Hidden arena rating

Does anyone know if blizzard completely removed hidden arena rating from arenas? As in all the determines where a team should be is matchmaking value? Because basically my teammate and i are experiencing some strange events. We will play a team that is matchmaking value of 1550 (we're at 1700) and if we lose we lose 15 or so points, but if we beat them we'll get 5. Now i was under the impression if you lost to a team far lower than yours you don't lose many points. Now if we play a team that is at 1700 matchmaking value (ie an even match) we win and we get 10-12 points we lose we lose 15 points.

Is this right?

PS. we are going to be making a fresh team starting again seeing as we both joined a premade team that started at 1700ish.
    PSS. our personal ratings are around the same as team at this point.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Hidden arena rating

something weird there is cause i played last season as DK in 3on3 up to 2k ratings and now when we put up a new team with only alts without earlier experience, we're immeadiately getting 1.6-1.9k MMR teams and our MMR was like 1.7k even we won 2 matches and lost like 10

Hidden rating is the same thing as Matchmaking rating. MMR is Blizz's name for the hidden rating.

Quote Originally Posted by wattsie15
    Now i was under the impression if you lost to a team far lower than yours you don't lose many points.
    you are wrong.

If you loose to a team far lower than you, you will loose alot of points.
    If you win to a team far lower than you, you will get almost no points.

If you loose to a team far higher than you, you will loose almost no points.
    If you win to a team far higher than you, you will get alot of points.

seems to make sense doesn't it?
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

Quote Originally Posted by qae
    you are wrong.

If you loose to a team far lower than you, you will loose alot of points.
    If you win to a team far lower than you, you will get almost no points.

If you loose to a team far higher than you, you will loose almost no points.
    If you win to a team far higher than you, you will get alot of points.

seems to make sense doesn't it?
    Yeah i think your right thanks. The last couple of games we've played we seem to be getting the correct points, i think it was just that our personal rating wasn't where the team was at as to why we were getting strange points.

ok im really pissed off atm. This is the new scenario that we just encountered: basically 75% of the games we play are against teams 100 MMR below us. Now if we lose to these teams we lose around 15 points, if we beat them we gain about 5. Now this seemed fair to me because the game is telling us we should beat these teams (which most of the time we do) but basically one loss results in a loss of points even tho we beat them 3 times prior to the loss.

Does this seem right to anyone? Because it doesnt to me AND we have played against a team that had a MMR 100 points HIGHER than us and they lost 2 points to us when we won so im not sure how that works.

my new 3v3(3rd week playing arena 1160 rating) we lost around 15ish points to a team with a rating much higher than ours and they got 47 pts.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

you should not forget that your actual team rating also goes into the eqation. if your MMR is at, say, 2k but you have started a new team and your team rating is at 0, you will still win a lot of points every game, even against scrubs.
    if on the other hand, you had a lucky winning streak and/or invited a relatively new and unexperienced member, your team rating will very likely be above your MMR and thus, you will lose a lot of points even against teams weaker than you.
    TLDR: Your team rating always converges toward your MMR, so if it is higher than your MMR and you lose, it will drop significantly no matter what the opponents' MMR was.
    This user has been banned.