Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Tauren forms color compared

I want to start this off by saying this is mostly speculation. Currently Blizzard has stated that by changing your hair/fur color at the barber shop you also change your form color. So I made an image that compares the forms colors side by side to make it a bit easier to tell the difference, like if you had brown fur you'd end up with this color kitty and this color bear:

The question I have is about the last comparison, the two colors really do not match up. any thoughts on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayron
    Read the link. Quit talking.

Re: New Tauren forms color compared

i eagerly await 3.2 for the answer

2nd cat last cat are mixxed up i think

Pretty sure they said some colors might overlap.

First of all: Thank you for the effort.

I've noticed, too, that some colors don't match. I guess without the color-tables that the US-CMs already announced we'll be at a loss on which fur color translates into which bear and cat.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Omen321
    2nd cat last cat are mixxed up i think
    That might be the case, since the "black" cat actually looks a little greyish and there's no real match for the black bear if you swap these two - but who says that a black Tauren will transform into equally black animal forms?

I would think the 2nd cat would fit better with the 5th bear...

By doing that, the "left over" forms would match more closely

Pretty sure they said some colors might overlap.
    Yup, they did. That means a comparison like this, while entertaining, is mostly useless as you will likely have more varied combinations of cat and bear skins than those 5.

It probably wouldn't hurt to take a look at all the possible skin tones tauren can select. As some tones might give the same bear graphic as another, but different cat graphics.
    Main: Enhance Shaman
    Current alt status:
    80 Unholy DK - 80 Feral Druid - 80 Disc Priest
    80 Ret Paladin - 80 Arcane Mage - 80 Prot Warrior
    77 Warlock - 80 Marks Hunter - 75 Rogue

I participated in the legendary Bacon thread.

15+ Year Old Account

the last bear and the 2nd bear need to change places. Notice how the last bear is black with white/gray highlights and the second car is black with a gray mane.

So honestly I like that dark brown bear (#2) but it doesnt match that last cat at all and if you want to match it then it would be the current bear right now. So really there are 4 pairs and 2 alts it seems.

I made 2 possible match-ups, not sure which would be more likely. The first one seemed likely because the color schemes are more similar.

However, I made possibility 2 because it puts the cat and bear that are most similar to the current cat and bear together, and the schemes are close enough that it could work.

What do you guys think?

Possibility 1

Possibility 2

[size=8pt]

Quote Originally Posted by Kraddark
    Blizzard said 70 was Chess Board Pvp well 80 Pvp is like checkers, except both teams have chainsaws and can make up their own rules.

Possibility one looks more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

15+ Year Old Account

i seriusly doubt blizz is gona make it as simple as making it a hardstyle pattern :S

hopefully it's gona be like dualspecc where u can just go to the barber and u got an ekstra button to click at, wich changes each form seperatly
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Q: Which cats will match up with which bears?

A: Racist. ;D
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

I was thinking the second one...because you would still have the 'traditional' color schemes paired up

also the fur of the bears match up with manes of the lions

This is what I'm thinking, with the 4th set being a homage to the original colours.

I'm betting on the 2nd one too.

I will say the Cat Model looks BRAND new...

The Bear looks like the old Bear with some paint on it.
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

15+ Year Old Account

Tauren druids rejoice! No longer does our cat form look like a...not cat. I think one of the cat forms looks like the bad guy in the Lion King though
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    I'm weird in any culture
    If life's a stage, when's the after party?

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    i seriusly doubt blizz is gona make it as simple as making it a hardstyle pattern :S

hopefully it's gona be like dualspecc where u can just go to the barber and u got an ekstra button to click at, wich changes each form seperatly
    Except that the entire point of making the form colors change with skin tones / hair colors is so that they reflect the druid, expanding the idea in the differences between the night elf and tauren forms. Basically, your forms will look like you.

[size=8pt]

Quote Originally Posted by Kraddark
    Blizzard said 70 was Chess Board Pvp well 80 Pvp is like checkers, except both teams have chainsaws and can make up their own rules.

15+ Year Old Account

Merged "Which cats will match up with which bears?" thread with this one. Stop making new threads when there's already an active relevant thread on the board.