Poll: Do you use Sunder Armor when theres no warrior tank?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Sunder Armor as DPS Warrior

If the MT isnt a warrior, and no other warriors in the raid use it, then yes you should.
    It helps the raid's dps, at a slight cost to your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    Its not all about personal dps.
    It is when determining who should sunder. I believe, and always will, that the 20% armor debuff should be on any boss target. My post was about which class would suffer a less personal DPS loss to maintain the debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Logabas
    It is when determining who should sunder. I believe, and always will, that the 20% armor debuff should be on any boss target. My post was about which class would suffer a less personal DPS loss to maintain the debuff.
    Cometant Rogue > Competant dps warrior in dps. Therefore on just about every fight that isn't some type of gimmick, warriors should be sundering the target up.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Sunders only gimp your DPS in the first couple of seconds until you get a 5-stack up, after that its such a huge increase which is completely necessary.

Even with a warrior MT/OT, the smoothest way to do it is to have the rest of the warriors still throw up at least 1-2 sunders so there are 5 up asap. After that, it is usually the tanks job to keep them up with devastate unless the stack falls off. Also, sunder is the better of the 2 after it is fully stacked, so rogues should never be putting up expose armor unless they are the only ones who can.

A good warrior will also keep up any shouts that aren't covered by another class already. We have too many beneficial utilities to not use them.

Thunderclap and rend are NOT good to keep up unless you are already in a stance that uses them. That stance dancing will kill your DPS.

Ok first of all I have been a warrior for Several years and have spent a lot of time playing all 3 specs

In the case the tank is not a warrior

Arms
    Sunder Always
    Demo if the tank is not a druid
    Thunderclap if there is not a paladin judging justice or a Frost Dk as a tank

Fury
    Sunder Always
    Demo if the tank is not a druid or if you have improved Demo
    Thunderclap = never do it its a huge loss in dps

Ps keeping sunder up is not hard after you get the first 5 stacks up you only need to use the ability once every 30 seconds plenty of space and rage for both arms/fury warriors to fit this into there rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump
    Ok first of all I have been a warrior for Several years and have spent a lot of time playing all 3 specs

In the case the tank is not a warrior

Arms
    Sunder Always
    Demo if the tank is not a druid
    Thunderclap if there is not a paladin judging justice or a Frost Dk as a tank

Fury
    Sunder Always
    Demo if the tank is not a druid or if you have improved Demo
    Thunderclap = never do it its a huge loss in dps

Ps keeping sunder up is not hard after you get the first 5 stacks up you only need to use the ability once every 30 seconds plenty of space and rage for both arms/fury warriors to fit this into there rotation.
    All tanks have the thunderclap slow debuff, or they do if they're not idiots. Unless you're tanking, thunderclap should only be used when there are enough targets that it's decent damage/global.

TC is just useful when you have a tank who's debuff affects just one target and he's tanking a group.
    As an Arms-warrior that would be the moment where helping tank & healers and the dmage done are worth it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

I always sunder, TC and demo shout as Arms warrior, but then again, my mainspec is protection. So it just feels like I am slacking if those debuffs are not on. Yeah, I do slack on hc bosses, where I just put up Sunder when there is no proc available, but then again, it all dies just way too fast - not really point in putting up sunders to 5 stacks to execute once and loot

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    If the MT isnt a warrior, and no other warriors in the raid use it, then yes you should.
    It helps the raid's dps, at a slight cost to your own.
    That's what you don't understand...

It actually INCREASES your own DPS too, unlike for rogues, unless the target dies less than 2 minutes after your 5th stack is up, or your stacks fall off 2 minutes after you put them up. (information acquired on a heroic target dummy as a fury warrior).

I wish the sunder glyph let us put 2 stacks on the target like the devastate glyph!