Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    @Boil. The spreadsheet won't recommend nightmare tears and just assumes you have your meta activated. It leaves it up to you to find the optimal place to put it. At current your meta is activated, but you have it in a blue slot that's not getting the socket bonus. If you want to use it best, keep it where it is (which is a fantastic piece to have it in btw) and place a yellow gem in the yellow socket of your chest too. Past that, trust the spreadsheet with recommendations short of expertise. Generally speaking, if you turn on expertise recommendations on the spreadsheet, it will tell you if it's worth gemming or not, but it *wont* stop recommending expertise past the cap, so don't go past 26/26. Mining is a terrible profession for raiding, and replacing it with JC will net you the optimal dps from professions as a rogue. If you keep the evisc only spec, glyph TotT, it's higher raid dps than eviscerate is. Don't listen to the people screaming "GEM ARP OMG". Gem what the spreadsheet recommends to you short of the nightmare tear and the expertise stuff I discussed already.
    Thanks for the straight answers Annoying…!

Funny thing though, if I force the spreadsheet to recommend an Eviscerate Only rotation, it then wants me to replace all my Delicate Cardinal Rubies with Fractured Cardinal Rubies…! Almost as if the spreadsheet is screaming at me "GEM ARP OMG…!!!"

But if I were to stick with a Low Rupture rotation; Nightmare Tear issues aside; I am currently gemmed as the spreadsheet recommends… Seeing as I prefer the (slacker-friendly) Eviscerate Only rotation, I guess I need to get to re-gemming…! Time to grind out some dailies…!

As for Jewelcrafting, I am REALLY close to dumping Mining and starting the long trek to maxing out JC; those JC-only cuts sure do look purdy…!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirthill View Post
    Angstrom.. nothing to add really. Gz on lk-10 hc ;-) I hope you can switch stuff soon for 4-set which will improve dps albeit a bit I reckon even with evis only spec and filling with rupture.

As for mine.. well I am not gonna switch enchanting to engineering. I have been trying to complete it for years and only miss like 5 recipes total so ... no thanks ;-)

But I am looking forward to tips as there always is someone with good ideas which you yourself don't think of straight away.

EU-Kul Tiras - Xirthill

Thanks for the effort,

Cheers
    Nothing to point on. Maybe it's just me not having been combat for too long.
    Anyhow GL on the RS arp trinket ^^ possibly one of the few things you still want to pick up.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...st&cn=Trixzter

@herrkuperse
    Where's your professions mate?
    Professions is an important thing to have when it comes to raiding. It raises your DPS by a couple of hundreds so that'd be the first thing I'd fix if I were you.

Also I'd fix a 3rd small glyph. For example the glyph for fall damage, maybe not something you'll have use for in raids but it's better to have it and don't need it than need it and don't have it
    Last edited by mmoc898f6b28e8; 2010-09-17 at 10:13 AM.

Deleted
    11/10 really badass gear you got there!

Ðaze - Haomarush - EU

6.5/10
    You're gear looks ok overall, but there is some room for improvement.
    Generally just upgrade to heroic pieces and get rid of some expertise (!!)
    +1 point for maxed out professions

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...omath&n=Zoesan
    (I don't have DBW, so DC will have to do for a second trinket )
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Deleted
    9/10
    i'm not big on pvp myself, but that gear looks splendid at least.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rage&cn=Funker

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by juxtapose View Post
    9/10
    i'm not big on pvp myself, but that gear looks splendid at least.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rage&cn=Funker
    I guess theres nothing really to tell you. You've got alot of hit tho, but since you've got alot of hitgear im not gonna complain about it.

9/10

My armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ill&cn=Wwicked

(Got like 5d played and havent got a raidingguild, so that might explain some of the flaws)
    Go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Alright, you first, you're easy. I literally have nothing to complain about. 9.999/10 because you don't have your 10man drake. Heh.

@Boil. The spreadsheet won't recommend nightmare tears and just assumes you have your meta activated. It leaves it up to you to find the optimal place to put it. At current your meta is activated, but you have it in a blue slot that's not getting the socket bonus. If you want to use it best, keep it where it is (which is a fantastic piece to have it in btw) and place a yellow gem in the yellow socket of your chest too. Past that, trust the spreadsheet with recommendations short of expertise. Generally speaking, if you turn on expertise recommendations on the spreadsheet, it will tell you if it's worth gemming or not, but it *wont* stop recommending expertise past the cap, so don't go past 26/26. Mining is a terrible profession for raiding, and replacing it with JC will net you the optimal dps from professions as a rogue. If you keep the evisc only spec, glyph TotT, it's higher raid dps than eviscerate is. Don't listen to the people screaming "GEM ARP OMG". Gem what the spreadsheet recommends to you short of the nightmare tear and the expertise stuff I discussed already.
    Link in sig so not touching your rogue

US - Sen'jin - Bøîl

Got Sack of Wonder (Heroic) last night, now the issue is gemming it…

Following the latest spreadsheet, everything seems fine, until I try inputting the suggested gems; when I do so, the suggestion will change to what was just listed…!

So, anyone have a clue how to correct this…?

Anyone have some solid advice on what to gem for, since the spreadsheet is going wonky on me…?!?

I am leaning towards a heavy Agi gemming, but I guess a heavy ArP would not be bad either…?

HELP…!!!

Coming along nicely, I see that you have the same necklace as I do and cannot be rid of. I could and should buy a Wodin's necklace, but this late in the expansion, I feel that my gold is better served by being saved for the expansion. If I replace it before Cataclysm, it'll be through the agility necklace that drops during the pre Cataclysm elemental invasion events.

