Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: PVP Disc Spec Questions (Arena)

Quote Originally Posted by thethain
    Protip: If your missing resilience and stam gear, go with holy.

Instant heals with procs + CoH, and Blessed resilience is more impressive with lower resilience than focused will. Also when you die (and you will) you will get to heal as a spirit for a while.
    Yeah I did that too until I had the first epic pvp set. It takes quite a bite of resilience for discipline to really shine. Before that holy has blessed resilience which is awesome.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

10+ Year Old Account

Very good thread, I was wondering if Enlightenment would be a better investment then Imp Flash Heal, haste is always useful as it lowers the GCD allowing you to do more in less time.

Also note the 4 piece set bonus for the PvP set does make a noticeable difference having also trading in 2 pieces of satin for mooncloth yesterday.
    :3

Quote Originally Posted by thethain
    Protip: If your missing resilience and stam gear, go with holy.

Instant heals with procs + CoH, and Blessed resilience is more impressive with lower resilience than focused will. Also when you die (and you will) you will get to heal as a spirit for a while.
    Yea, I did that back in the day... running Holy is a good plan til you get a decent PVP set, but I'm hardheaded I know I will die a lot, and fast, but I really need the experience of being more aggressive in arena, even if it is for a very, very short time!

Keep the great posts coming!

Question: Just to clarify, hit rating on pieces helps with mana burns correct?

Hit helps land mana burns but doesnt increase the amount only Int does that now.

Slightly off topic, I'm curious why disc priests arent taking blessed resiliance. I know it would come at the cost of enlightenment but its a guaranteed heal against MS attacks, right?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by rickkcir
    Hit helps land mana burns but doesnt increase the amount only Int does that now.

Slightly off topic, I'm curious why disc priests arent taking blessed resiliance. I know it would come at the cost of enlightenment but its a guaranteed heal against MS attacks, right?
    MS Warrior crits you for 5k damage (what does he have blues on? ^^). Blessed recovery heals you 750 health. Over 6 seconds. Meaning (I think it tickes every 2 seconds) 250 a tick. For 3 talent points you can have MUCH more. Plus why wouldn't it be affected by MS when it's a heal? Meaning in the example before it would only heal you for 375 over 6 seconds. I think trolls regen more with their racial than that.

Edit: You're talking about blessed recovery, right? Blessed resilience is out of the way because it means not having penance.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Hello there and grats for the great thread so far. I got one question and will be very happy of someone can give me a ground answer/
    I am a rogue and as soon I finish some IRL stuff I will start do some arenas with a friend of mine disc priest.
    We talk alot about tactics and specc/glyphs, but we come to argue about a specific glyph. He is going to put PS and penance glyphs for sure, but I want him to put glyph of dispel instead FH glyphs (imo if he dispels more, he will have to heal less and that glyphs will help with keeping me alive while lowering their dmg - for casters mainly).
    What is you oppinion guys? Some clarifications will be priceless.
    (sorry for the english)
    Thanks alot

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by A.S.D.
    Hello there and grats for the great thread so far. I got one question and will be very happy of someone can give me a ground answer/
    I am a rogue and as soon I finish some IRL stuff I will start do some arenas with a friend of mine disc priest.
    We talk alot about tactics and specc/glyphs, but we come to argue about a specific glyph. He is going to put PS and penance glyphs for sure, but I want him to put glyph of dispel instead FH glyphs (imo if he dispels more, he will have to heal less and that glyphs will help with keeping me alive while lowering their dmg - for casters mainly).
    What is you oppinion guys? Some clarifications will be priceless.
    (sorry for the english)
    Thanks alot
    I'd never use FH glyph in arena. You just don't FH enough to make it worthwhile. Arena healing is all about instants (so shield, prayer of mending, renew, etc.) and penance. Maybe you'll flashheal some but not most of the time. Dispel glyph is nice but I like the shield one more because it guarantees a instant heal every 13 seconds instead of only being useful against teams with magical debuffs.

On top of that, yeah the PS glyph is nice at first but I'd change it for inner fire. Inner fire glyph helps you all the time and adds a shitload of mitigation to an already awesome selfbuff.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    MS Warrior crits you for 5k damage (what does he have blues on? ^^). Blessed recovery heals you 750 health. Over 6 seconds. Meaning (I think it tickes every 2 seconds) 250 a tick. For 3 talent points you can have MUCH more. Plus why wouldn't it be affected by MS when it's a heal? Meaning in the example before it would only heal you for 375 over 6 seconds. I think trolls regen more with their racial than that.

Edit: You're talking about blessed recovery, right? Blessed resilience is out of the way because it means not having penance.
    Blessed recovery, sorry if I messed that up. I guess for some reason I'm thinking the 15% healed back wouldn't be affected by MS since it's a percentage and wouldn't be calculated by SP or anything like that, but after looking at some other posts about it I getting the impression its generally worthless.

However I did think it was useful when I used to have it spec'd, but it was probably just when nubs were wacking on me in BG's and not a coordinated arena attack.

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by A.S.D.
    Glyph of Dispel is nice, but since the nerf a few patches ago not as strong - and it's value is dependent on your opponent's application of dispellable debuffs. Glyph of PWS is better (effective in any scenario), but I'd recommend Glyph of Inner Fire. The extra mitigation is huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    the PS glyph is nice at first but I'd change it for inner fire. Inner fire glyph helps you all the time and adds a shitload of mitigation to an already awesome selfbuff.
    Being able to cast PS when stunned is absolutely critical. It's the one thing that can help you live through the burst of a dual melee team popping their CD's. Inner fire glyph is huge too - I can't imagine dropping it to go back to the PWS glyph.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickkcir
    Blessed recovery, sorry if I messed that up. I guess for some reason I'm thinking the 15% healed back wouldn't be affected by MS since it's a percentage and wouldn't be calculated by SP or anything like that, but after looking at some other posts about it I getting the impression its generally worthless.
    Not worthless - just not very effective in providing any real healing. You should consider taking 1 point in it regardless, though, as it when procced it provides another buff to dispel.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    You should consider taking 1 point in it regardless, though, as it when procced it provides another buff to dispel.
    Didn't they fix that some time ago? Making Focused Will and Blessed Resilience undispellable, and I think Blessed Recovery too?