Page 1 of 2
LastLast

24/0/47 is hella' fun.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...0&version=9947

Use with Glyph of Moonfire, Insect Swarm, and Swiftmend.

I feel like a Warlock/Disc Priest rolled into one.

Re: 24/0/47 is hella' fun.

get tree of life for pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Khraeme
    get tree of life for pvp
    Yup... You've really gotta wonder the point is of a caster spec with Master Shapeshifter that doesn't have ToL or Moonkin form.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

with the IS glyph and moonfire.. it ticks for 2k each 2 sec.. and you can heal amazing fine!

its really cool

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    Yup... You've really gotta wonder the point is of a caster spec with Master Shapeshifter that doesn't have ToL or Moonkin form.
    That's an entirely good point. Just so accustomed to putting points there. Gotta find somewhere else for those points.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuz Kontrol
    That's an entirely good point. Just so accustomed to putting points there. Gotta find somewhere else for those points.
    Might I suggest something a bit more like http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...7&version=9947

ToL gives your healing a hell of a lot more efficiency, and the Imp ToL armor bonus is a lot more useful than Living Seed or Living Spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuz Kontrol
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...0&version=9947

Use with Glyph of Moonfire, Insect Swarm, and Swiftmend.

I feel like a Warlock/Disc Priest rolled into one.
    Quite the interesting build.
    Love your sig too, btw ;D
    "Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greatest heroes, you are still only mortal."
    "You fear that which you cannot control. But can you control your fear?"

I'm using this spec for pvp atm and I agree; it's a sh1t ton of fun. I like being a killer tree. Warriors/rogues/DKs/Hunters etc. never see it coming. They think "Ohh a tree, im'a kill it!" ....20 seconds later, I'm chasing them away, tree punching them to death.

I've taken the spec and ran with it. Im using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45270 + the 2 pc T7.5 Bonus (head and chest) glyphed swarm and moonfire. Start out with IS + MF on your target, drop into tree and run straight at your target, tree punching and hotting yourself. Its hilarious to watch me kill DKs with a tree punch not to mention the humiliation that poor sap felt after he was killed by a tree.

In arenas, I'm no gladiator, but this spec has made them fun again. As soon as the match starts, I call my target and go taunt him into chasing me around (away from his healer) and I wear him down until he's dead while my partner keeps his healer out of range to heal him. I do the same thing in BGs. Run at your target, do /chicken and dot him and kite him away from healers. Works every time.

The best part about this spec is its ability to destroy most bad rogues (good ones still put up a good fight.) Pre-hot yourself when you know a rogue is around, let him cheap shot, trinket the kidney, rejuv and abolish poison, dot dot-back to tree, spam heals while tree punching. In about 15 seconds, the rogue is usually running away or dying. Sometimes to add insult to injury, Ill use my lightning generator, warstomp, wrath, moonfire+generator and you've just been bursted down by a tree.

If you enjoy healing AND being able to kill SOME players, this spec is a great choice.

-Flok

Druids are unkillable, I've never seen a tree druid lose in a 1v1. Hence, go full resto, and you will always win.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    Druids are unkillable, I've never seen a tree druid lose in a 1v1. Hence, go full resto, and you will always win.
    This is true; however, I don't find the playstyle of only healing very fun at all. I enjoy actually killing targets with an ability NOT called thorns I'm pretty hard to kill too, as the only healing talents I sac in my spec are wild growth, living seed and GotEM and I gain an added dimension of giving you a smaller, finite amount of time to kill me.

Basically, if you cant heal yourself or dispell magic, you have 30-50 seconds to live(depending on class/spec/gear) from the time my first dot lands in which to kill me. 9 times outta 10, I can't be killed in that short period of time and I win the attrition war.

The fact that the OP gets Master Shapeshifter and doesnt pick tree ( or boomkin ) really boggles me ???

Anyways, http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...0&version=9947

/Thread

Have a good one ;D
    Game Mechanics Enthusiast. :P

This thread has me in stitches! ;D

Time to power the ol' durid to 80 methinks.

Just thought i would throw in another reply with my reasoning of ^^^^^^^^^^^ spec.

Points in brambles / moonfire should be skipped if you play with Insect swarm, why? Because you are playing a generally offensive spec, having 4 points in improved wrath will increase your damage output ( mid cyclone duration ) compared to having a small amount of damage increase to a high mana cost DoT.

Also, If you plan to play this spec: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...0&version=9947

Then you have every right to pick up brambles, see'ing that you will be in tree most of the time, then the daze effect when kiting will be nice ( not to mention killing with thorns if you get a team that has no healer )

Some of you might not agree ( I don't see why anyone would, pls post a comment if you have difference of opinion on my spec choice  ;D [no fights tho >.>]) but most of you will agree.

Have fun, and have a good one all  ;D
    Later'z

P.S. I didn't choose glyphs cause thats usually a personal pref. I do NOT suggest the moonfire glyph though.

P.P.S. If you don't wrath mid cyclone duration, u need to be playing the defensive tree only spec, having IS and thinking its cool to have an extra DoT but not play the spec correctly will yield you lower ratings and less fun, I suggest 24 / 0 / 47 to any player that knows what I'm talking about, and the other spec if not.

