Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: New fun chaos bolt!

As long as noobs are still wearing PVE gear in battlegrounds I'll be amused by chaos bolt but for any type of arena competition I think it was a tough blow and may make deep affliction more viable for high ratings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    Sum ppl nvr lern engrish...
    Im in your sentences killing your grammarz.

15+ Year Old Account

l l
    l l
    \ /
    v

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji1987
    Let people do whatever the hell they want?

I'm pretty sure every topic get's hijacked by grammar nazi's who allways know best.
    Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo
    Some of us have been alive long enough to watch the depressing language-simplification trend since the advent of the internet/texting. Although -you- may not discuss concepts that require the full power of the language, many of us do. Every time you rail against the so-called "grammar nazi's" [sic], you are declaring to anyone unlucky enough to stumble on your post, "I have nothing interesting to say! I am merely posting to waste your time!"

I hardly think it's unreasonable to expect people to put some minor amount of energy into communicating clearly, given that it's the entire point of a forum. This is not your guild chat.
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

onTopic: Chaos Bolt may not be what Ghostcrawler often refers to as a "go to spell", yet it provides a noticeably harder hitting nuke on a cooldown that will undoubtedly improve a warlocks (PvE) DPS if used properly. For PvP purposes, it provides a formerly unknown utility by being able to pierce through certain effects that your opponents use to protect themselves. It certainly is not the legendary "I win button" - and it was never intended to be. Moreover, the PvE advantage of a lower casting time while still hitting harder on average than Incinerate is quite useful in PvP, as well, since it increases the casters mobility.

Alltogether, I don't see any real reason to complain about Chaos Bolt, actually it's one of the rather useful 51 pointers, and Ghostcrawler has (rightfully!) stated the futility of comparing one 51 pointer to another over and over again. It's the overall talent tree that matters, not a single talent.

P.S.: Sorry, I can't resist the temptation: English is not my native language. I've learned it at school, I've never spent more than two days in an english speaking country. Yet, I at least try to put some effort into my posts to make them intelligible to those far more apt at speaking english than I am. I know that my grammar is off sometimes, that I'm using the wrong words on many occasions and don't get me started on my punctuation - but I at least try to get it right.

P.S.: Sorry, I can't resist the temptation: English is not my native language. I've learned it at school, I've never spent more than two days in an english speaking country. Yet, I at least try to put some effort into my posts to make them intelligible to those far more apt at speaking english than I am. I know that my grammar is off sometimes, that I'm using the wrong words on many occasions and don't get me started on my punctuation - but I at least try to get it right.
    This. English isn't a difficult language to learn, if you're willing to put a little effort in it. It pains me to see mistakes like "Put on you're glasses if you can't read it." You're instead of your, where instead of we're, etc. Leads me to believe people have never had English classes?

Anyway, on topic: I stopped playing pvp on my warlock altogether. I rolled it because affliction seemed like a fun pvp-spec back in vanilla, and it has always been my favourite spec to play, but these days it just doesn't feel worth it anymore. The CB fix only adds to this.
    “I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."”
    -Emo Phillips

I find spelling police nearly as annoying as people who can't spell.
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgie
    This. English isn't a difficult language to learn, if you're willing to put a little effort in it. It pains me to see mistakes like "Put on you're glasses if you can't read it." You're instead of your, where instead of we're, etc. Leads me to believe people have never had English classes?
    Well my native language is English, and i can't speak any other language.
    I think expecting people whose native language isn't English to be perfect English talkers and writers is a bit harsh tbh.

Imagine raiding, even raid leading in a langugae that isn't your own.
    I bet you couldn't do it, and i don't see why you think it's expected everyone else can do it.

Some people can do it, this just makes them cleverer than the people that can't.

Go do some raid leading in French, or Spanish, or Mexican, or Swedish and see just how far you get. When you've tried this maybe you'll give people that do actually raid lead in their secondary language just a little bit more credit

Quote Originally Posted by dsswoosh
    I think expecting people whose native language isn't English to be perfect English talkers and writers is a bit harsh tbh.

I bet you couldn't do it, and i don't see why you think it's expected everyone else can do it.

Some people can do it, this just makes them cleverer than the people that can't.

Go do some raid leading in French, or Spanish, or Mexican, or Swedish and see just how far you get. When you've tried this maybe you'll give people that do actually raid lead in their secondary language just a little bit more credit
    HELL YEAH! Take that, you bloody colonial BASTARDS!
    PS: Make chaos bolt insta cast! Make locks overpowered again! Just a thought uh

Or I can stick to raiding on a server dedicated to the language I am proficient with, and I can expect everyone else in the raid to be able to communicate in the English language, too.

Likewise, I can post on an English speaking forum and be justified in asking that others do the same. If you are not able to communicate effectively, be that due to ineptitude or apathy, you should find another forum better suited to your linguistic abilities.

To the topic: Chaos Bolt is still a DPS increase in PvE and PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinner
    This forum should have an IQ test upon registering...

So many people like OP here, dumb, clueless, wasting forum space for random rants, whines and bitching...
    If this were true, there would be no reason for the hunter forums. I guess all non-hunters could post there about the stupid/funny/ridiculous things that they saw a hunter do.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

I agree with you, but... Mexican is not a language.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgie
    English isn't my native language indeed. But, if you are english you think english, if you are not english you need to switch to thinking english. This isn't very easy for the human brain... When this switch is made, and you're trying to type a english sentence as fast as you would normally type a sentence in your native language then review it and see what kind of errors you made. It's the errors you mentioned above..

Why is this? Cause There, They're and Their all sound the same in your head when you are writing them down.. Same goes voor right and write, you're and your etc etc etc..

Hope i cleared that one out now for all you english people. When someone tries hard to write it the best he can, and people know where he's talking about.. Then where's all the fuzz about?

People are just being picky. Health cargos aside, I think it's been a while since I've seen someone post and really couldn't figure out what they are saying. Bottom line is you're all wrong and right. Being able to communicate efficiently in a moments notice is essential for a raid, but not a forum. So someone uses the wrong tense; I.E they're/their/rode/road.. then who cares? Unless your understanding of the language is so bad that you cannot figure out what they are trying to say there isn't a problem with a few spelling mistakes, grammatical mistakes or anything else.. this is a forum not an English exam. There is only one thing that I can't stand people doing in this respect, and that's x8. M8, str8, gr8.. NO! 8 Is not a letter

Also, to whoever said "not everyone has english as native language and they can at least speak more then 1 language witch cant be said about most englishmen that only can speak english." - Logically the only language that would actually prove beneficial for native English speakers to learn would be Chinese, as (to my knowledge) it's the only language spoken more.. and to tell you the truth I'm not entierly sure how true that is these days. You learn English because in the modern world you would be at a disadvantage if you did not learn it. Maybe not to a gigantic degree, but alot of things world wide are pretty exclusivly communicated in English.. or standard English, French, German or Spanish. [Edit - I mean this on a day to day basis, because obviously learning every language ever used would be beneficial, I can't actually think of many times i've thought to myself.. "Damn, i wish I spoke swahili"]

Lastly "I hardly think it's unreasonable to expect people to put some minor amount of energy into communicating clearly, given that it's the entire point of a forum" : Maybe you have a point in a perfect world. This isn't a perfect world - deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eboncor
    Or I can stick to raiding on a server dedicated to the language I am proficient with, and I can expect everyone else in the raid to be able to communicate in the English language, too.

Likewise, I can post on an English speaking forum and be justified in asking that others do the same. If you are not able to communicate effectively, be that due to ineptitude or apathy, you should find another forum better suited to your linguistic abilities.

To the topic: Chaos Bolt is still a DPS increase in PvE and PvE.
    Are you American by any chance?

Americans seem to have this in built "thing" in their system where everyone else has to be the same. It's really sad. You should respect and enjoy people that they have different cultures, not force a McDonalds into everyone's hometown, if you catch my drift.

For the most part, almost every post here is reasonably understandable. WoW is a game played by those from different nationalities. Get over yourself and accept it.

On topic: No more Mactruck-CBs, some like it, some dont...

Offtopic: Being from Finland, can of course finnish, semifluent swedish (our bloody second official language, what the hell >:|), basics of russia and couple sentences in french, german and japanise...

Though we shouldnt either forget the part of the englishmen that cant speak or write even their own bloody language seen plenty of those also...
    An opinion is a subjective statement or thought about an issue or topic, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. An opinion may be supported by an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. However, it can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analysing the supporting arguments.

An opinion may be the result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, and desires. In casual use, the term opinion may refer to unsubstantiated information, in contrast to knowledge and fact-based beliefs.

Look, we understand that it isn't an English exam, and we understand that you might not be a native speaker. We aren't going to hop on you for a comma splice, or mixing up your and you're. But for the love of god, put down the cutsie abbreviations. 2 is not two, to or too. Stop. Spell it out, it is an additional 2 keystrokes, and a post full of lol leetspeak is just annoying as hell. Just hit the extra keys.

Secondly, we aren't grammar nazis. We are more like grammar Amsterdam Police Department. We will overlook a lot until you force us to say something (against our will) by just being over the top.

Third, if your post is immediately savaged by anal retentive grammar APD (Amsterdam Police Department) chances are that it was a post that would have been stupid even if it was perfect grammar. People are much more willing to let bad spelling slide if the post itself isn't worthless.

That being said, there are limits. Even Einstein couldn't get away with "ZOMFG, E=mc^2 lolz nuks are OP nerfplz kthx."

Quote Originally Posted by Eboncor
    If you are not able to communicate effectively, be that due to ineptitude or apathy, you should find another forum better suited to your linguistic abilities.
    Open you mind poor man, you're not alone in this place called earth... You should find another forum better suited to your open-mindedness abilities...

The irony of the post above me is overwhelming.

[Edit - Err the one above the one above me]

Quote Originally Posted by burek
    well if you barely know english, trying to speak in it makes you look as a retard...

no offense, english is not my native language, but ive read tons of applications to my guild from people that can barely speak it and it looks like they are from some mental institution...

if you cant speak the language dont expect to be treated well, from anyone, ever.. i can give you an example.. our country has a 'king', a guy whose ancestors were rulers during the monarchy period, they escaped from the country later, (that was ages ago), he was born somewhere in foreign lands, he can barely speak our language... do you think anyone cares about him? (even if he has some rights to the 'throne')... nobody gives a fuck, everyone mocks him for being such a retard, barely knowing a few words..

well maybe a weird example, but im sick of those 'im smart but my english sucks' people.. its like the easiest language plus its everywhere.. internet, movies, whatever

about the topic..

dont qq about chaos bolt, its the only spell that has 'green fire', the thing you are all whining about
    Just because I'm curious... Greece?

Edit: typos