Flask of endless rage vs Elixir of armor pen

Being that armor pen is a better stat the more you get of it, and ap isn't all that great anymore for feral dps, i'm assuming theres a point where armor pen elixir would be better than flask of endless rage. I'm just curious if anyone knows what that point would be? I've never seen the topic brought up so i figured i'd ask.

Re: Flask of endless rage vs Elixir of armor pen

Never really thought of it that way mate, but conisdering the mats are a hell of a lot cheaper & you could then possibly take a guardian's elixir, i think Guru's elixir counts as one? to +10% all stats - and i think it stacks with MotW & BoK too!
    Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

I think Guru's Elixir is 20% stats but I do believe it is a Guardians Elixir.

I don't know this might be better than a Flask of Endless Rage.

its battle elixir, and 20 stats, not 20%

Quote Originally Posted by badkittykat
    Never really thought of it that way mate, but conisdering the mats are a hell of a lot cheaper & you could then possibly take a guardian's elixir, i think Guru's elixir counts as one? to +10% all stats - and i think it stacks with MotW & BoK too!
    Nah i'm pretty sure guru's isnt a guardians...if it was then strenght + that woulda been better back pre 3.1...But this does bring up a interesting point so i'll do the math.

AP = .61 DPS per point. .61 x 180 = 109.8 DPS

Armor pen = 2.01 x 45 = 90.45 DPS

So no. It's not better.

haha, no need to flame , but yeah I should know better tbh, I have a full level alchemist lol. Anywho, I read one thing about how in a read situation an old level 50 elixir that lasts two hours and counts as a guardian increases movement speed by 20% or something and does stack with other movement imp. effects would be a dps increase just to faster movement between knockbacks/trashmobspulls/boss/enviroment etc. however, that one would be purely situational, so yeah i'll stick with my flasks atm anyways I reckon at least untill they introduce a guardian elixir that would benefit us .
    Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Guru%27s+Elixir

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40076

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=20081
    Wouldn't matter anyway
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=24866
    Its highly unlikely they stack to give you near enough 50% move speed

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=20081
    Wouldn't matter anyway
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=24866
    Its highly unlikely they stack to give you near enough 50% move speed
    I think you will find that it does stack (altho i will check later tonight when im on). The last time i was messing around with how fast i could get my cat form was during last years Halloween event, managed to get my cat upto about 156% normal run speed (which is faster than a pally with crusader aura )

Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal
    Nah i'm pretty sure guru's isnt a guardians...if it was then strenght + that woulda been better back pre 3.1...But this does bring up a interesting point so i'll do the math.

AP = .61 DPS per point. .61 x 180 = 109.8 DPS

Armor pen = 2.01 x 45 = 90.45 DPS

So no. It's not better.
    how do you have a flat rate of "dps per point" for arp when the "dps per point" is a variable?

Quote Originally Posted by badkittykat
    haha, no need to flame , but yeah I should know better tbh, I have a full level alchemist lol. Anywho, I read one thing about how in a read situation an old level 50 elixir that lasts two hours and counts as a guardian increases movement speed by 20% or something and does stack with other movement imp. effects would be a dps increase just to faster movement between knockbacks/trashmobspulls/boss/enviroment etc. however, that one would be purely situational, so yeah i'll stick with my flasks atm anyways I reckon at least untill they introduce a guardian elixir that would benefit us .
    Ha yeah its the ZG ones. From my guide. I never bother to get em cuz i just use flasks

Quote Originally Posted by Omnicia
    how do you have a flat rate of "dps per point" for arp when the "dps per point" is a variable?
    it's an Average. Even if it was higher it would have to be about .7 points higher to be better. It woulda been proven if it was better by now

The 2.01 number for armor penetration is out dated.

It's 1.8 now assuming you're working with Feral Druid BiS gear.

This change was brought about when Blizzard decided to put a cap on Armor Penetration which stopped Armor Penetration from becoming too powerful later on in the game.

Even though the claim was to prevent things later on, it was actually a nerf that could be seen now. Those with Grim Toll (612) + Mjolnir (655) when I believe the cap is 1211 can definitely see how this change affects them.

Because of this change, it's no longer advantageous to use both trinkets while also using a lot of gear/gems with Armor Penetration as you'll suffer a lot in a similar way that you'd see if you were over the hit cap. AKA, +hit beyond the cap does nothing for you.

All that said, because there's a known Armor Penetration cap, even under the best possible scenario, the Armor Penetration Elixir will not compare to the Flask of Endless Rage. Rage is better. You can't get enough Armor Penetration for the Elixir to be better because of the cap.

nvm I see it now.