Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: drood heal too strong ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshocklate
    put a cd on the instant heals imo
    RRRRight, put a cooldown on all instant heals. Mind telling me how a druid will be able to PVE heal if that were to happen? Worst idea ever...... EVER...

Quote Originally Posted by mrjoshua
    RRRRight, put a cooldown on all instant heals. Mind telling me how a druid will be able to PVE heal if that were to happen? Worst idea ever...... EVER...
    yea dude you could just lower the cooeficient on some of there hots by a small amount like they did with arcane barrage last season, mages still use it in arena and raid. So they can lower there heals a tad without nerfing them into the ground

Unbalanced Arena is Unbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallak
    Unbalanced Arena is Unbalanced.
    agreed but its still fun, id like to see blizzard make very small adjustments, instead of massive buffs or nerfs so bad the class gets almost abandoned in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by chrion
    agreed but its still fun, id like to see blizzard make very small adjustments, instead of massive buffs or nerfs so bad the class gets almost abandoned in arena.
    Who doesn't? We can wish all we want. I want to play arena on my enh shaman but its not gonna happen anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelÿ
    Well, i don't want to change my partner only because droods are difficult to kill, we have now a good rate and we will do our best to find a solution to kill those droods ^^ We will put cc at the good moment, try to oom him faster than ever, well i don't know but i won't abandon my partner like that
    Well I’m glad you have loyalty to your partner, but between a RET/Priest team you don't have enough CC to take down a good Tree. If they are smart they are usually in travel form or tree which makes Rep useless. And you have HoJ and your fear, but if there trinket is up then fear is useless. If you’re depending on the druid to run out of mana before you do, I would say that’s not going to happen. Blizzard pretty much made RET Pally's useless in the higher ranking of arena's, specifically when it comes to killing healers with high resil. And if the druid has a good team mate (DK/Warrior) the pally won't get close enough to the druid to do enough damage. i mean i could be wrong and thats the way i see it, but good luck and hope it works out for ya

Quote Originally Posted by terrminus
    Well I’m glad you have loyalty to your partner, but between a RET/Priest team you don't have enough CC to take down a good Tree. If they are smart they are usually in travel form or tree which makes Rep useless. And you have HoJ and your fear, but if there trinket is up then fear is useless. If you’re depending on the druid to run out of mana before you do, I would say that’s not going to happen. Blizzard pretty much made RET Pally's useless in the higher ranking of arena's, specifically when it comes to killing healers with high resil. And if the druid has a good team mate (DK/Warrior) the pally won't get close enough to the druid to do enough damage. i mean i could be wrong and thats the way i see it, but good luck and hope it works out for ya
    Uh...there's is so many things wrong with this statement i don't know were to begin. I know you mean well and I don't want you to take this as insult towards you.

Let's see. Priest/ret is a strong dominating team in higher brackets. To say blizzard made them useless at higher brackets is laughable.

And if the druid has a good team mate (DK/Warrior) the pally won't get close enough to the druid to do enough damage.
    Warrior/druid teams get owned by ret priest teams. Druid can be easly mana burned. By making quick switches from the druid to the warrior you can force the druid to be constantly using mana. Retadins hit extremeley hard "especially with T2 Weps." that the druid will have a hard time just being able to run away and cyclone. While at the same time keeping himself and the warrior topped off.

Against dk/druid teams its a toss up. It comes down to who plays better.

Again i don't mean this as a insult towards you. But i've seen this team at higher brackets and they are a force to be reckoned with even with a druid on your side....well...if your a extremely skill lock/druid team...they might not have a problem against ret/priest teams.

- Well let me say first off i would rather face a priest in the arena's then a tree any day of the week. My suggestion to u if you want to get above your present rating is find a new partner. someone with some type of healing defuff/Burst DPS Warrior/Rogue. After this current nerf on Ret's if your partner couldn't take down the druid healer before. he def won't be able to take them down now.
    So it looks like only warriors, rogues and wlocks (and dont ask me where wlocks pick ther "lost"burst) are good enoth to play as dps above 2-2.5k ?...

