Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: How do you handle Runed Orbs?

We collect and store them in the guild bank. Whenever there are 6 or more orbs we take a sixpack out. This sixpack will be available for auction (DKP) on our next raid. Highest bidder wins.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

DKP - system, the one with most dkp at the end of the week (tuesday usually) gets 6orbs, 10dkp piece.

Is it bad that I've run Ulduar 10 and 25 about 3 times each and have yet to even see an orb drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerendfs
    Is it bad that I've run Ulduar 10 and 25 about 3 times each and have yet to even see an orb drop?
    They don't drop on 10 man unless doing a hard mode, that would affect that drop rate if you weren't already taking that into consideration. I have no idea about the 25 man drop rates, however.

After we aquire the orbs we council them out to those that request them and track the finished product on their loot list. Based off of guild rank, loot received, etc. (Though we decided to give the first ones to those that were given the pattern). Seems to go over well...we keep a up to date list on the server forum of people with different patterns (even some cross faction crafting has been done).

when ulduar first was released, there were few people prepared with mats, so it was kind of a first come, first serve basis wiht whoever had and their mats ready. Now that we have multiple people ready, it goes to loot council to decide.
    Wow account disabled, waiting for D3!

We provide half the orbs required for an item if they have all the other mats ready.

In the guild i was in which ironicly disbanded over runed orbs we used loot council and sold them to our core raiders if they had 1800g for the orbs + mats / crafter but some members found it unfair

15+ Year Old Account

We use DKP (since the item's pattern/plans w/e and the orbs drop in raid why should we have to pay gold for them :P) if you buy less than six of them its 5 DKP each otherwise its 26 DKP for six (ilvl - 200 = DKP price)

We give priority to classes/specs in which the crafted items are BiS.

Looking at our available patterns, we have the tank boots (not BiS) and plate healing belt (not BiS). However, we gave 6 runed orbs to a rogue to have his boots, which are in fact BiS, crafted by another guild. Same for the plate tanking belt which I got last night. ;D

We handled the orbs like we do our loot, with loot council. Priority was given to our best raiders and for items that were BiS.

Deleted

Like some others have said before my post, our guild auctions them off in stacks of 6 for a DKP bid.

We use loot council and when they drop we put them in the Gbank and when there are 6 we talk about who deserves it the most for attendance, output, yadda yadda whatnot. Before we started giving out all 6 to people but then they started buying orbs with emblems and selling them, so now were doing you buy 3 orbs with emblems then we give you the other 3. So we handle like its another piece of loot that drops while raiding and we see who deserves it the most.

15+ Year Old Account

/roll 1-10
    move on with our lives

When we gather 6 together we bid on them under our Armor points ( 0.5 armor and non armor points per 30 mins of raiding ) the bidder must have the other mats and know someone who can craft the item so they will have it for the next raid
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

We use dkp - 10 dkp per 1 - and have a list made for people who want them for crafting. Other mats they have to get themselves though. Is fair enough, and people can buy their own with badges or gold if they want to save some dkp or whatever.

We give out a set of orbs for a certain item,then take DKP for that item

We handle them with extreme caution! :O

Mainly because we haven't got one yet, due to the lack of Ulduar in our guild, may just be me though :-\

Auction System.

IE: Auction:We currently have 2 Items worth of orbs. Price for 6 = 380DKP (price established for Ulduar Craftables)

Players state their Current DKP.

Player A: Bid 120DKP
    Player B: Bid 50DKP
    Player C: Bid -200DKP

Auctioner: Player A and B win. Orbs sent.

15+ Year Old Account

Requests are made to gbank via guild forum when you a) have all the other mats, and b) have found some crafter that confirmed he will make the item.
    Then the requests are discusses by officers who assign orbs basing on the raider's performance/attendance. Once the craft is done, the raider pays a fixed amount of Points as if he had looted an item. But the point system itself has nothing do to with the assignation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.