Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: In-Game Fixes, Vindication Talent Change, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheDesertDragon
    Hello!

A bracket is a bracket as in 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5.
    Low brackets = 2v2 and 3v3, particularly 2v2.

I don't really think it means "bad rated".
    no lower brackets means lower rating teams. in 2s, 3s, and 5s. though i dont belive they use fives for anything balance oriented.

Hello!

It doesn't matter what you "think" because you are wrong. GC's post is very straight forward. He is comparing RATINGS as in 2500 Ret sucks and 1300 Ret owns. Not BRACKETS as in 2s, 3s, 5s.

redign iz hurd

Quote Originally Posted by Ufalah
    It doesn't matter what you "think" because you are wrong. GC's post is very straight forward. He is comparing RATINGS as in 2500 Ret sucks and 1300 Ret owns. Not BRACKETS as in 2s, 3s, 5s.

redign iz hurd
    Whatever man. Best players in the world, whom I talk to every day, are also getting facerolled by Retripaladins. Screw the details of his justification.

Not neccesarily bad ones all of them up there, but there are more terrible players than anyone, except the paladins of course, would like.

Re: Vindication Talent Change, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by HotsPal
    I agree with the nerf, absolutely. It is a huge step in the right direction. A large part of WotLK's PvP has been and is about absolutely retarded burst, and pretty much every single time it's come up there's been a paladin involved somehow. This is because the healthpools in WotLK are already extremely small compared to the healing/damage, and what Vindication does is making it even ****ing smaller. This spell was fine in TBC but now it's just bad for the game.

Also, JoJ is a snare, particularly for a feral druid. I don't care about all your weird definitions of "doesn't go below 100%, isn't considered a snare by our shifting mechanic bla bla bla"
    FACT: My movement speed is slowed. I cannot get out of it. You move faster than me when I have it on and you have BoF on or just haven't been mangled yet. It is a snare, and you will NEVER convince me otherwise. It makes the enemy move slower so you can catch up (you have increased movement speed) and it prevents enemies from fleeing. It's that simple.

Your swingtimer is usually around 3 seconds, so you do in fact have that exact global cooldown you're looking for in between your swingtimerlolbursts.

Also, I'd like to see you kill a retri pala as a feral. Usually it goes like this:
    Berserk, Open, Hand of Freedom, pala spins around and does HoJ. If I don't trinket, I will now lose 50% of my HP. If I do trinket, I can maybe make him use his bubble. Then he heals to full and applies JoJ so I can't run away. Then he does a new HoJ and kills me off.

Great fun.

I do not hate those burst classes because it isn't random and I have a chance to foresee it. They all have some sort of buildup. Paladins have no buildup whatsoever. They just run up to you and start doing retarded damage instantly - maybe taking that little break to apply JoJ.

You are correct it isn't reliable, and that's exactly what's wrong with it and the retribution paladin spec as a whole. THe reason I agree with this nerf is because it makes that random burst far less fatal so now they'll actually have to use HoJ and Repetence intelligently when their burst does happen. It's not good, but it's better.

EDIT: Allow me to say that after the nerf to Paladins the pacing of the gameplay has gone down significantly in battlegrounds. Just that. As long as there is a paladin to reduce my HP, the WotLK-lolburst settles in right there for me. I'm pretty happy about this.

rofl could this guy be any more biased? hes basing his entire knowledge on pallys around the fact that he cant beat them as a feral druid.

i guess having interupts, hots, stealth, roots, stuns, and cyclone, isnt helpful when you fail at ur character and just get kited by a pally walking backwards.
    The reason why there is so much burst in WOTLK is because back in BC there used to be arena matches that took almost hours and ppl would just leave or give up cause they took forever,so blizz thought that if they made more burst games would end quicker,and yes..they do end rather quick in a very retarded way,not the best solution to make arena games end quicker,not that it should even be a problem,they should've just kept it the way they had it in BC.Back where people had time to react and come up with a strategy and just took waaaaay more skill than it does now.

Hello!