DoT's are easily healed, Burst isn't ( shouldn't druids know this? O.o ) lol :P

Quote Originally Posted by Warbeast
    with the IS glyph and moonfire.. it ticks for 2k each 2 sec.. and you can heal amazing fine!

its really cool
    Either I misunderstood this or it is highly inaccurate. What is "it" referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilla
    Just thought i would throw in another reply with my reasoning of ^^^^^^^^^^^ spec.

Points in brambles / moonfire should be skipped if you play with Insect swarm, why? Because you are playing a generally offensive spec, having 4 points in improved wrath will increase your damage output ( mid cyclone duration ) compared to having a small amount of damage increase to a high mana cost DoT.
    I think I'm gonna try this. I just started using this spec last week and the sheer amount of fun I've had with it sent me off in the direction of trying to soup up my dots anyway that I could. I just glyphed moonfire last night to test it out. As well as 2/2 imp moonfire. I started out with the faster wrath but my play style seemed to lean in the direction of more dots and less nukes.

So basically you're saying just use IS and no MF and chain wraths when the kill is close?

That sounds like fun I'll give it a whirl.

-Flok

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus
    Either I misunderstood this or it is highly inaccurate. What is "it" referring to.
    Icy Touch, duh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilla
    DoT's are easily healed, Burst isn't ( shouldn't druids know this? O.o ) lol :P

the dot functionality of this build is more for pressure as an offensive healer / dps team in 2v2 probably, so what the dots do is force pressure and panic onto another team.

vs double dps any damage helps over time, so its great

and vs healer/dps its great because if the healer is pressured into healing two targets, or healing a rogue beating on someone ON TOP OF 2k dot tics every few seconds...thats like intense.

-80 Tauren Warrior-80 Undead Priest--80 Tauren Shaman-70 Tauren Druid-67 Human Deathknight

Quote Originally Posted by flokaseaguls
    So basically you're saying just use IS and no MF and chain wraths when the kill is close?
    You still use Moonfire, but you want fast wrath casts as you will be trying to wrath as many times possible during a cyclone duration.

An ideal and near perfect thing to happen would be:
    Your playing with a melee, against another melee / healer (I wont get to into specifics right now)

You start by dotting up the dps target, this includes IS, Moonfire, and Faerie Fire.

Then u start cyclon'ing the off target.

During the duration of the cyclone (and as long as you and your teamate is high enough on health for you to go offensive) you start wrathing the dps target.

It should look like this:

0.0: Cyclone cast starts after dots are placed (use this time to target the other player)
    1.5: Your cyclone hits, and you start wrathing the other target.
    3.0: Your first wrath hits and you start casting a second wrath.
    4.5: Your second wrath hits and you start casting your third and final wrath. (use this time to target the cycloned player as you will be cyclon'ing for the second time after this.

6.0: You start casting cyclone on the cycloned player ( what you want to have happen is the second cyclone fades, your cyclone cast hits, and you therefore chain cyclone the player for 9 seconds.

During this time after you can be even more offensive and cast a 4th wrath during the 3 second cyclone, target the cyclone'd player during that wrath cast, cyclone them again for 1.5 sec

And from here I wont tell you the rest, Ive given up too much of my theory already so use it wisely

Anyone that's following what I'm saying should be able to put the last part of this all together and win almost 100 % of the time, as long as u don't get screwed in the middle of casting the above spells (and the next [secret] part)

All of the above assumes you have a 1.5 second wrath casting time (or somewhat near it, faster makes you have to be more alert and watch the debuff timer more carefully, slower is more faceroll style and as long as you just press the buttons right your gonna end up doing it correctly)

Ive pretty much explained the best resto druid burst possible, use starfire instead of the first 2 wraths if you wish (esp. against shammy warrior, if you are in shock range etc.)

Some people might hate me for explaining this to you all, use it wisely.

--Druid lessons over.

Quote Originally Posted by czechx

the dot functionality of this build is more for pressure as an offensive healer / dps team in 2v2 probably, so what the dots do is force pressure and panic onto another team.

vs double dps any damage helps over time, so its great

and vs healer/dps its great because if the healer is pressured into healing two targets, or healing a rogue beating on someone ON TOP OF 2k dot tics every few seconds...thats like intense.
    100% correct, but I don't mean not to use dots, I only mean that glyph'ing and speccing improved moonfire will yield you less output burst (when you should be bursting properly [read above post^^^^] rather then just playing it like a faceroll'er and just dotting and hotting everything possible) when you could have those points in improved wrath and be getting a lot better result from your cc and damage.

Most druids pick up this build because they are tired of being in tree and just hotting, thats fine, but its a lot better when you know how to use the spec to its advantage, rather then just being another faceroll druid.

/Thread.

On a side note, this spec has a great dual purpose of being able to farm just about anything with ease. Dot dot heal dot dot heal. Farming chilled meat or frostweave cloth with my pvp spec/gear has been a great money saver and a life saver as getting ganked is that much less likely. It's also capable of healing crappy heroics for heirloom gear

I've also never heard a druid be classified as a faceroll class before. That's a first for me

-Flok

PS. Some dude in a BG called me a keyboard turning scrub because my right mouse button took a shit mid battle and I actually HAD to KBturn. I woke up this morning and bought a new mouse. NO MORE KEYBOARD TURNING FOR ME! I'm a big kid now!