

i'm only at like 1.6k

where as my duel spec is frost for 2.7k

currently i have glyph of dark death, unholy blight, and death strike

my rotation is PS>IT>DS>HS>HS>UB
    DS>HS>HS>DS>DC

my rotation i believe is the problem but idk how to fix it

should i take the 2 pts in my talent spec off ravenous dead for the 6 secs to disease?

here is my gear and stuff
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...erwind&n=Nangz

yes i realize that is a pvp chest but i'm working on new ones it pwns though

also i realize that my head gem is a stam gem i'm changing that just broke atm
    i had that since b4 the pre nerf to that head

Re: 50/00/21 dps problems

Well you already said that you have to re gem some things and that is a good start. Expertise will help you out alot as well. I noticed that you have unholy blight instead of Dancing Rune Weapon. Just wondering why. I'll link my armory and tell me what you think of my spec.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...heroc&n=Vikoon

My Rotation is generally: IT,PS,HS,HS,HS,DS until my runic power is full then I Death Coil. Tons of HS's followed by another DS and rinse and repeat.

i like the spec but drw for me isn't enough consistant dps it has good uses for cooldown blowing

but i have found on other dk's they can pull massive dps with this spec

in 25 OS on sarth a dk pulled 3.8k dps with gear just a bit better then mine
    i was at like 3k in frost

he had the spec i hear it's good but idk

Imo ur build is your problem DRW > UB
    UB isn't so good on single target and blood will never be good in aoe dps and with UB either. Blood dps is about physic dmg and DRW + hysteria. New DRW glyph is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Armiq
    Blood dps is about physic dmg and DRW + hysteria. New DRW glyph is cool.
    I couldn't agree more. I wish I could see my dps when I have full runic power and pop DRW + Hysteria + Haste Pot. Just for the duration. I normally come out of an OS run around 4500dps for Overall damage. I can't wait till I replace Black Ice to really see my damage soar.

lol so yall say that the difference of 800 or so dps is cuz i didn't take a spell with a 1.5 min cooldown?

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    lol so yall say that the difference of 800 or so dps is cuz i didn't take a spell with a 1.5 min cooldown?
    No the difference is that your gems suck if you wanna get snarky about it. That and how can you expect to do high end dps with PvP gear?

Unholy Blight straight up sucks in my opinion for Blood DPS build.

Im using this very spec myself
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...song&n=Brising

Im not insane geared, but i usually pull off around 4k-5k dps on single target bosses in ulduar25.

I havent really done the math - prolly some other geek that has proven and reproven what best in this situation.

However, the tedious rotation with DRW was annoying - to me.
    Dumping all your runic power in a dps frenzy - and oh shit all your runes are on cd.. and no rp.. eg.. you auto attack for x-> 10sec ..yawn.
    It felt like a waste of dps - and also since youre dumping your runic power so very often - your deathstrikes WILL be lower hits than by taking a fairly simpler 50/0/21 spec.

(this is where you reply - L2manage rune cooldowns nub - whatever)

What is my rotation then? - same ol' same ol' blood rotation ofc.. however - with glyphed blight i just need to refresh it every 30sec.
    And it ticks for roughly 130 pr sec.

Whenever all my runes are on cd, i simply have the luxury of either refreshing my blight and/or dumping death coils - this usually means that i can hold up a easier flow of dps.

Im not gonna theorise about it, DRW spec IS more dps - theres not much to it, even when i was running with DRW. Especially since most fights in ulduar is made for burst / blowing cooldowns.

However is the 50/0/21 viable? - yes, and its a far more relaxing way to play.

And it pretty much just comes down to you doing what you want to do. And if youre doing well - then gj.

Why not just, you know.. Stay in your frost spec...

Your rotation is the major problem.

It's XXX

And there's nothing wrong with using UB atm, it's more dps consistently while DRW is more burst.

