Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What 2 Professions are the best money makers?

Right now I'm Herb/Scribe bother low I was told Scribe can makes a lot of gold plz help me out thanks.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: What 2 Professions are the best money makers?

elixirmaster, pump AH full of raidingflasks.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    elixirmaster, pump AH full of raidingflasks.
    + Herbalism

Quote Originally Posted by Cj240
    Right now I'm Herb/Scribe bother low I was told Scribe can makes a lot of gold plz help me out thanks.
    The two absolute best moneymakers are a Jewelcrafting and enchanting combo.

If you want more gold than you ever dreamed use these two. /end thread
    Why not you paid your $15 right?

15+ Year Old Account

No its not, JC/enchanting demand time, time = loss of gold. Those 2 prof demand that you spam or watch tradechannel all the time.

Flasks dont, you herb, make the flasks, put them on AH and can spend your time with other stuff that watching tradechannel.

Bad bad advice.

Edit:

For clarification, the ammount spent on herbing to get mats for flasks is by no way near the ammount of time needed to idle in tradechannel to get the same ammount from JC/enchant.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

That's only if you're a nub and try to make gold enchanting gear/crafting gems for people. The easist way to make gold as a JC is to make lvl 70 rings and then DE them at 2-3x the mat cost. Sell the mats on the AH, don't bother spending time spamming trade. Takes at most 20-30min a day posting mats on the AH as well as checking the cost of eternal earth and common gems so you buy mats at the lowest cost if you don't have a farmer supplying you.

JC also has the most profitable daily, 5min for a dragon's eye is hard to beat. Can also sell epic rings depending on how flooded your economy is with them. I've found there's almost no end to the demand for the tanking ring.

15+ Year Old Account

spammed ah on a wednesday, 6500-7k gold on frostwyrm and endless rage. Had to log on quit a few times and refill and make sure i was lowest price but was a nice flow of cash.

guess it depends on realms a bit with both flasks and selling enchanting mats.
    seems a bit of timeconsuming to constantly check AH on when the price on eternal earth/shadow is low enough for it to be probitable to make those dissenchant rings.

putting some flasks, once, on AH a primeraiding day will generally give me ~700g. But with some luck on frost lotus and flaskprocs its really worth it

No its not, JC/enchanting demand time, time = loss of gold. Those 2 prof demand that you spam or watch tradechannel all the time.

Flasks dont, you herb, make the flasks, put them on AH and can spend your time with other stuff that watching tradechannel.

Bad bad advice.

Edit:

For clarification, the ammount spent on herbing to get mats for flasks is by no way near the ammount of time needed to idle in tradechannel to get the same ammount from JC/enchant.
    Absolutley Shocking... I myself am an enchanter and I clear on average 100g each day per five minutes, or it can be per enchant. How? I log in, buy materials from the AH, create an enchant and then put it on the AH and forget about it. There is no longer any need for enchanters to spam the trade channel. What's more is that you seem to be under the impression that neither gems nor enchants can be sold on the AH... this is clearly a fallacy.

For time spent actually making gold, I think enchanting has to be among the most profitable; and for that matter most secondary professions will actually come out on top when you consider time spent v's gold income. Primary professions may net more overall gold, but the resources take time to gather where as secondary only really take time to create. Thus primary wins possibly on overall gold creation, but secondary wins when it comes to gold/time: Especially so when your only making a few items daily.

How much would it cost to power lvl Alch?

What about Skin/Lw?

The idea with making high gold on the AH without wasting time with mat gathering professions is to work the trades that people use and re-use over and over to tweak/respec/gear their toons. (enchanting and inscription jump to mind)

I make obscene amounts of gold with just inscription alone. Used to have herbalism too, but in retrospect I just needed it to level my inscription since this was my first 80. I never waste time collecting herbs anymore after I started paying closer attention to the high-end northrend herbs in the AH.(adder's tongue, icethorn, and lichbloom)

To make money with inscription, you have to have the auctioneer addon. I check for good herb deals only on the 3 herbs listed above. They tend to go for 15-20g per stack on my server. When I process them into inks, I usually get at *least* 1 snowfall ink out of each stack, which sells individually for the same amount as the whole stack of herbs did.(so everything past this point is pure profit) I scan the whole AH with auctioneer at least once every few days, and then i will pull up my inscription window to skim through the glyphs and mouse-over each one to see what the current undercut price is. If a glyph sells for at least 10g, I make two or three of them and move on through the list.(the dalaran ink-swapping vendor is crucial for this, so you never need to get herbs for all the different kinds of inks, you just use the northrend ones to convert to make everything) After I have gone through the whole list of glyphs and made a couple of each of the profitable ones, I mail them to a bank alt and put them up on the AH. I like keeping track of which glyphs, and how many I have left on the AH, in a little notepad file on my desktop.(so I don't lose track and build too many of one kind) The AH deposit to put them up on sale is so low on glyphs that even if i have to repost them on the AH several times to get them sold, it is still excellent profit on every glyph sold.(and people respec sickeningly often, so the demand for the "good" glyphs is always high) There are a lot of hoops to jump through to get all the glyph recipes though, you have to do a ton of once-a-day research, and buy books of glyph mastery, which is actually good for those of us willing to go all the way for it.(thins out our numbers so the profession doesnt get too common and kill the prices on the hard-to-get glyphs)

Recently swapped-out herbalism for enchanting to go with inscription since I can make my own scrolls with the inscr inks and sell enchants on the AH. Though really I just picked it up so I could get dream/abyss shards for free while I was running in instances every day anyway, and feed them to my main enchanter toon. You could do a similar selling with enchanting scrolls, but it isnt as easy to track what is selling for what price as you are scanning through your list of enchants.(since the name of the enchants in your profession list wont match the name of the "scroll of enchant" already on the AH, so auctioneer wont be able to help you skim your list for profitable enchants. You would have to research them manually) The nicer thing about enchanting is that there is no AH deposit price to put mats or scrolls up on sale at all, so you lose no profit at all no matter how many times you repost them. Since my toon in question is a heroic/naxx-10 geared tank, it is fun to solo all of the pre-northrend instances to get free enchant mats and BoP enchant recipes.

