Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: XT-002 10 man hardmode overnerfed.

welcome to lolduar the sequel of lolnaxx!

Quote Originally Posted by unconscious
    Well, i just had to register to say this:

As many of you allraedy mentioned, the U10 hardmodes ar designed for ilvl 200/213/219 gear (And that means, you can use your Naxx25 stuff), but some of you seem to forget, that the U10 harmodes are mostly tuned for a 3-Healer/5-DD- setup with only a few 219 items. The most of you have full Naxx25 gear, which is =/= some 30-40% 219's (Which you may get after 1-2 Ulduar clears) and run through it witch 2 healers.

P.S. I know my english is bad (I´m german)
    I am not going to look up the general ilevel of Naxx/EoE/Sarth10 gear but you are incorrect. Ulduar10 and its hard modes where designed for people in Naxx/EoE/Sarth/Ulduar10 gear. XT002 being the first hard mode gear check does not require you to be in full Ulduar10 gear. That means if you walk in to Ulduar10 in Naxx/EoE/Sarth25 gear with a few pieces of Ulduar10 gear; you do in fact over gear the fight. Blizzard themselves have stated that 10m and 25m are separate paths. That means they do not balance 10m hard mode while wearing Naxx/EoE/Sarth25 gear; they do so with Naxx/EoE/Sarth/Ulduar10 gear on and for later hard modes probably more Ulduar10 gear than Naxx/EoE/Sarth10 gear.

No, your English isn't bad. Its pretty good compared to some of the people here.

Quote Originally Posted by Florentzia
    IMO 10 man is a bit over nerfed

Well with 10 man gear from Naxx/Kel/Maly it's hard, but hardmode is NOT designed for this itemlvl.
    You don't say hey lets kill XT on 25 man with 25 man Naxx loot, don't you?

Mostly you will clear Ulduar 1 to 2 times and then do the hardmodes (if your raid wear 200 ilvl only)

And at this moment it's not easy, but its not really a hardmode anymore. Or say it's an easy hardmode.
    You're supposed to do the hardmodes in the 219ilvl gear that you farmed from 10Uld and is tuned to that effect.

Now it's so easy that people can faceroll through it and several of the other 'hardmodes' while undergeared in pre-Uld gear.

CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

Deleted

I dont buy the "its supposed to be doable in naxx10 gear" thats just ridiculous.
    That may be true for normal mode but i think its safe to assume that anyone who attempts to do it hardmode will have atleast most stuff from normal ulduar 10 and some 25 man gear. Hardmodes are OPTIONAL. So if your gear sucks, do normal mode untill you have full t8 gear and then try to hardmodes.

If you think for a second hardmodes are tuned for grimps in naxx10 gear id like to see you try doing firefighter. If hardmodes are to hard, just do it the normal way. WHATS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT?
    Leave the challanges as they are for those of us that appreciate them.

Quote Originally Posted by broods
    I dont buy the "its supposed to be doable in naxx10 gear" thats just ridiculous.
    Ten man hard modes are not meant to be completed by people geared in i200 gear, no. Given how the loot works out it is pretty clearly meant to be completed by people rocking an avg ilvl of 213-2109, as the hardmodes will remain an upgrade for them. I suppose you could post on the official forums but they are wary of explaining direct encounter design since people get upset and write retarded nonsense at ghostcrawler over anything like that. So take it with a grain of salt I s'pose.

That being said I'm not sure why you people think this was nerfed over complaints from casuals. It wasn't. Few people had even tried hm XT by the time it was nerfed. The encounter's original tuning was due to a bug, and I guess they fixed the bug and nerfed it at the same time. So here we are. Probably miscommunication between the two teams.

Quazal

I thought this fight was perfectly tuned for a 10 man hardmode. Now its just easymode weaksauce. I can understand nerfing Flameleviathan and mimiron hardmode but xt??
    We have done this fight on Hardmode.
    It's not really an *Hardmode-Option* i think..
    It's just tanking him with the back to the stairs.
    Raid in the back of the boss.
    When hardmode is activated, you just need to watch to get someone the skull above his/her head.
    The pummelers will be tanked by the maintanks and DPS must nuke them down.
    If you're getting an Skull, you run to the left and spread out the black holes.
    If you're getting an Cross, you run to the right and run as fast as possible, try use movement speed spells / potions, as the Light Spark can do very good damage. (Druid - Travel Form, Shaman Ghost Wolf, Rogue - Sprint and others who don't have Movement Spells, just buy a Swiftness Potion, as you know you are going for Hardmode.)

I hope this small explanation is usefull.

Else, Thanks for reading,
    Best Regards,
    Quazal

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Quazal
    We have done this fight on Hardmode.
    It's not really an *Hardmode-Option* i think..
    It's just tanking him with the back to the stairs.
    Raid in the back of the boss.
    When hardmode is activated, you just need to watch to get someone the skull above his/her head.
    The pummelers will be tanked by the maintanks and DPS must nuke them down.
    If you're getting an Skull, you run to the left and spread out the black holes.
    If you're getting an Cross, you run to the right and run as fast as possible, try use movement speed spells / potions, as the Light Spark can do very good damage. (Druid - Travel Form, Shaman Ghost Wolf, Rogue - Sprint and others who don't have Movement Spells, just buy a Swiftness Potion, as you know you are going for Hardmode.)

I hope this small explanation is usefull.

Else, Thanks for reading,
    Best Regards,
    Quazal
    Thank you but i am aware of how this fight works.
    We killed it before the nerf in 10 man on hardmode. Now after the nerf the fight is a real joke. In 25 man its still a challange though.

I thought this fight was perfectly tuned for a 10 man hardmode. Now its just easymode weaksauce. I can understand nerfing Flameleviathan and mimiron hardmode but xt??
    throughout the last eight pages you have gotten alot of opinions either agreeing or disagreeing. there has been alot of summarising about yes it has and no it has'nt and accusations and assumations without any direct quotes from blizz as to why its been nerfed (other than a nice little passage about it being a bug). there has also been a post about the amt of dps needed for heartbreaker and while this has all been incredibly interesting to read most of the garbage is about its easy for me so it must be easy for everyone. i would imagine (here goes my assumptions) that most ppl havent tried it and 10 man guilds who run 10 man ulduar are finding it just about right maybe a little easy if they have pugged a few pieces out of 25man naxx and so on. i would also guess its balanced almost right for them as 10 man hard modes for ten man guilds with the majority of ten man gear should be a reasonable challenge for them. the loot from ten man hard mode xt would make it obviously attractive to everyone so you can see why ppl are trying to do it. after all thats be said and done if its easy for you great you get some loot which no doubt youll de cos you can use the crystals if its not easy youll get it done soon hopefully. if you find it too easy let someone else run it after all they may need the gear (that sword and the gun are very nice ).

in answer to why its nerfed the fight in hard mode is for ten man guilds to try since ( and heres the kicker ) they aren't likely to try it on 25man are they. thus its balanced for them. i would suggest they would be able to do it cos of naxx being pugged very easily.finally in referrence to a few questions firstly the "light sparks" have 50k health ( well they did when it was floating towards me). the german dude your english is really good, some of the spelling in this topic was truly awful and to the dude that complained about how ppl complain seriously does two negatives make a positive, do two wrongs make a left who knows. i am sure though it didn't need to take that much ranting and raving to get your point across.

just incidently alot of ppl did say that it had been balanced for ten man grps and yes i am sure they would have some 25man loot on them. to them i say well done the fact that it took so many of you to say that shows that some ppl aren't really worried about what others are saying.