Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Enchant expertise over AP?

I am Hit capped but i lack ALOT expertise. Only have 4 -.-

At the moment i have 38 ap (crap enchant) on my bracers but will i get more dps out if i enchant whit expertise instead?

Re: Enchant expertise over AP?

You'll get more dps if you stop slacking and enchant 50 ap

But with my low end 25 man values for Ret, 38 AP is still miles ahead

strength > expertise

Every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    strength > expertise

Every time.

I believe the topic says "Re: Enchant expertise over AP?"

And the simple short answer to this is no.

Long answer:
    Why? Because there is plenty of gear out there available for a ret pally that has expertise on it. You should never gem or enchant for expertise. If you have budget gear with no expertise on it, then gemming and enchanting for expertise is most likely gonna make your dps even worse.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Ehhh kinda. Point for point Exp is better than AP till cap. now 38 ap vs 15 exp, that's close but ap probably over by a bit, though I've tested it and there doesn't seem to be that much of a difference between those two particular enchants. I would pick the Exp one for raiding if I only had those 2 to choose from because I'd rather get that little extra insurance against my swings being dodged but that's me. you CAN gem for Expertise but with gems you can get Str so again you probably shouldn't.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight
    Ehhh kinda. Point for point Exp is better than AP till cap. now 38 ap vs 15 exp,

Says who?

Says who?
    Oh I dunno, ElitistJerks maybe...

Rawr favors Expertise over AP point for point till Exp cap, Redcape's does as well, and of course the following:

Pawn: v1: "Ret PvE": ArmorPenetration=0.7, CritRating=0.9, Dps=6.15, Strength=1.7, Agility=0.84, ExpertiseRating=1.64, HasteRating=0.81, HitRating=1.9, Ap=0.67, MetaSocket=107, RedSocket=26, YellowSocket=26, BlueSocket=25

not to mention Paladin Schmaladin as well. Shall I go on?

AP is our bottom stat aside from SP and Int, obviously. Do some research before posting an ignorant, retarded 2 word question.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

15+ Year Old Account

just dont gem or enchant for expertise. it will come on your gear in ulduar.

thats why ppl advise not to enchant expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet

QFT - 'nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet

Why would you gem for expertise anyway, it shares gem color with str?

ExpertiseRating=1.64, HasteRating=0.81, HitRating=1.9, Ap=0.67
    Expertise 24.6 AP25.46
    But I still stick to my previous statement
    50 AP = 33.5

No. Expertise will come with gear. Link your armory, I was at like 10+ Expertise when Ulduar came out, just from Naxx25 gear (I remove t7 for offset pieces when Udluar came out though).

Rawr favors Expertise over AP point for point till Exp cap, Redcape's does as well, and of course the following:
    You're right, but only up to a certain point. And if you're min/maxing anyways you'll have a few of the pieces that contribute to getting you really close to the expertise cap as well.

Items like steelbreakers embrace, bladebearer's signet, belt of the titans, t8 gloves, etc. Once you get over ~20 expertise the spreadsheets start to value strength more.

Getting expertise capped through gear is pretty much a joke from my experience. Maybe I'm just lucky.

15+ Year Old Account

You're right, but only up to a certain point. And if you're min/maxing anyways you'll have a few of the pieces that contribute to getting you really close to the expertise cap as well.

Items like steelbreakers embrace, bladebearer's signet, belt of the titans, t8 gloves, etc. Once you get over ~20 expertise the spreadsheets start to value strength more.

Getting expertise capped through gear is pretty much a joke from my experience. Maybe I'm just lucky.
    I find it has to do with your current Weapon as well, since a particular weapon in itself can have 7-11 expertise, which is a bit under half of the cap.

15+ Year Old Account

Pawn: v1: "Ret PvE": ArmorPenetration=0.7, CritRating=0.9, Dps=6.15, Strength=1.7, Agility=0.84, ExpertiseRating=1.64, HasteRating=0.81, HitRating=1.9, Ap=0.67, MetaSocket=107, RedSocket=26, YellowSocket=26, BlueSocket=25

not to mention Paladin Schmaladin as well. Shall I go on?

AP is our bottom stat aside from SP and Int, obviously. Do some research before posting an ignorant, retarded 2 word question.
    Adamson is right.

You are right.

Problem is you are both arguing about two different stats. He has said in each post "Strength" while you have said "AP." You are arguing apples and oranges.

Like Xs said, 50 ap...quit being cheap and do it.

Yes, when I referred to AP I meant strength.

Granted AP is the best we can get for enchants, it's still the way to go.

AP and strength are totally different tho when talking from a stat value perspective, and expertise is quote a bit above AP based on value under the cap alone. That said, yeah, don't enchant for Expertise, because you should be able to scrounge together enough Expertise gear to get by.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terokkar&n=Greatrichie

oh look, cookies ( :: ) ( :: )

/runs

HAI THUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adamson.... tell me how they're buffing Earthshaper. I needz to know... maybe I won't have to try and get Aesirs edge anytime soon...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terokkar&n=Greatrichie

15+ Year Old Account

oh look, cookies ( :: ) ( :: )

/runs
    I can haz Eggo wafflez? # # #