Poll: How would you like VoA to be?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: VoA and loot

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

VoA and loot

Season 5. Playing squishy rogue. I got my deadly gloves after 18 weeks or more of tryes. That`s it. I had to buy everything else except the shoulders (had no rating for them). In the middle of the season, while i was working at my 1900 rating with 3 hatefull and 2 deadly, i saw a hunter with blue weapon , no enchants on some items, and 3 deadly pieces gemmed for god knows what , he was so clueless. I had no problem with that untill today.
    Season 6. I`m playing at 2100 rating , with 1 furious piece, t1 furious weps,and i meet the same hunter with 3/5 furious pieces, and the staggering rating of 1100 something. NOW THAT MADE ME RAGE!

Now then, i know this is not red by blizzard or any of that nonscence, i just want to make an outside view of what you think. Critycism and explanations are accepted.
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

Re: VoA and loot

I personally believe loot should remain as it is, for personal reasons. I'm in a casual guild that does Naxx10 for a few hours a week, rarely getting more than one wing + one or two other bosses in a week there, and because I enjoy their company, but still want to see more, I PUG 25-man Naxx most weeks (I have little doubt I would be successful were I to join an endgame Ulduar25 raiding guild, but I'm happy where I'm at). Usually, I can get myself pretty high up on the damage meters, even in guild-lead runs where some people there are doing a few bosses in Uld, I do fairly well... But whenever a tiered token drops, I have horrible luck and never win rolls, the t7.5 gloves and chest I have both came from Vault, I believe. Where it not for Vault, I might only have the gloves due to Sarth, because despite how well I contribute, I can't seem to beat the RNG boss.

The fact is, the same thing happens in many raids: You will see a bad DPS, healer, or tank get an amazing piece of loot more than once, because, despite there being better, more skilled people there, they got the best roll. It sucks horribly to see that, but after all is said and done, good raiders and arena players will still get a high rating and perform their roll admirably despite bad luck in gear rolls, while bad players will always be bad despite getting great gear. After all, you'll still probably get at least ONE piece of non-tier loot each week if you get though enough honor, rating, badges, or boss kills.

In that case , why doesn`t blizzard mail you epics just like that? takes 10 minutes to make that boss, so why bother in the first place?

We`re 2 thirsty rogues in the guild, both needing on pve and pvp loot. So in my case there is no bad dps or clueless guy getting phat lewt, it`s just the chance of seeing that item drop. And i didn`t have that chance for months. Neither of us got any pvp parts from VoA, whilst ppl already have 2 or 3 set pieces. Not to mention, that 3 weeks in a row, only pala/dk/war items droped.

Keep voting plretty please. ;D
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

Who cares if the clueless Hunter is wearing a few pieces of Furious gear, it's not like he's suddenly going to transform into an Arena All-Star because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    Since my post count is rougly 10x yours I'll give you a big STFU because I'm obviously your superior

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee
    Who cares if the clueless Hunter is wearing a few pieces of Furious gear, it's not like he's suddenly going to transform into an Arena All-Star because of it.
    bassicaly it, VoA might take 10 mins per boss, but so far every ulduar boss but HM general and FL3T+ takes <10 mins
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee
    If i lead a VoA i give the PvP gear to the highest rated PvPer that can use it.

Of course Ive received many whispers of QQ, but it weeds out the bads for future pugs.

I did the same when i ran 25 man naxx Pugs, i only gave gave the Best in slot items from Sapph/KT to Players that have spent more than 1-2 runs in naxx that are already geared.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

I hate the boss, random noobs getting arena gear, the should just keep the needed raiting on the gear. It´s not that hard to get the raiting needed.
    Pity Heal
    Unlimited range
    Channeled
    Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies and allies for 5% health every 1 sec.
    Spellid 93705

Deleted

I am sorry to see that your gameplay gets negatively affected by the gear available to other players.
    Also, I feel sorry for you. Honestly.

VoA is working exactly as the developers intended. It's a "loot-lottery" that should be puggable amongst players that showed up in Wintergrasp to attack or defend. It makes absolutely no sense to tie VoA to guild activity in any way, because the unpredictability of Wintergrasp ownership essentially prohibits formal guild run scheduling. The token idea would be a boon for gear-grubbers everywhere, but that too goes against the developer intention for this instance to be highly RNG-based as far as loot goes.

All the poll options other than leaving it as-is are strictly fantasy.

Dear god you people are morons. Like the guy talking about him getting pve gear etc, or the Somnio guys comment. ITS A FUCKING PVE BOSS DROPPING THE BEST PVP GEAR.

I think the op is upset because someone with no clue got gear from a PVE boss which he worked hard for, its not the same as someone with no clue getting it from arena and points you morons.

