Page 1 of 3
LastLast

who do blizzard think they are fooling

Who in gods name do blizzard think they are fooling when they say there is NOT to much burst in arena and that...
    ''Good players just learn from playing many matches what other classes are likely to do during that window. Less articulate players aren't entirely sure what happened and just write it off as "burst was so high that I died before I could react."

What a load of bull! I myself have experienced arena at 2.3k rating + and have played throughout all the seasons but this is a problem blizzard decide to push aside it would seem.
    I play a death-knight/priest and have played hunter back during tbc arena and don't get me wrong im not complaining about my class being bad as i have experienced the ridiculous burst.
    Prime example was couple of days ago in 2v2 we were playing dk/pala(lame and boring) we tried various times to set up a kill against a ret pala/shaman with silence, hammer, pet stun, repentance..the usual drill. At the time on vent i was laughing so hard due to how truely bad the ret pala was, wearing mostly tier 8, backpedaling and keyturning i avoided most his damage by just running circles around him, my pala takes a hex he cant break but i am topped off at 20k HP after a pet sac, the pala pops wings, stuns me so i cant run circles around the baddy...i died before the stun was over....erm hi!

Today in 3v3... this is the biggest bullshit all teams appear to play cleave so we joined in...battle of the zerg or what! Every game is over within the min, our paladin sat in bubble SPAM healing but cant outheal a ret pala and dk sitting on either me or the warrior...and they dont even have a healing debuff.... no cc.... no attempt at a well timed silence....just burst to death, and we have done it to others too....its just not fun and requires no sense of co-ordination or skill.
    Its the same with all these teams at the moment heck i even laugh at the pathetic burst i can pull off...but its not fun in arena and never will be to just hug somebody until their dead, it should require well timed CC, we timed defensive play, well time offensive play and good team work. Arena for me is now entirely dead, was dead in s5 but i persevered and now there really is no going back!

I know i know bit of a whine thread but hey i have never opened my mouth about it before...now i have had enough.

discuss your views

15+ Year Old Account

Re: who do blizzard think they are fooling

wall of text crits for 100k

i dont know how to explain this........ but i agree :P

i played arena today (1st time since start of wotlk), me and my unholy DK partner (im ret pala) is geting up the shit in org arena.
    when we are up i quickly jump into other teams start area to detect stealthies, i hit the rogue with DS.
    i stun the rogue and 1 sec after the DK is on the rogue and his druid healer cant do shit before rogue is dead from 2 heavy melee classes.

btw im using t7/8 for arena and this was at very low rating, somewhere betwen 0-1400 as i dont remember cus i just started again today and 1400 was the rating we reached but our MMR is closer to 1900.

i did good in s3 and s4 for a ret paly (1800-1900), we where weak back then but i recon it required much more skill and pvp gear was much more favorable
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by taylor307
    who in gods name do blizzard think they are fooling when they say there is NOT to much burst in arena and that...
    ''Good players just learn from playing many matches what other classes are likely to do during that window. Less articulate players aren't entirely sure what happened and just write it off as "burst was so high that I died before I could react."
    What a load of bull! i myself have experienced arena at 2.3k rating + and have played throughout all the seasons but this is a problem blizzard decide to push aside it would seem.
    I play a death-knight/priest and have played hunter back during tbc arena and don't get me wrong im not complaining about my class being bad as i have experienced the ridiculous burst.
    Prime example was couple of days ago in 2v2 we were playing dk/pala(lame and boring) we tried various times to set up a kill against a ret pala/shaman with silence, hammer, pet stun, repentance..the usual drill. At the time on vent i was laughing so hard due to how truely bad the ret pala was, wearing mostly tier 8, backpedaling and keyturning i avoided most his damage by just running circles around him, my pala takes a hex he cant break but i am topped off at 20k HP after a pet sac, the pala pops wings, stuns me so i cant run circles around the baddy...i died before the stun was over....erm hi!
    Today in 3v3... this is the biggest bullshit all teams appear to play cleave so we joined in...battle of the zerg or what! every game is over within the min, our paladin sat in bubble SPAM healing but cant outheal a ret pala and dk sitting on either me or the warrior...and they dont even have a healing debuff.... no cc.... no attempt at a well timed silence....just burst to death, and we have done it to others too....its just not fun and requires no sense of co-ordination or skill. Its the same with all these teams at the moment heck i even laugh at the pathetic burst i can pull off...but its not fun in arena and never will be to just hug somebody until their dead, it should require well timed CC, we timed defensive play, well time offensive play and good team work. Arena for me is now entirely dead, was dead in s5 but i persevered and now there really is no going back!

i know i know bit of a whine thread but hey i have never opened my mouth about it before...now i have had enough.

discuss your views
    Grammar, punctuation, and capitalization are win.
    If you don't like it, go on the internet and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by wadark
    Grammar, punctuation, and capitalization are win.
    Proper grammar is for noobs and commies and woman!

Quote Originally Posted by Noochie
    Proper grammar is for noobs and commies and woman!
    Case in point.

so typical ha, its late and im tired, i knew some pedantic prick would go and comment but i really couldn't be arsed.

who in gods name do blizzard think they are fooling when they say there is NOT to much burst in arena and that...
    What a load of bull! i myself have experienced arena at 2.3k rating + and have played throughout all the seasons but this is a problem blizzard decide to push aside it would seem.
    Today in 3v3... this is the biggest bullshit all teams appear to play cleave so we joined in...battle of the zerg or what! every game is over within the min, our paladin sat in bubble SPAM healing but cant outheal a ret pala and dk sitting on either me or the warrior...and they dont even have a healing debuff.... no cc.... no attempt at a well timed silence....just burst to death, and we have done it to others too....its just not fun and requires no sense of co-ordination or skill. Its the same with all these teams at the moment heck i even laugh at the pathetic burst i can pull off...but its not fun in arena and never will be to just hug somebody until their dead, it should require well timed CC, we timed defensive play, well time offensive play and good team work. Arena for me is now entirely dead, was dead in s5 but i persevered and now there really is no going back!

