Would this balance 2v2?or arenas

i think this would help a lil til a better fix is found (if ever)
    i would separate the 2v2 into.
    grp a: Heals and dps-you will only fight other teams with a healer in them.
    GRp B: dual dps- you will only fight teams that are 2 dps no healers.
    (hybrids healing spells will be disabled,can still heal from moves that provide slight healing like 2nd wind,holy storm,health stones,evocate glyph,etc)
    There problem semi-fixed now that
    GRP A: has to deal with only grps on the same level as them they can pillar hug all they want.while the the 2 rogues run for 30mins trying 2 find each other.

GRP B: casters would probably favor this 1 since there are no healers to worry about and right now squishy as we are we stand a chance against a melee with no healer.

Another thing i would bring back the BG rank system(add new names not the old titles)
    i know blizz says it was a grind system but it took time to get high ranks.i would make it so each rank would allow you to buy 1 piece of the current furious offsets like neck,ring,cloak etc no matter what your arena rating is.the top 3 ranks would allow a discount of the first 3 furious set pieces(gloves,legs,body)max reduction would be 100points. The rest like shoulders,head,weapons stay the same.

I know plenty of ppl are gonna complain about giving away free epic gear.but
    If a brand new 80 decieds that he wants to play arena right now.hes gonna have 2 start in blue crafted gear with 1 or 2 pieces of hateful if he saved hes honor.god forbid he roll the class he wanted to play and not the choise of the season.lets say he rolled a caster (not a druid or disc priest) chances are hes gonna be stuck in the 500-1000 for ages cause ppl in full hateful,dealy,even PVE gear will roll him.

This is a way to make climbing the ladder easyer. and the hard core high rating guys still keep the cool swords and full sets.sounds like a way to help wack players get gear by a free grind .but a wack player stays bad no matter what gear you give them this will help players that are good not be limited cause they started the arena climb late.

Re: Would this balance 2v2?or arenas

This wouldn't solve anything, many double dps teams live off certain healer/dps teams and to split the 2v2 bracket into these groups would only bring out new other fotmcomps.

Better gear won't make you better at PvP.
    Rogue|Lock|Shaman|Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Wartide
    Better gear won't make you better at PvP.
    That doesn't make any sense in response to the post you quoted lol but I do agree that giving away free gear is a HORRIBLE idea.

Splitting up the 2v2 bracket wouldn't solve anything. I run Warlock/Rogue and healer teams are easier for us (for the most part). Dual casters is harder but manageable when compared to dual melee.

People that have been complaining (and rightly so IMO) about 2v2 being imba are doing so because of dual melee teams. Most melee have ways to become immune to specific or nearly all CC mechanics which casters rely on more so than melee (save perhaps Rogues).

As such they just deal massive amounts of damage while being immune to CC. And for the record NO I'm not saying dual melee is too bursty. My Rogue and I (Destruction Warlock) do sick burst but we're also susceptible to CC where as a Warrior and DK team (for example) is pretty much unstoppable for a good 10sec which is all it takes to kill either myself or my partner.

I'm not picking on those two classes or that comp in particular but rather just throwing out a setup that illustrates my point. Ret Paladins don't even stop to heal when they see it's two dps coming at them and they have a DK partner. Oh and the worst is a Rogue teamed with a Warrior (IMO).

I don't have a suggestion to fix 2v2 right now but I do know casters are in a rough spot. You can only change melee so much before you gimp them in the higher brackets so I can appreciate Blizzard's dilemma but... this is their job so hopefully they can come up with a solution somewhat soon. =D