Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: mana burn out of date?

Quote Originally Posted by Nanite
    I trust your a gladiator and i trust you are skilled, though i must say if you get druids to innervate without barskin up, and they are competeing against glads. then i will transfer to your BG in a second. Any match 1900+ a druid wont innervate without a barksin up and your fiend will get you ~4k mana, your not going to win a mana war. mana burn is a fine tool now i just feel like the mana cost should coincide with its effectiveness and the recent nerfs warrent that adjustment.
    As I said above, all you have to do is forcing them to blow barskin as survival ability Altho ofc. it all depends on comp you play, gear of your partner and what you face and many many factors so I kinda agree that sometimes it feels useless to burn druid.
    Agreed the druid shouldn't be let to drink but, you wont kill a druid in a stun lock in tree form, A druid will never be out of tree form if he can be stunned. Sorry.
    Again many factors come to play And about killing druid in stun, with my partner I sometimes manage to kill druid in single stun (hoj in that case, playing with full pve geared ret faceroll comp go go if they dont pop barskin, and talking about good druids here not randoms from 1800 bracket :P So yeah it all depends on situation.
    Edit: Also just as wise posters above me say, its surely great to force enemy healer to go defensive, LOS etc, and sometimes it actually works to bait interrupt if enemy dps panics "OH NOEZ HE IZ GUNNA MAKE MY HEALER OOM I GOTTA INTERRUPT!!!" and uses it on mana burn. However in most situations good dps shouldnt do that :P

I guess you have better luck getting druids to barkskin than me, but for me a unprotected innervate is once in a blue moon. Also as priest rogue you dont have the luxury of a full pve geared ret pally to repentance a druid from 30 yards away come over stun him and then proceed to poke a few more holes in him.
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

O well, with rogue as a team mate it indeed is harder:P and btw if druid sits all teh time in Tree Form then it means he doesnt play offensively and doesn't cc so it can lead you to easy win

Quote Originally Posted by Shockk
    Either change your horrid style of presentation or don't bitch when people criticize you for it.

If you played 650 games this season and still have to ask about mana burn ... sigh. Can't really believe you're serious, but here we go:

Mana burn is one of your best tools. Period. It can force enemy healers into defensive positions and healing range issues. Regardless of enemy class, burning always is an option. If you completely ignore mana burn just because the enemy healer is a paladin or a druid you're thoughtlessly throwing away your options. It may not be optimal to do so, but it can be useful. Said paladin or druid for example doesn't neccessarily know about the spell's ineffectivness against their class and they might still be forced behind a pillar and thus out of range for healing their partner.

But then again, if you know all these things you're just here to either brag or insult/annoy people. I see no other reason for coming here, asking questions which answers you already know and then bitching at the people who are stupid enough to actually reply to your miserably written post.
    Shouldnt u be in bed kid?

I ask in PRIEST forum to hear others opinon about MB if its worth to spec imp etc. and I see nothing wrong to be "bitch" to somone who talk like he know something about this but dont play priest and think blessed recovery is OP... ppl like him and YOU that dont know shit should just read and think " I got nothing to say about this" and move on and let somone that does, help me and others.

that guy didnt know a shit about priest, just like you.
    imp MB isnt a "MOST HAVE" talent imo. but Im not 100% sure of that and did want to hear from ppl that are better then me what they think.

not like you "If you played 650 games this season and still have to ask about mana burn ... sigh. Can't really believe you're serious"

well if mana burn is something that is so good that u are a retard if u dont have imp mana burn then why does players like hydra( ppl say his one of the best priest) dont have it imp MB spec in one of his spec for the MLG tournament?

sorry for this but damn hate all does who just have to say something but they shouldnt. and maybe there is other players that think that ppl like they guy who think blessed recovery is OP are right and listen to him.

Im not say that its stupid to spec imp mana burn. but Its not retarded to not spec it imo. but does ppl who say "mana burn is the best spell you blabla" I think they dont know much about priest/the other classes now days.

maybe Im wrong..thats what I wanna know but I wount trust ppl that dont even play a priest.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Tixwi

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Mnem%C3%AEc

Oh and Hydra didn't specc it for MLG tournament this year because it wasn't anything really good for 3s, mana burn is great for 2s but it isnt that much of use for 3s, basicly 3s is to bursty to use it, its better to go and help your partner dps then stand and mana burn. Also when they started playing dual healer + rog I belive he took it

Did I say you had to spec into Imp MB? No. Did I say it was a useful tool? Yes. All you did was throwing around words like "retarded".
    Did I come here randomly insulting people from the first post on? No. Did you? Yes.