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hallak
    Who doesn't? We can wish all we want. I want to play arena on my enh shaman but its not gonna happen anytime soon.
    *offtopic*

You can play it, and can play well... saw 2.3+rated ench(+ret) move at wcm few days ago..

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Quote Originally Posted by kekoa
    Uh...there's is so many things wrong with this statement i don't know were to begin. I know you mean well and I don't want you to take this as insult towards you.

Let's see. Priest/ret is a strong dominating team in higher brackets. To say blizzard made them useless at higher brackets is laughable.

Warrior/druid teams get owned by ret priest teams. Druid can be easly mana burned. By making quick switches from the druid to the warrior you can force the druid to be constantly using mana. Retadins hit extremeley hard "especially with T2 Weps." that the druid will have a hard time just being able to run away and cyclone. While at the same time keeping himself and the warrior topped off.

Against dk/druid teams its a toss up. It comes down to who plays better.

Again i don't mean this as a insult towards you. But i've seen this team at higher brackets and they are a force to be reckoned with even with a druid on your side....well...if your a extremely skill lock/druid team...they might not have a problem against ret/priest teams.
    Appreciate you not insulting me , but i stand by my statement, The RET/Priest is 7.7 comp according the SK100 kind of low for a dominate team. They are currently below DK/Druid, Rogue/Priest, Pally/Holy/DK and Warrior/Druid. Now if RET/Priest were "Priest/ret is a strong dominating team in higher brackets." that dominate there Comp would be higher then 7.7. wouldn't there be more RET/Priests filling the top spots that are currently held by Rogue/Priests, DK/Holy Pally, Shaman/Warrior? I mean look at the 3 Melee classes that are leading the way in 2vs2 and what do they all have in common? its something that a RET doesn't have in his arsenal. Some type of Healing Debuff, That is what’s making the Rogue/Priest very affective right now and Warrior/Druid. and Pallys don't have a DG to pull the healer to them, we have REP/HoJ. When a druid is in another form other then human Rep is garbage and HoJ can be trinketed out of it. Mana Burn would be great if the Druid stayed in LOS, but app with lovely there is an issue with mana burn. The fact is that the druids innervate is OP right now, they will never run out of mana. A Priest has a shadow Fiend but most of the time they are CC'd or killed by the DPS. I have seen a druid in tree form in WSG out heal the damage of 4 ppl beating on him without skipping a beat. Here is the link were I based most of my info off of. http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/team/2/us/all/all/all/ and with the latest Nerf to Ret taking down a good healer just got that much harder.

Appreciate you not insulting me , but i stand by my statement, The RET/Priest is 7.7 comp according the SK100 kind of low for a dominate team. They are currently below DK/Druid, Rogue/Priest, Pally/Holy/DK and Warrior/Druid. Now if RET/Priest were "Priest/ret is a strong dominating team in higher brackets." that dominate there Comp would be higher then 7.7. wouldn't there be more RET/Priests filling the top spots that are currently held by Rogue/Priests, DK/Holy Pally, Shaman/Warrior? I mean look at the 3 Melee classes that are leading the way in 2vs2 and what do they all have in common? its something that a RET doesn't have in his arsenal. Some type of Healing Debuff, That is what’s making the Rogue/Priest very affective right now and Warrior/Druid. and Pallys don't have a DG to pull the healer to them, we have REP/HoJ. When a druid is in another form other then human Rep is garbage and HoJ can be trinketed out of it. Mana Burn would be great if the Druid stayed in LOS, but app with lovely there is an issue with mana burn. The fact is that the druids innervate is OP right now, they will never run out of mana. A Priest has a shadow Fiend but most of the time they are CC'd or killed by the DPS. I have seen a druid in tree form in WSG out heal the damage of 4 ppl beating on him without skipping a beat. Here is the link were I based most of my info off of. http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/team/2/us/all/all/all/ and with the latest Nerf to Ret taking down a good healer just got that much harder.