It seems that due to the buffs to the crafter that it gives, jewelcrafting is overpopulated on most servers I have seen, making gems typically sell for less than the ores they were made from. So it seems the only way to make money on them is to do the mining yourself and hope you get the lucky prospecting. Since I dont like trusting my income to RNG, added to the existing overpopulation of JC'ers, I don't really consider it a heavy-hitting goldmaker.

---

I'd steer clear of all of the armorcrafting professions as far as gold-making goes (tailoring, leatherworking, blacksmithing) as they are less profitable than even the gathering professions.

The gathering professions are always stable, but only average, moneymakers. The main downside is that they eat up a lot of your time to gather the mats to sell to make the gold. And skinning is the least profitable of the gathering professions from what I've seen.

sorry, this post got a lot longer than I intended. Kinda turned into a guide of sorts, lol. Hope it helps you out, Cj240.

Quote Originally Posted by Furkel
    Long story short, my voidwalker is borderline retarded.

15+ Year Old Account

JCing/Mining I'd say

I'd definately go with JC mining as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandone
    Hi

I'm pretty new to druids and I was wondering if Incest Swarm is good for pvp ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Walookani
    Yes. It stuns and has a bleed effect.

Thanks for all the help, how much does Scribe cost to power lvl, give a rounded figure, i know each server is different. My Herb is only 130 but it lvls very fast.

15+ Year Old Account

i invested 600 gold yesterday + 200 more today, curently i got 1200 gold + stuff at AH for atleast 2000g

im JC/ench and this is what i do

buy saronite, CHEAP. the cheaper the bether, then prospect all of it and sell the blue gems (this usualy covers the cost for ore + 50-150% profit.
    then buy eternal earth, look at price per when u buy cause if ure gona do this u need to restock often by buying 20 at a time.
    then take all the green gems and make lvl 70 green items for 2 crystalized earth + 1 gem, DE the items.

now u got Enchanting mats + blue gems to sell on the AH, if u know some rare recipes u can cut the rare gems into rare recipe gems like 16 armor penetration or something like that.

the profit is huge as i spend 30 min doing this with ore for 300g
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Themessiah
    Absolutley Shocking... I myself am an enchanter and I clear on average 100g each day per five minutes, or it can be per enchant. How? I log in, buy materials from the AH, create an enchant and then put it on the AH and forget about it. There is no longer any need for enchanters to spam the trade channel. What's more is that you seem to be under the impression that neither gems nor enchants can be sold on the AH... this is clearly a fallacy.
    Exactly, I'm currently doing around 2-3k a day by connecting about 5 minutes on my enchant/scribe (with 2 add ons: one for mails and one for putting back quickly unsold items on AH). No need to farm and no need to spam anything, buy everything needed from AH and sell back glyphs/enchants.

Currently having about 200 enchants/glyphs constantly on sale.
    Oh, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Cj240
    Thanks for all the help, how much does Scribe cost to power lvl, give a rounded figure, i know each server is different. My Herb is only 130 but it lvls very fast.
    I leveled mine via herbalism as I leveled to 80, so I dont have an accurate guess on power-leveling inscription. Just make sure that you pay attention to how much the northrend herbs are selling for (after you get the ability to mill the northrend herbs) and *never* buy the low-level herbs for more than the northrend herbs are selling for. (Since you can go to the dalaran inscription shop and convert "Ink of the Sea" inks into any low-level ink you might need for leveling or glyph-making.)

And im in the same boat as Ysilla, i'm floating hundreds of glyphs/enchants on AH (via a banking alt and a couple of key addons to make it quick and easy) for massive daily profit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furkel
    Long story short, my voidwalker is borderline retarded.

Bad bad advice.

Edit:

wow this made me rage so much i almost picked up my computer and threw it against the wall >

jc/alchemy(transmutation)/enchanting ftw
    http://wowrichkid.blogspot.com/

The way i do things is a little bit different than some people, I put a little bit more effort into making gold with my profs. On my main (hunter) I raid so I picked up 2 profs that offer buffs, I picked up JC/Alch elixir spec, because of these 2 i get some really insane buffs, less flasks because of mixology, and really awesome gems (soon to be nerfed but still really amazing).

On my alt I have Herb/Mining. Both my toons have epic flying within a couple weeks of using this combo, I spend about 2 hours a day flying around sholozar basin on my warrior picking every herb, and mining all saronite I find. Usually ends up with around 10-15 frost lotus (i find best drop rates out of goldclover for some reason.) and about 5-10 stacks of saronite ore. this is all dependent on how busy sholozar is at the time.

I then proceed to go to the AH and buy however much lichbloom i need to make the flasks i have enough frost lotus for, proceed to make flask of endless rage... since the alch change to make 2 flasks per, instead of 1 now at times I will get 8-10 flask procs, and since frost lotus prices are so high the flasks sell on my server from 35-45g each.

Prospect all ore, cut gems and sell for profit.

on average if i do this every day i can make 10k in a week. Agreed farming isnt very fun, but anymore its very profitable.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Thedalaraninn
    It's nice and simple:

Mining and Herbalism.

There you go.
    We need more people still believeing this. :
    Oh, hi.