Regardless of what people answered you, regardless of their kind of feedback, you just respond by insulting, flaming, calling them idiots and arguing that they probably don't even play priests.

sorry for this but damn hate all does who just have to say something but they shouldnt
    Maybe you should apply this to yourself. Get some manners. All you do here is e-raging and showing what a smartass and know-it-all you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadrest
    Oh and Hydra didn't specc it for MLG tournament this year because it wasn't anything really good for 3s, mana burn is great for 2s but it isnt that much of use for 3s, basicly 3s is to bursty to use it, its better to go and help your partner dps then stand and mana burn. Also when they started playing dual healer + rog I belive he took it
    Yea I know MB its better for 2v2 but did just say that to the ppl that think MB its some OP spell that we can just run around and spam all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockk
    Did I come here randomly insulting people from the first post on? No.
    yes that was just what u did...you did say that my question was usless in your first post etc.

and again I did wanna hear what PRIESTS(did post in in priest forum not arena) didn think about mana burn /imp mana burn.

if more ppl then me have start to think a second time before they spec imp mana burn.
    I think ppl have, and u did say its a usless question and its not.

and the reason why u think its a usless question is coz u dont know a shit about this...

do u even play priest? go to your paladin or DK forum, guess its there u should be.

Really sad what internet anonymity can do to people. Re-read your very first post. Maybe you'll understand my first response. Judging from your behaviour, though, I'm quite sure you lack the patience or the insight to grasp what I was referring to.

By the way, I'm playing 2s and 3s with the same team setup you are and with about the same number of games played overall and similar rating. Believe it or not - I do have a certain idea what I'm talking about.

ehh dont start to talk about something else.

so u where trying to be nice by saying that my post is usless? oh right.

and first of all this was about mana burn in general..if ppl still use it much etc.

and you still trying to say more or less that its stupid to not spec imp mana burn since u say its a very good ability etc and to use it decent u need to spec imp MB.

But no its not, in 3v3 I dont know or care what ppl say and most dont disagree with me that imp mana burn isnt good in 3v3..maybe with some setups.

but u sure did "to ask about mana burn ... sigh. Can't really believe you're serious"

usually HF is a better choice... otherwise you a shit player.
    Tell me who's the shit player when your Holy Fire gets interrupted and you have ZERO heals to fall back on, and your only damage spells either have cooldowns (and one of those hits you!), or are non-burst DoTs? (And hey, DP is both!)

Mind Blast is usually a better choice. Just thought I'd clear that up, thanks.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

if only priests had some ways to prevent upcoming dmg ...

oh wait

On my Human Priest that's 60/11/0 mana burn is a great tool to make people LoS and setup a kill. On my Undead I'm going 37 Holy/ 34 Disc and I find mana burn to be horrible compared to HF Smite Spam with Searing light / surge of light / Glyph of Smite in terms of putting pressure on Druids, Pallys, and Shamans. Tipically I play it as double Dps with my Surv Hunter with great CC and sexy MS. Sadly Disc/anything is pretty much a counter since they mana burn which is great for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Tell me who's the shit player when your Holy Fire gets interrupted and you have ZERO heals to fall back on, and your only damage spells either have cooldowns (and one of those hits you!), or are non-burst DoTs? (And hey, DP is both!)

Mind Blast is usually a better choice. Just thought I'd clear that up, thanks.
    I like HoF more then MB and I do either most when we nuke a DPS and the healer is CC and then I play very bad if I get interupt since my rogue is on the target and got him stune most of the time or atleast got poison on him.

What do prot pallies have that make them bad mana burn targets? Thanks in advance.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    What do prot pallies have that make them bad mana burn targets? Thanks in advance.
    100% uptime on divine plea if they choose to.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

In 2v2 imp mana burn is a great tool to have when used correctly. It applies tons of pressure to any caster class espically when they are close low and you can get two or three off with PI. IMHO for twos its a pretty mandatory talent even though it seems lackluster at times, but when used correctly will win you more fights than 2 points anywhere else.

mana burn is fun, priests oom theirself that way and i just run around a pillar inervate 100% mana priest 0% then just cyclone the pet = win