Thread: Kologarn

Kologarn

Why is my WWS report saying that Kologarn's Focused Eyebeam is Arcane Damage...is it not Nature?

Re: Kologran

probably because the eye beam is arcane damage?

i don't get it... is it supposed to be impossible for a boss to do more than one type of damage?

Re: Kologarn

hmm...NO. Tool tip says that its Nature. However, WWS and In-game damage says Arcane. So which is it?

Effect School Damage (Arcane)
    Value: 3238 to 3762
    Radius: 3 yards

So yeh they fucked up the tooltip and or effect, ./care ?
    http://i35.tinypic.com/10s7i3q.jpg
    (Signature too large, sorry! - Dinnerbone)

why does it even matter ?

dont stand in it, then you wont take arcane damage

Quote Originally Posted by Vokar
    why does it even matter ?

dont stand in it, then you wont take arcane damage
    Thiiiis...

If you're dying because of people in eye beams...

Quote Originally Posted by Sam
    Thiiiis...

If you're dying because of people in eye beams...
    Exactly...

If you wipe on kologarn you should probably uninstall wow followed up by throwing your PC out the window followed up by shooting yourself in the face with a horse tranq

Some of you people just can't answer a question, can you?

And it always cracks me up when someone who hasn't actually learned to type tries to tell someone else to learn to play WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by AbandonHope
    If you wipe on kologarn you should probably uninstall wow followed up by throwing your PC out the window followed up by shooting yourself in the face with a horse tranq
    And why did you feel that this post was helpful? Why did you even take the time out of your what appears to be a worthless life to even bother? /facepalm

The reason why some will troll to this is because the implication of what you are asking is that your raid is wiping on kologarn, and also that there may be a chance your all standing around in nature resist gear wondering why the eye beam is killing you.

you could in theory get lots of arcane resist gear and hope for the best, however most raids just run away from the beams being careful not to run into anyone else. This way you have maximum dps and maximum healing and most likely a better chance of taking down the boss without gimping your stats with resistance gear.

I'm not trying to put you down, or insult anyone - my raid comm has wiped on kologarn heroic many times, I dont think there are many uber hardcore guilds/comms that would seriously claim to have never wiped on such a boss ever.

now instead of saying this I could have come into the thread and been all like : "lol qq noob, L2P!" but I felt the statement lacked clarity.

Thanks, but no we're not standing around in Resist gear whether it be Nature or Arcane and yes we do run out when the eyebeams come down. I didn't think that my question implicated anything other than my WWS report was saying one thing and the game Tool tips says another, I didn't think that is was that difficult of an answer to get but I guess my asking to much from the WoW community. But thanks for your help Spoonerism, most helpful answer thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrdoxe
    just go 123 win with a ret n u shud be fine tbh
    This made me smile
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

I'm honestly frightened by what is taking place on the BlizzCon forum.

It's frost damage. The easiest way to kill Kologarn is to have a druid MT, and when he casts his eye beams, have the druid run around and get hit by each one.

This will despawn the beams.

Clearly the damage is arcane since that what the combat log says, clearly the tooltip says nature. Were you hoping for a game dev to come on here and tell you which school was intended? If you don't wanna get trolled don't ask stupid questions.

people would rather take the time to type paragraphs of insults and flames than just typing "arcane"

I find this hilarious.

I'm sure 99% of the people posting here that have done Kologarn have no idea what school the eye beams are, because only baddies get hit by them. It's not like the floor where the beam is hitting has a big "ARCANE" or "NATURE" text tag.

It would take people more effort to tell him what kind of damage it is than to flame. If it was an interesting question that could actually help someone such as, "what does your guild do when someone has the eye beam focusing them?", then that would warrant an actual answer. The answer to this would be "Run straight away from Kologarn."

See the difference in these questions? One motivates people to answer nicely with a helpful answer, and the other motivates people to answer with something along the lines of, "who cares?".

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik
    I'm sure 99% of the people posting here that have done Kologarn have no idea what school the eye beams are, because only baddies get hit by them.
    http://www.wowprogress.com/achievement/2956

Looks like the whole world is quite bad. I don't see your very fantastic guild name there neither.
    Troll.

My guild is pretty decent, thanks.

Just because 1 person out of 25 is an idiot and doesn't move doesn't mean that everybody in the guild is.

Anyway, my post wasn't about people standing in eye beams. It was about how worthless questions won't get worthwhile answers, while good questions will get good answers.

I think that one person is you.