Rawr: Relative gem value question

Are these constant or are they calculated based on your stats? I'm curious because EnhSim is telling me Crit > everything else, but Rawr is rating AP higher.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Rawr: Relative gem value question

It kinda depends on your stats. If you are low on crit (below 32% melee, 25% spell) you oughta gem 16ap/8crit gems on red/yellow slots, or just raw Crit on yellow. Heard from some sources that Haste is a good stat once you reach a gear level good enough to get a reasonable amoutn of crit and AP just from gear. Actually Haste is about on-par with Crit for me at the moment (EnhaSim).

Rawr bases the values on the equipped gear you have. There is however a big red warning text that tells you not to use these values but rather use Rawr to optimize your gear.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Apra
    Are these constant or are they calculated based on your stats? I'm curious because EnhSim is telling me Crit > everything else, but Rawr is rating AP higher.
    The "Relative Gem Values" work as follows. Take your current gear and work out a dps score. Add the stat at an amount equivalent to what you get on a blue gem eg: +32 AP, +16 Crit, +19 Spellpower etc, calculate the new dps and subtract the original score to get the amount of dps upgrade adding that stat would be. Repeat this for every stat.

The result is a list of stats in order of how much of an upgrade adding that amount of stat would be.

Thanks! I wasn't taking into account the fact that AP gems have 32 AP on them and crit gems only have 16 crit. So duh! Of course the AP comes out better unless crit has an EP of > 2.

Deleted

Yes that was the point of implementing that chart. A lot of people said that they found raw EP values tricky as a single gem has different budgets so I added this chart so that it took the effects of item budget out of the equation.

Great job, BTW! I appreciate all your tools you've done for the shaman community.