EDIT:
    You mean the HoT's that heal for like 400 a tick and confumes 1/6th of my mana pool?
    The roots you can dispel?
    The stealth you negate by simply making the opening stun not matter?
    The Cyclone you can easily trinket, interrupt or outrange?

Shut up and get a clue about my character before you tell me I can't play it.
    400 a tick for 20 seconds? yawn...
    omg i dispelld your roots, oh wait you have another one that is instant cast while staying in form...
    since when are pallys immune to ur opening stun? zzz...
    and thats right. i forgot pallys are full of interrupts and long range attacks...no wonder they are raping you. they just stay at 30 yards and face roll you...

LOL?

Whatever man. Best players in the world, whom I talk to every day, are also getting facerolled by Retripaladins. Screw the details of his justification.

Not neccesarily bad ones all of them up there, but there are more terrible players than anyone, except the paladins of course, would like.
    I almost didn't want to type anything and just quote that bullshit you wrote there. But instead, I wrote this.

LOL a Feral Druid complaining about burst! GTFO

Quote Originally Posted by Belenus

hes complaining about burst AND feral druids inability to KILL a ret pally because he cant CATCH him apparently....which one is more amusing LOL?

This a good news for the twink community

The Cyclone you can easily trinket, interrupt or outrange?
    Wait a minute... there´s CC that are difficult to trinket?

I must get one of those

"Hotspal" you are actually letting feral druids get off a Regrowth?
    20 second heal... two second cast... lol

"omg i dispelld your roots, oh wait you have another one that is instant cast while staying in form..."
    and, duh, you can dispel the second "in form" roots too... or is it too much work opening your spellbook again to find your cleanse button, since it's clearly not hot keyed if it's that much of an issue for you.

he also didn't say you were immune to the stun, he said the opening stun is made to not even matter... I know it's hard to figure out the difference... :

with each one of your posts I'm laughing harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Belenus
    and that is the icing on this cake of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahnameblah
    "Hotspal" you are actually letting feral druids get off a Regrowth?
    20 second heal... two second cast... lol

"omg i dispelld your roots, oh wait you have another one that is instant cast while staying in form..."
    and, duh, you can dispel the second "in form" roots too... or is it too much work opening your spellbook again to find your cleanse button, since it's clearly not hot keyed if it's that much of an issue for you.

he also didn't say you were immune to the stun, he said the opening stun is made to not even matter... I know it's hard to figure out the difference... :

with each one of your posts I'm laughing harder.

and that is the icing on this cake of humor.
    again. the druids problem is that he cant kill a retpally because of the movement impairment of joj. im trying to teach him how to use his skills. i think he just wants to stand in place and combo finish combo finish dead.

god forbid if he had to use cat form feral charge or swiftness or any of his ccs.

how about if your a feral druid dying to ret pallys who are using kiting to kill you...you should reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Poins
    Actually, it's pretty easy to avoid it, considering it isn't a snare.

Read tooltip ftw.
    I'm just using the terminology of who I was responding to. Regardless of what you want to call its effect, JoJ is not easily avoided and always ends with you moving slower than the paladin who judged it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushin
    I'm just using the terminology of who I was responding to. Regardless of what you want to call its effect, JoJ is not easily avoided and always ends with you moving slower than the paladin who judged it.
    For God's sake he's running 15% faster, you´re running at normal speed.

Snare? NO

Quote Originally Posted by HotsPal
    400 a tick for 20 seconds? yawn...
    omg i dispelld your roots, oh wait you have another one that is instant cast while staying in form...
    since when are pallys immune to ur opening stun? zzz...
    and thats right. i forgot pallys are full of interrupts and long range attacks...no wonder they are raping you. they just stay at 30 yards and face roll you...

LOL?
    /facepalm

Ok, so you dispelled my roots. I apply new roots. Oh wait, immune/dispel them also. Very useful.
    And they are not immune to it, they just use HoF to get out of it instantly which, by the way, makes the aforementioned roots useless as well for a short duration.
    I will never get to 30 yard range of you due to JoJ which means you run faster than I ever can. Since you're melee, you have no reason to stay away from me.

