Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Warriors as hybrids

We have discussed this many times before and now it is time to put it to rest I think. In the end skill is the only thing that matters in this game. And from what I've seen, the people that play hybrids are generally more skilled than the pures' players and thus they top the meters anyway.

So yeah, stop crying about Blizzard's design because you cannot change it and go work on your rotations/cooldowns.
    One good thing about music, when it crits you feel no pain.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by FroggyChaos
    As a warrior i will say we are hybrids we have an entire tree devoted to tanking this makes us a hybrid class. Bigger issue dk's who don't have a tree dedicated to tanking are better at tanking than warriors.
    I agree, DK need to be knocked down a few more pegs... They really need to make the lines clearer on DK's... I personally would like to see fix frost and make it the only real Tanking tree and make Blood(Phys DPS)/Unholy DPS(Phys/AE Dmg).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by Quadremenox
    A hybred should be a class that does different types of damage, where as warriors and priest do single types of damage.
    This is simply the worst idea ever.

Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Iosif
    I agree, DK need to be knocked down a few more pegs...  They really need to make the lines clearer on DK's... I personally would like to see fix frost and make it the only real Tanking tree and make Blood(Phys DPS)/Unholy DPS(Phys/AE Dmg).
    Blizzards entire intention with Deathknights was to not have a "PvP" tree, then a "PvE DPS" and a "Tanking" tree.

They have specifically told us this many times

Originally, Blood was PvE dps, Unholy was pvp, and Frost was tanking. Blizzard scrapped this idea, and wants all trees to be viable in tanking, dps, and pvp by taking different talents in the same tree. This is like Feral, but with every tree.

This is the same change they made to Fury/Arms.

Why do you think they put MS in the Fury tree, for viable dps? No. They did it to make it a viable pvp spec. And they buffed Arms damage to make it viable in PvE.

Death Knights are essentially Druids if they had 3 different Feral trees. This is, in of itself, not a problem. They can't tank in a Frost dps spec, and they can't dps in their Blood Tank spec.

Eliminating 2 tanking specs solves absolutely nothing. How would it fix Frost to nerf Blood? Death Knights do not have a "Tanking Tree", but they do have a "Tanking Spec."

Yes, one tanking spec should not out perform another (Example: Frost vs Prot), but that doesn't mean you have to get rid of two completely unrelated specs.

Edit:

Logic Hamemr crits you for 9001 Fail damage.

Complaints about the hybrid tax are ignorant, stupid and at best completely off the mark.

Assuming your pures are doing 5000 dps, a hybrid is meant to cap out at the same skill level doing 4750 dps. No one, on the entire planet, in all of LK, has ever been kicked from a raid for doing 250 lower dps than the top of the meters. So shut up about it. It's like complaining one tank has 41000 health and the other has 42000 health.

Now, if your complaint is that you do less than or someone does more than the hybrid tax allows, it has NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU BEING A HYBRID. Your complaint that a class is too good is just that. Your complaint that your class is underpowered is not about complaining about fundamental wrath game design. It just looks like whining instead of objectively saying that a class has too many advantages in given fights and outlining how and where.

I guess it doesn't shock me in the slightest that no one who complains about the hybrid tax ever makes an insightful or on the money post about game balancing and things that need to be changed. So mindless, worthless qq from people who are hung up over a number that is so meaningless it doesn't matter. You are taxed more or less by fight design in every single encounter except ol'Patchwerk-kun.

Dk:s are hero class.
    Warriors are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbÿman

Because warriors don't have cooldowns do they?
    As far as I know warrior have the easiest time kiting Vezax, because we have intervene, and I've even seen times when a saronite vapor spawns close to the tank and he charges it to get even farther away.

Sure you can rely on your cooldowns to try to tank vezax, but using your strategy, what if he uses surge of darkness and your cooldowns are on cooldown, or what if some dumb healer sits in the vapor for too long and accidentally kills himself? The fight is mana intensive enough as it is and if you do it minus one healer it's even harder.
    Hard mode my friend. DK stands still and tanks through Surge of Darkness and takes less damage than a warrior in the whole fight. 1min cd on IBF and 45 secs on AMS is enough for Surge of Darkness, ah and btw, if he specs blood, very good spec for vezax hard mode, he heals himself for 300-400k.

Back to topic:

Pure DPS and blizzard says, that they have fear, that if pure dps = hybrid dps, no one would play a pure dps class anymore.

My argument is:
    Nearly all Pure DPS classes wouldn't reroll, because 90% of the playerbase does not want to tank or heal at any point in raids, so they choose a class, that can't tank or heal, so nobody can ask them to go for the healing or tanking role.

Give them equal DPS and let the player's skill and dedication decide, who tops the damage meters. Utility can't be a real argument anymore also, due to the removal buff stacking.

Deleted

Sorry to disappoint you, but I play a pure DPS class (mage) not because I don't want to tank/heal, but because I liked the class and some of the convenience it brought (mobility through portals, food/drink, superior crowd control and such). In fact I very often wish that mages would have a healspec (arcane tree *g*), so I could use the dualspec advantage to fulfull more roles and had not to level a priest alt for healing.

And sorry, but I know so many people, who reroll all the time (FotM-classes *cough*), so that's not an argument. By the way, I also know many, many hybrids, who just don't want to shift to another role, either. What's with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Quadremenox
    I agree that warriors should not be considered as a hybred class just because they do another thing different than straight up DPS. The same goes for priest.

A hybred should be a class that does different types of damage, where as warriors and priest do single types of damage. Warriors do mainly physical damage no matter what tree there in, and priest can do magic damage no matter which spec they roll. The only thing that keeps priest and warriors from being good is that one tree completely throws them off the 'pures' list, because of the option that they can do one other job.

Pures should be the class that can do only one type of damage, magical or physical. Paladins, Druids, Death Knights, and Shaman are essentially the real hybreds. They have the option to deal physical damage, magical damage, or both at the same time. Paladins use spells with melee, druids choose between spell or melee, death knights use both magical and physical, and shaman can choose do magical and physical at the same time or completely cast spells.

The real pure classes should be Hunters, Mages, Warriors, Rogues, Warlocks, and Priest. Hunters deal a type of ranged melee damage which is a special source of physical damage, mages deal damage magic completely, rogues are full time melee, and warlocks are complete spell users. A warrior does full time melee, and they are most likely the one class that does physical damage and no other type of damage otherwise. A priest will mainly go shadow to dps, and a priest will only use spells like the rest of the casters.
    You know, a hybrid is a class that does something else then straight up dps. That's exactly what a hybrid is; a class that does something else than just play one role. Like dps. Your lists don't make sense at all.
    Also it's spelled hybrid.

Deleted

Yes, the definition about the "types of damage" ist quite odd. Hunters are hybrids, then? You know, arcane shot...

why on earth would anyone stand in the surge of darkness anyway?

in a mana management fight, you are offered 10 seconds of no damage at all and you stand still to get clobbered?