Edit: Ok… after reading that last post I regret helping now. So, I shall delete my suggestion, go read up what a dk is and should be pls. >.>

ok so i did some more tests
    on 3 test dummies non boss i got 3.2k dps as this spec

and as frost only 2.8k

blood single target was at 2.2k

and frost single target was 2.6k

which i find interesting but considering how hard heart strike hits and on 2 ppl i understand a bit

so blood is gonna be my aoe/survival old world raid bosses soloing spec
    frost is my boss spec

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpook
    rofl u fail with DRW specc :-X
    I never had problem with runes all on cooldown. I have problem with dump all runic power while runes are on cooldown ;D A key is correct rotation and spec [runic power mastery] and pre-patch that was so iiiiz mod with T7 bonus

well well, first, need add up some hit ratings, like 30 or more, and then put DRW back, and then your rotation has a disease issue, I'm a afraid you are not refresh your disease when you hit your stike.

anyway, the Frost should be more capable to you

yea i'm working on hit raiting but

it does have better aoe then my frost considering

talents only

UB and Heartstrike

frost only howling blast

they both have diseases+pest+blood boil
    plus death and decay

but yea my dps is good now and drw sux cuz with blood ur forced to pop big cooldowns all at once and even with the shorter cooldown it doesn't make it better then the consistant aoe damage as UB for dps reasons

try changing your second part of your rotation to only have one DC and 4 HS instead of 2 and 2

talents only

UB and Heartstrike

frost only howling blast

plus death and decay

but yea my dps is good now and drw sux cuz with blood ur forced to pop big cooldowns all at once and even with the shorter cooldown it doesn't make it better then the consistant aoe damage as UB for dps reasons

<sigh>.....you really don't know wtf you're talking about do you?

And whats the point in coming here asking for help if you're just going to tell everyone else they don't know what they're talking about when they try and help you?

talents only

UB and Heartstrike

frost only howling blast

plus death and decay

What??? Yeah DRW is really bad, rofl. UB is liek so awesome when ur rockin trash dps.

Seriously though, like the poster above said, if you want advice ask for it, dont argue with people when you clearly have no experience.

Here is the WWS from our XT kill last night (custom split b/c WWS is stupid about breaking up the XT fight for some reason)
    http://wowwebstats.com/5azrig3hwfes3?s=155384-189122&m
    My DRW did 3200 dps, accounting for almost 10% of my damage.

Typically DRW is roughly a 5% DPS, much more then UB, unless your doing trash, and whoop di do trash.

Also your rotation is completely wrong. Something like IT-PS-HS-HS-DS Dump DS-HS-HS... is much, much better.

i'm not trying to contradict u guys but i want UB NOT DRW for a reason

i do'nt like having a cooldown that i have to save all runic power for and spend 2 talents into frost so it can last longer

i don't want this to be my main spec but as even an offspec i want it to be closer to my main's dps as possible

2.2k vs 2.6k is close like i wanted and i got that from advice yall gave thanks for that (rotation mainly)

and i found out i can do better aoe as blood 3.2k vs 2.8k as frost

so an aoe spec (which when back before patch 3.1 when blizzard said that they would make UB a 21 pt talent and leave Howling blast where it is i was gonna make an aoe spec something like 00/31/40 for pure aoe
    but they did a double swap with hungering cold and howling blast (UB and gargoyle ) aswell

so i'm happy but for yall to just keep saying DRW is better doesn't help me

i dont' want it i tried DRW spec i prefer a constant rotation that does high dps

and before u say "well with a constant rotation u can'ta pop big cooldowns"

hysteria,ERW,trinket, AOTD take ur pick

and to last poster i don't care about ur drw dps

i've seen it before i've also seen 50/00/21 do better dps so don't bother me

if you like your spec i would suggest replacing glyph of UB with glyph of PS
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

actually i tried that one

glyph of UB allows my rotation to be smooother instead of interupting it for reapplying UB

PS hits harder that way

but UB would run out like 6 secs before i should dump