i know i know bit of a whine thread but hey i have never opened my mouth about it before...now i have had enough.

discuss your views

dk+healer counters ret+healer ...really now, L2 track CDs like hex and keep your IBF, Pet stuns for hard times...and the best way for a dk to deal with a ret team is to focus mainly on his healer...so that blue was right, in this case, u really need to practice more...if u think for a sec you'll expect a hoj+wings in a hex that cant be trinketed

so typical ha, its late and im tired, i knew some pedantic prick would go and comment but i really couldn't be arsed.
    Late and tired are not an excuse. If you want to bring a complaint forward, you have far more credibility when you do it properly, with grammar and such. Otherwise, you look like someone who's just upset and having a little nerd rage. The little "self-awareness" saying you knew someone comment makes it even worse. So go ahead and insult me if it feeds your epeen. But it just makes you sound even less credible.

Late and tired are not an excuse. If you want to bring a complaint forward, you have far more credibility when you do it properly, with grammar and such. Otherwise, you look like someone who's just upset and having a little nerd rage. The little "self-awareness" saying you knew someone comment makes it even worse. So go ahead and insult me if it feeds your epeen. But it just makes you sound even less credible.
    I don't mean to be a killjoy, but your own grammar has a flaw or two here and there aswell.
    Planning is for amateurs.

Sorry i didn't realise that a few minor grammar mistakes would offend you so much, talk about arrogant.
    And yes it is an excuse im pretty sure you dont do things 100% perfect when your tired.

Burst may not be too much fun but its a heck of a lot better than drain teams, waiting for the other team's healer to run out of mana, and the joy of being CC'd constantly.

If you only have 20k health you're probably in quite poor gear.

It just seems so strange to me that we went from complaining about needing specific class setups to be successful (right amount of CC and MS) to complaining that burst, something pretty much any setup has, is too high and is overshadowing CC and healing.

Today in 3v3... this is the biggest bullshit all teams appear to play cleave so we joined in...battle of the zerg or what! Every game is over within the min, our paladin sat in bubble SPAM healing but cant outheal a ret pala and dk sitting on either me or the warrior...and they dont even have a healing debuff....
    lol you fail

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by jneboon

dk+healer counters ret+healer ...really now, L2 track CDs like hex and keep your IBF, Pet stuns for hard times...and the best way for a dk to deal with a ret team is to focus mainly on his healer...so that blue was right, in this case, u really need to practice more...if u think for a sec you'll expect a hoj+wings in a hex that cant be trinketed
    I understand what your saying and its a fair point, it was over a 20/30min period and was a close game, we had them on the ropes a few times and vise versa. I do track CDs and i do try to save CDs for when they are needed, but 20k damage in under 5 seconds its a little steep for any class, i know Deathknights can do it too but it happens too often! There is too much burst in arena in my opinion anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelias
    Burst may not be too much fun but its a heck of a lot better than drain teams, waiting for the other team's healer to run out of mana, and the joy of being CC'd constantly.

If you only have 20k health you're probably in quite poor gear.

It just seems so strange to me that we went from complaining about needing specific class setups to be successful (right amount of CC and MS) to complaining that burst, something pretty much any setup has, is too high and is overshadowing CC and healing.
    23k hp, 3 deadly 1 furious and furious accessories.

I understand what your saying and its a fair point, it was over a 20/30min period and was a close game, we had them on the ropes a few times and vise versa. I do track CDs and i do try to save CDs for when they are needed, but 20k damage in under 5 seconds its a little steep for any class, i know Deathknights can do it too but it happens too often! There is too much burst in arena in my opinion anyway.
    you're telling me he pulled out 4k dps on a target with high resil? i believe you man. totally.

his teammate probably helped out with shocks and bolts or w/e, in which case they used a valid strat to kill you, sorry

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    you're telling me he pulled out 4k dps on a target with high resil? i believe you man. totally.

his teammate probably helped out with shocks and bolts or w/e, in which case they used a valid strat to kill you, sorry
    Tier 8, wings...and yes it can be done as i tested it in duels

Quote Originally Posted by Jaska
    I don't mean to be a killjoy, but your own grammar has a flaw or two here and there aswell.
    Of course there's a flaw or two, I never said anything about perfection. But compare it to the OP, where there's not even an attempt, and my point is clear.

Sorry i didn't realise that a few minor grammar mistakes would offend you so much, talk about arrogant.
    And yes it is an excuse im pretty sure you dont do things 100% perfect when your tired.
    A few minor grammar mistakes? I see you've gone through an corrected your post's grammar, that's good. A few minutes ago, there wasn't more than 1 correctly capitalized. There were random commas and tons of misspellings. And I'm pretty sure that if I'm tired enough to not be able to form a coherent sentence, I don't hang out on forums. Secondly, I'm not offended...I'm trying to help you have a good point. You aren't credible when there's more mistakes than there are correct words.

Of course there's a flaw or two, I never said anything about perfection. But compare it to the OP, where there's not even an attempt, and my point is clear.

A few minor grammar mistakes? I see you've gone through an corrected your post's grammar, that's good. A few minutes ago, there wasn't more than 1 correctly capitalized. There were random commas and tons of misspellings. And I'm pretty sure that if I'm tired enough to not be able to form a coherent sentence, I don't hang out on forums. Secondly, I'm not offended...I'm trying to help you have a good point. You aren't credible when there's more mistakes than there are correct words.
    Pedantic?

Pedantic?
    Yes.

G G G G G G G GRAMMAR WARS