But yeah, coming along really nicely.

My Rogue is Stoutspectre - US- Whisperwind

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Stoutspectre

I understand the Wodin's Necklace thingy. I was in the same spot myself but then it dropped.

You could upgrade as Jaraxxas HC offers a nice necklace.

Deleted
    all above me are bad unless they have gladiator title.

Are you just openly trolling now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrelime View Post
    Are you just openly trolling now?
    no i think everybody who doesn't have gladiator is bad, including myself (scrub title... battlemaster /cry)

Gladiators are Sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleed View Post
    all above me are bad unless they have gladiator title.
    I should have just banned him for that!

Now people.... /ontopic

crap, forgot to rate

7/10

that's because of the lack of heroic gear but itemization and gemming is fine
    mewmew squad

9.5/10

Waiting for sindy's claw and sharpened scale i bet. I think you're barely below hit cap even with dreanei buff but I may be mistaken.
    Overall very well geared.

There were no recent rogues to rate above me but i would appreciate some help with my combat rogue dps. I have looked at similar geared rogues on same length fights and i am a good 30% below them in dps and really need some help.

I am a new poster so no direct links but here it is to cut, edit and paste. (baleroc domo kills and rag attempts on normal)

Thank you ahead of time for your merciful kindness.

worldoflogs.com/reports/ejthtmvi7wdpazvo/

Quote Originally Posted by sbtroll View Post
    There were no recent rogues to rate above me but i would appreciate some help with my combat rogue dps. I have looked at similar geared rogues on same length fights and i am a good 30% below them in dps and really need some help.

I am a new poster so no direct links but here it is to cut, edit and paste. (baleroc domo kills and rag attempts on normal)

Thank you ahead of time for your merciful kindness.

worldoflogs.com/reports/ejthtmvi7wdpazvo/
    Already forgot this thread existed! For personal help like this you're allowed to create new threads. Just a little advice considering you're new to the forum Else, welcome here!
    I've taken some time to check your armory/logs and here are a few suggestions.

I think you'd still benefit greatly from just reading the Combat Guide on EJ. With this said, here are the tailored changes for your character/playstyle, as is.

Firstly, gearing/spec/etc:
    Don't gem any kind of gem that doesn't have agility in it (40 agility in red, 20agi/20 haste in yellow and 20 agi/20 hit in blue if the socket bonuses are worth it for the later 2).
    You're extremely high on hit rating due to gemming/reforges and rather low on other stats such as expertise. It's absolutely not needed to go any higher than spell hit cap (17% spell hit) and even this is not neccessary for combat. Expertise cap, however, is neccessary. For optimal reforging (and gearing/gemming), you should use ShadowCraft. This tool (and the web version of it) is for rogues only and a great help. You will notice the "Optimize Gemming" and "Auto-Reforge All" buttons. While they are not always 100% perfect, they are the best solution in 95% of cases for your DPS. Use this tool!
    You should glyph Feint and Tricks of the Trade next to Blade Flurry as your major glyphs. While Feint is optional for some of the fights (and can be changed to Sprint/Gouge, etc), it's a must-have for Ragnaros and other fights with lots of AoE damage. Tricks of the Trade should be used on cooldown on your highest DPS player in the raid. While this will not give you a personal DPS increase, it will help your raid DPS. Also, with the current 4pc bonus and the T13 2pc bonus, tricking on cooldown is a personal DPS increase so you should get used to it.

Now, for the log.
    This is for Baleroc, considering it's the most stand-still fight right now:
    Your Slice & Dice uptime until your death was 86.7%. It should be very close to 100% (97%+). It gives an incredible DPS increase and should really be up at all times.
    You only used Adrenaline Rush once. It's a very strong cooldown and should be used on cooldown. In those 3'ish minutes it should've been used twice.
    Killing Spree could have possibly be used once more as well in that time frame. Use both of them on cooldown in a fight like Baleroc.
    You used rupture a lot. While it may be a DPS increase, it only is under a few circumstances with the most important one being that the "mangle debuff" (+30% bleed damage) is present. In your raid setup it wasn't present so you should skip it alltogether.
    You did not use Revealing Strike. You should always use this spell at 4 combo points (only at 4, not earlier) if you're going to eviscerate/rupture next. If you get to 5 combo points via Sinister Strike glyph, skip it.
    You did not use Potions of Tol'vir. They're a 1200 agility increase for 25 seconds which is pretty huge. You can use 2 of them if you use one right before the fight and one during the fight (preferably while you have Adrenaline Rush up).

For Majordomo:
    Your Slice & Dice uptime was a little higher (90.6%) here and you also used more ARs which is good. However, you have a rather low uptime of Deep Insight and rather low damage of Eviscerates. I'll assume by this that you did switch to the cat adds and therefore lost the insight/finisher damage. You shouldn't do that. If Majordomo is jumping far away, switch to the attacks but with auto-attacks only so that you're not losing the insight/combo points and then switch back to Majordomo with Blade Flurry on as soon as he's in range again. If you have no insight or have redirect ready, you can DPS the adds with special abilities but this shouldn't happen often.

I didn't evaluate Ragnaros for now as I'm running out of time but the same stuff applies. Keep your S'n'D up all the time, use your cooldowns on cooldown (including your trinket!), use Revealing Strike, skip Rupture if you don't have the +30% damage bleed buff available, use potions.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Ashvael; 2011-10-07 at 03:18 AM.

Deleted
    ashvael i think you saved your place in heaven