See, I'd like getting away from you every once in a while since I need to actually cast my heals, let my DoT's tick or simply recover from a lolrngburst by whatever means.
    If you had any clue how to play a Paladin, you wouldn't let me. Ever. And once you use your bubble, it's game over. One-hundred percent.

Let's just say that Retri paladins having about 14 times the representation of ferals in high-end arena speak for itself, shall we?

I almost didn't want to type anything and just quote that bullshit you wrote there. But instead, I wrote this.
    I play on Stormscale EU at 2.2K rating as a feral druid. I talk to people who participate in MLG and other professional tournaments on a daily basis. I won't mention any names, but let's just say that the majority agrees that they are tired of Retribution Paladins who get high ratings without any skill.

I am not just any clueless forum troll.
    (Inb4 "Yes, you are." in response to the above.)

You know... Not only does the feral burst require about 15 seconds to even set up on a decent player and even then might not come off, and on top of that I wasn't complaining about burst, but random burst.

hes complaining about burst AND feral druids inability to KILL a ret pally because he cant CATCH him apparently....which one is more amusing LOL?
    Just learn to read, alright?

Of course I can catch him. I just can't deal enough damage to him under any circumstances before I get bursted to oblivion. Maybe. If not, he bubbles, and THEN I get bursted to oblivion. In fact, the problem is getting away from him. Not getting to him. Although granted, I have been having problems with holy paladins using a *very* similar trick. (I still don't care. 115% > 100%. Fact. Just shut it.)
    There is, in fact, a surprisingly small, though still large, amount of difference between random 1500-rated paladin and people like Buttermaster, from ZOMBIES. Now that is not to discredit his skill, but it's really the crits that determine whether he gets to kill something or not.
    It's definitely nowhere near the other classes. Comparing a 1500 rated Frost Mage and Flýn, there's a WORLD of difference, for example. The low rated mage can burn all his cooldowns on me and still die, but Flýn can beat me using only an Ice Block.

Wait a minute... there´s CC that are difficult to trinket?

I must get one of those
    The point kindda was that using it once = Trinket. Using it second = 3 sec CD = Allowing me to spend half my mana pool for 6K healing = Pretty close to ****ing useless. Although of course I realise that was difficult to comprehend.

---

Also, the only reason I'm NOT linking my armory is because I'd prefer staying anonymous in this shitstorm made by QQ'ing, terribad ret paladins.

Thank you very much.

EDIT: Nevermind. Not gonna respond anymore to this thread. You simply cannot comprehend simply things such as getting away from a paladin versus getting to a paladin, or the difference between burst and random burst.

I mean... if you don't even know that, and if I can't teach you what, there's really no point.

I think it's probably time for tri-spec. One that is only pvp. Make new talent trees for each class and have it only for pvp. Sure usable in the world for pvp realms and maybe even farming. But upon entering a BG, make it so it switches automatically to the pvp tree.

Thus gives Blizzard the opportunity to balance pvp around pvp and only pvp talents. When you start trying to mix the talent trees with pve/pvp abilities, it's gonna get messed up no matter how hard you try to try and balance things.

Part of the biggest problem with LK is that people are basically doing 3x or more damage than they did in BC, and realistically only about 75% more health. Thus burst is out of control, and it's not the players fault. It's lack of foresight on Blizzards part for just letting classes get bigger numbers.

This change, regardless of whether or not it was needed, does not deserve a hotfix. Remember the Starfall/starfire stun talent? It would break rogues out of stealth, and had a 15% chance to stun you as well. Druids could cast it on the fly, on a mount, mount up afterwards, cheetah, etc... But did it merit a hotfix as a gamebreaking skill? It was arguably more of a problem than vindication. But it was not hotfixed. It was patched at the next patch.... Also granted, it was pretty much also gamebreaking for balance druids too. Now, they pretty much have ZERO place in arena. It seems that is the way Blizzards wants to go for Ret.

Is it just me or do ret tears taste especially good??

Quote Originally Posted by Khahla
    Most of them are too self-confident and agressive because they know they will win most fights. A lot of people do not like them because of that.
    I would like to see some DK tears too. Prev nerf was not sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Khahla
    indeed. They are like sweet heavenly nectar.