And before any of you drooling retards says "but just do VoA yourself, and get the pieces he gets" i have to tell you, just STFU now. Dont even bother saying it.

Think about, i have seen player who have never arena'ed in their life with 3/5 and players over 2k with 1/5 or 2/5. How is that fair? If they got it from hording arena points and buying it at 1200 rating, then fine, but Jesus, they dont even have to set foot in arena or a battleground ever to get the best possible PVP gear other pvp players who arent as lucky with drops work months for.

tbh if you're finding it very hard to get above the rating you need (perhaps due to playing a "poor" comp) after a few weeks you might be able to get that piece of gear from voa instead of being stuck at a brick wall. Note that not all furious gear is even available from voa, so there are still loads of opportunities for rogues with a bad attitude to get exclusive gear that's not available to everybody.

Note the direct equivalence of t8.5 loot being available from a puggable boss, instead of only through an instance that typically requires organisation/a guild and several weeks of waiting in line. So it in fact enables rogues with a bad attitude to turn up in pvp gear for a pve boss yet walk away with the best pve gear available.

in summary qq

Quote Originally Posted by Sillicur

And before any of you drooling retards says "but just do VoA yourself, and get the pieces he gets" i have to tell you, just STFU now. Dont even bother saying it.
    But just do VoA yourself and get the pieces he drops!

Think about, i have seen player who have never arena'ed in their life with 3/5 and players over 2k with 1/5 or 2/5. How is that fair? If they got it from hording arena points and buying it at 1200 rating, then fine, but Jesus, they dont even have to set foot in arena or a battleground ever to get the best possible PVP gear other pvp players who arent as lucky with drops work months for.
    Too bad, I wish those people were more lucky. I'm the best tank in my guild, the GM knows it, the other leadership knows it, but that doesn't mean I get first pick on all of the tank gear that drops.

Deleted

but just do VoA yourself, and get the pieces he get

Well, of course, it's humiliating for us uber player to see someone else getting the same gear and then pwn us. Only because of their lolpveloot.

Wait... if you are so elite, it shouldn't change anything for you.

Cry a river, built a bridge and... GET OVER IT !

READ THIS!!:

I been 80 since some weeks after wotlk, played WoW alot and went it every week since I hit 80, dropped ONE thing for me, that was deadly chest, didnt win, WHO CARES...?

Then Emalon came out, been doing him for a good while now.. havent seen any druid drop yet, then my noobish friend with 1k DPS as a DK went emalon 25 along with me, hes first run AND THE CONQUEROR LEGS DROPPED, AND GUESS WHAT!? HE WON THEM AND HES STILL NOT MANAGIN MORE THAN 1.5K DPS,

DO YOU THINK THATS FAIR!!!? NO, SO WHY DID BLIZZARD NERF EMALON!? DONT MAKE IT NOOBABLE, NOOBS DONT DESERVE TO KILL SUCH BOSS!!!!!!!! ITS REALLY UNFAIR, HE ALSO GOT 1 FURIOS SOME WEEKS LATER....

my other friend: t8 gloves + legs hes an ele shammy!, and this week he also got THE FURIOS GLOVES..!

im not doing emalon anymore, its an unfair boss where noobs get there end-game raiding gear from ulduar hc or arena at high rating!!!!!!!

make it 2 different instances.

I think pvp loot should be treated differently. You can't compare it to pve loot. All pvp loot is gotten through skill and dedication... Except for pieces that drop in VoA.

You can't really pug for arena gear, it has a rating requirement that means you have to be at a certain level. Sneaking around with VoA cheapens that. If you see someone with a 2200 rating cloak you'll think "meh" even if he earned it, because of VoA.

I like how VoA drops pve gear. It gives raiders a bit of a leg up and a chance to get some upgrades on off nights. But for pvpers it doesn't make much sense. Emalon should only drop starter pvp gear. Maybe caches of WG badges and improve WG items.

i voted Make it accesible only after some q chain so only top guilds can acces it why ? i dont want free epix like everyone voted ... make it harder

15+ Year Old Account

i think the whole idea behind the VOA instance is great, eccept that.

1. it should not drop the best pvp gear

2. it should be on par with ulduar bosses.

think, u can get t8.25 shoulders from Emalon but u actualy need to kill yogg-saron to get the token.
    that makes no sense whatsosever to make yogg-saron loot drop of emalon....
    emalon is 10 times easier, u can pug it and u dont need to kill any bosses to get to him

yogg-saron is 10 times harder, there is no way whatsoever u can pug him and u need to kill 9 bosses to get to him.
    stil Emalon got the chance to drop the same tier.

i think blizzard shud make dificulty on par with the keepers
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar