Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: MLG Columbus WoW 3v3 Tournament - Day 1

Ive tried with ff ie and chrome. does not work at all. this stream player is garbage

working fine here on chrome

I've been trying to run the stream since last night. I've tried all 3 browsers I have - Chrome, Firefox and IE 8.

Octoshape is installed and says "Playing". I tried reinstalling it a million times. I only have the normal Windows XP Firewall, and I've made sure it allows Octoshape to use the Internet... and I've even had the firewall down for the past couple of hours.

No crazy anti-virus program.

Yet - the stream does not work. It says "MLG Live Stream, Now Loading..." and that's as far as it goes. It loads news, the Live Blog on the side... but doesn't load the stream.

I've updated all video players I have, Shockwave and Flash, and everything else that I can think of.

Does anyone have any idea what the hell is causing the stream to not show at all?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rains
    I've been trying to run the stream since last night. I've tried all 3 browsers I have - Chrome, Firefox and IE 8.

Octoshape is installed and says "Playing". I tried reinstalling it a million times. I only have the normal Windows XP Firewall, and I've made sure it allows Octoshape to use the Internet... and I've even had the firewall down for the past couple of hours.

No crazy anti-virus program.

Yet - the stream does not work. It says "MLG Live Stream, Now Loading..." and that's as far as it goes. It loads news, the Live Blog on the side... but doesn't load the stream.

I've updated all video players I have, Shockwave and Flash, and everything else that I can think of.

Does anyone have any idea what the hell is causing the stream to not show at all?

I couldn't get it working until I installed the latest version of Adobe Flash Player... But meh, if you've done all those updates I'm not sure what there is left you can do if you haven't got it working yet =/

that plug in on the front page is seriously obnoxious.

Can't you just link to the content instead of forcing us to avoid it?

Nevermind, I just forgot to have no script active on your site.

Still, seriously obnoxious.

Quazal

GO SK-GAMING!

Alliance just need to show their power..!

Deleted

is it just me, or is the feed really bad and slow?

The feed stream loads for 10 seconds, then cuts and restart loading again, and 10 sec of viewing again, then stops, reloading.

I thought it might be due to the massive people trying to connect to see it aswell, or is it only me? cause I'm really annoyed and i would like to watch =(

thanks.

I'm not going to blame you for the front page, as I don't get bothered by it at all.

Being a PvE player myself, and really really casual at PvP, I decided to watch some of the games here, and I really don't understand who on this planet though that World of Warcraft is a great spectator game to be broadcast around. If you're not playing the game you don't know a single thing what going on on the screen. Even I and my wife have problems understanding everything whats going on at the same time.

The Blizzard UI or whatever is used there for the spectators is really abysmal at best too, and the whole presentation of the game as a whole. Let's just put it that way; There are certain aspects that could be fixed to make it more enjoyable, for example identifying the player and teams better on the spectator UI, not having players wear nearly the same colored flags could be a start, especially for people like me who are a little colorblind. But that's up to Blizzard so no point discussing this here.

Another thing, those matches are so short, once you get into it, it's already over. I know how things go in WoW, and this is what it is, but seriously how can this entertain anyone is beyond me. Basically what I was watching the past hour or so was 10 minutes of gameplay and 50 minutes of commercials or staring at the desks of players - and come to think that someone might want to pay to see this is really beyond me.

WoW is a fine game, it's decently competitive, but I had seriously more fun watching Gears of War or Halo 3 yesterday for 5 minutes each as the one hour spent on this WoW cast.

But that's not dissing the tournament, organizers and casters, great job done there, I just think, WoW isn't for this kind of stuff (spectator wise).

Cheers,

Re: MLG Colombus WoW 3v3 Tournament - Day 1

Quote Originally Posted by Weenietot
    Jesus christ, get this shit off the main page. I can't even do anything on the main page because I'm forced to install this Octoshape addon. When I click No thanks, it just takes me to the EULA and nothing else. I either close the window or go back and have the same page-encompassing popup to install the addon. As Shinshiva said, link it, don't shove it in our faces. If this is going to go on all weekend, looks like I'll avoid this site like the plague until Monday.
    //sign

Quote Originally Posted by Weenietot
    Jesus christ, get this shit off the main page. I can't even do anything on the main page because I'm forced to install this Octoshape addon. When I click No thanks, it just takes me to the EULA and nothing else. I either close the window or go back and have the same page-encompassing popup to install the addon. As Shinshiva said, link it, don't shove it in our faces. If this is going to go on all weekend, looks like I'll avoid this site like the plague until Monday.

And it's ColUmbus, not Colombus.

Quote Originally Posted by pilch

And it's ColUmbus, not Colombus.
    /signed.

mmo-champion 'forget' to mention that this a P2P app, so if you use it say goodbye to your bandwidth... they're using intrusive advertising *and* they're too cheap to pay for their own bandwidth. One or the other, not both.

Personally I won't install such apps on principle. If you want to use my bandwidth pay me for it. Don't use underhanded tricks to steal it.

Deleted

Why wont the full screen work?!

what keyboard did SK gaming say they were using and liked?

Quote Originally Posted by Mibos
    what keyboard did SK gaming say they were using and liked?
    Keyboard: http://shop.steelseries.com/index.ph...series-7g.html
    Mouse: http://shop.steelseries.com/index.ph...ari-laser.html
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet.

thank you sir

PLEASE get this off the front page. I'm begging you. I'm about to take MMO-C off my quicklinks because I can't visit without my browser almost crashing.