Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Enhancement] Boot enchant

Hello there,

With more and more ulduar upgrades I find myself in quite different position comparing to naxx times- I'm slightly overcapped with both hit and expertise, no gems or enchants to replace, there I remembered icewalker- stat wise it really gives the highest for any dpser I guess, but after spell hit cap reached- "hit" part on icewalker loses quite a bit of its value, so now remembering [item=28279] and tbc movement speed increase benifits (there was a whole post in EJ calculating it) im doubting, should I get cat's swiftness? + for most of Naxx fights you wouldn't have to move that much or even better- had luxury of unholy aura (pre 3.1), where in ulduar you get to move way more while fighting.
    There are options like 32ap,16agi boot enchants- but i think icewalker is still more valuable statwise, there is 15stam minor speed increase enchant also- but dps wise 6agi>15stam.

The reason im digging is that its not mentioned in FAQ(or I'm so tired not to notice it couple of mins ago while reading it for like 10th time), so would it be right to claim that [item=28279] best high end raiding enchant for us there is?

Re: [Enhancement] Boot enchant

Enchant Boots - Tuskarr's Vitality is the best enchant for boots.

First to say: I am not a Enhancement-Shami, not even a melee-dd, but Soulflare why do you state Tuskarr's Vitality as best enchant for boots?
    If the speed increase on both enchants (Tuskarr's Vitality and Cat's Swiftness) is the same - it is 100% sure that Cat's Swiftness must be the choice. 6 Agi is a joke, but does at least a little bit to dps in contrast to stamina.

Cat's swiftness is the _best_ enchant in terms of pure DPS however I'd still go with Tuskarr's vitality, we need all the help we can get when it comes to inflating our HP pool and 15 stamina is a much nicer tradeoff for 6 agi than some other options.

You seem to be thinking that once you have capped hit, thats it. The more hit you have, the better your white damage. An extra 15 hit is worth more then a paltry 6 agility.

First of all, its 12 hit \ 12 crit.

And yes cat's swiftness will provide you the biggest dps in ulduar, cause of the constant moving, Hodir, Freya & Mimiron being 3 fine examples.

However, Tuskarr's vit. will serve you better with encounters with high raid damage, again
    Hodir, Freya & Mimiron being 3 fine examples.

Cause, a dead dps'er ain't in all fairness doing an awful lot of dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShitShyShoes View Post
    LFR is breeding a new generation of talentless, mindless one-shot-kill-or-go-home raiders.

Yes, if you have noticed, shamans have like the lowest base health out of all the classes in WoW. Undoubtedly the best boot enchant MUST have run speed as there is a huge amount of movement in Ulduar boss fights and DK's are no longer able to provide the movement speed aura. Therefore it comes down to Tuskarr's Vitality vs Cat's Swiftness and I would select 15 stam over 6 agil.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Last night while doing Hodir hardmode I got that frost nova thing and then shit dropped on me from the ceiling while I couldnt move. I died with 138 Overkill.

I wish I had Tuskars Vitality in my boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulflare
    Enchant Boots - Tuskarr's Vitality is the best enchant for boots.
    I second this. That HP boost is a god send especially considering how low our HP actually is and hard modes only exacerbate the situation.

It really doesn't matter. 150HP and 6AP/.003%crit are so small its unlikely either is going to provide a worthwhile difference. The run speed is the important part of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin
    It really doesn't matter. 150HP and 6AP/.003%crit are so small its unlikely either is going to provide a worthwhile difference. The run speed is the important part of the deal.
    This. For me Tuskarr is better because I have that enchant on my enchanting alt and I don't have Cat's Swiftness. 6 agl is really just a socket bonus.

For me the choice is, do I need the xtra hit from Icewalker? If yes, then Icewalker. If no then Tuskarr.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn
    Last night while doing Hodir hardmode I got that frost nova thing and then shit dropped on me from the ceiling while I couldnt move. I died with 138 Overkill.

I like your sig, why can't the Tier skin's look that cool =/ ?

To answer the OP's question, I have Cat's Swiftness on my boots. I think for hard modes, the extra HP might be better, but Run speed definetly trumps all other types of boot enchants simply because of all the movement that occurs in Ulduar. Hit and crit both lose their appeal after you pass their respective caps.

6 Agility might not be alot, but after all...the difference between Tier 8 and 8.5 is only +6 agil, int, ap ect. The difference between a green quality gem and a blue quality gem is only 8 Attack power. They are all small gains, but they add up.

The run speed increase is the same for cat's and Tuskars. I am trying to max my dps so I consider Cat's swiftness better and I don't find my self needing 15 stam to stay alive.

That, my friend, is the most ironious bad luck I've seen so far.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44469

+32ap... What I use. Imo I won't use a speed enchant, it's only minor, and the encounters are made as you can walk away with normal speed, even if you wait 2 sec, sometimes. So I choose +32ap for more dps, so what if i can move out faster and dps the 1-2 sec longer, the +32ap gives more dps in the end.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

What are your spriests doing?

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

nitro boosts ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44469

+32ap... What I use. Imo I won't use a speed enchant, it's only minor, and the encounters are made as you can walk away with normal speed, even if you wait 2 sec, sometimes. So I choose +32ap for more dps, so what if i can move out faster and dps the 1-2 sec longer, the +32ap gives more dps in the end.
    According to EJ and the math associated with these enchants (which is correct), if you spend more than 4 seconds running toward something in any encounter then minor run speed is the superior enchant.

So for Ulduar, it is run speed by a lot.

IIRC, it's 4 seconds over the course of a FIVE MINUTE encounter.

There is no possible way you spend even as little as one second per minute of an encounter running around (instead of sitting on the boss doing dps). I'm sorry, fights in Ulduar do not work that way.

Run Speed is the best possible enchant you can get, if you don't need the hit on Icewalker. For Razorscale, XT, and Freya, Improved Ghost Wolf (talent) can also be very handy, for much the same reason. Especially on XT, faster movespeed means less raid damage (from light bombs) and more DPS from you (faster return after light bombs).
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trellen/simple (Enhancement PvE)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/alamo/simple (Boomkin/Guardian, PvE)

No, I'm not the real Alamo, just a guy who liked his work.

I couldn't tell you whats on my boots atm (most likely icewalker?) but ive got a little trick that gets around this whole "run speed issue in fights" :P

Even though blizzard nerf drums (along with other nice buffs) 1 drum still remains for 80's (intentional or not) Drums of speed are still useable grating that extra 15% run speed (stacks with spirit wolf sprint (amazing run speed (75% woot))) yes it has a decent cool down but its cheap, last 30 seconds, and more then likely... (maybe im not 1337 enough) but 4 seconds has only mattered maybe once or twice on a 1% health wipe?

Aside from that +32 atp is probably best imo (behind my play style) btw (I LIKE TO USE THESE THINGS (_)()()()()(()()))

O, and a nifty trick (for awsome dps) get with your fellow shamans and time your heroisms for your ghost wolf (depending on the fight of course)
    a few fights ive been apart of my wolfs are up (another shaman uses BL/Hero) they get the buff. 5 mins later i pop mine (along with wolfs again) i dont gain the buff but they sure as hell do :3.

P.s.P.s. Dont tell blizz 0.o