True, i'm happy to see that i'm understood even if i have a poor english ^^

The best way to defeat a druid/war as a ret/priest is to put pressure on the warrior. If the warrior is targetting the ret pally, have the ret pally move the warrior so he's not in LOS of the druid. Have the priest constantly try to mana burn the druid. Once the druid sees that he's mana burned, he'll run away. When he runs away, top up your ret pally, dot up the warrior, and most importantly, dispell all the hots on the warrior. For me, as a resto druid, dispells on the warrior are extremely annoying as I have to come back over to rehot him up. As I come over, the ret pally should be keeping the warrior out of LOS from me, and when I turn a corner to get in LOS, have the priest come over and get me in a fear. When in the fear, the priest/ret pally should be using all CDs on the warrior. After fear, using a repentance, and then try to finish off the war. If this doesn't work, rinse and repeat. The pally should be using seal of judgement to be diminishing damage on himself and to instant FOL himself when it's up because the priest has to play very offensive (dispelling hots, mana burning druid, dotting up warrior).

Quote Originally Posted by Anacia
    The best way to defeat a druid/war as a ret/priest is to put pressure on the warrior. If the warrior is targetting the ret pally, have the ret pally move the warrior so he's not in LOS of the druid. Have the priest constantly try to mana burn the druid. Once the druid sees that he's mana burned, he'll run away. When he runs away, top up your ret pally, dot up the warrior, and most importantly, dispell all the hots on the warrior. For me, as a resto druid, dispells on the warrior are extremely annoying as I have to come back over to rehot him up. As I come over, the ret pally should be keeping the warrior out of LOS from me, and when I turn a corner to get in LOS, have the priest come over and get me in a fear. When in the fear, the priest/ret pally should be using all CDs on the warrior. After fear, using a repentance, and then try to finish off the war. If this doesn't work, rinse and repeat. The pally should be using seal of judgement to be diminishing damage on himself and to instant FOL himself when it's up because the priest has to play very offensive (dispelling hots, mana burning druid, dotting up warrior).
    Yes i know it, but the problem is that the druid is not stupid, he's never really far from is mate, and a war has a lot of protection to survive. Moreover i will be oom before the drood

this is like an arms warrior complaining that rogues wound poision is too op

Quote Originally Posted by IhatePvE
    *offtopic*

You can play it, and can play well... saw 2.3+rated ench(+ret) move at wcm few days ago..
    I was gonna say that, last week in 3v3 we faced a DK, enhance, tree druid team, frost shock spam, chains of ice spam, and we lost to them. They are 2400 rated, and I felt like an ass for laughing at them for bringing an enhance shammy right before the action started, facepalm. Oh and lower the coefficient on druid hots a tad so I can get my 2350 weaps easier, k thx.

I would say a druids survivability is about 98.8% against a ret pally. Rep would never work on a smart druid, they would constantly be in tree form or another travel form. but the end result is the healer with the deepest mana pool would win the match. and with innervate being the way it is, i would bet on the Druid/Warrior. And with the Warriors DOTS on the pally the priest would be oom from the healing, mana burn, dispell and dots might be a little to much on the priest. The priest could use shadow fiend but if the warrior is smart he would kill it right away or the druid would use cyclone. any melee class with a healing debuff is gonna be hard on a healer.

Im not going to try to give advice to someone who says they are at 2300 rating

With no MS I find it easy to heal a plate character

Innervate is a bit too powerful yes.

Priests dominate 2v2/3v3 - I would assume there are ways for you to overcome the mana issue outside of burning and repenting(rarely- ofc) the druid

15+ Year Old Account

Hello, I play a druid. I'm not here to knock you down. I don't play in arena. You may ask me why I'm replying. Well, I'm replying because there is a lot of stuff being thrown around. I've done world pvp, wg, and lolbgs. I only ever arena'd on my mage and that was in bc, I quit arena after that. Point is if you've ever cyclone'd a target in pvp the first time will be the strongest unless you stop for some time and go back to it. If you "spam it" it becomes immune very quickly. Diminishing returns are teh suck but if cyclone didn't have them then it would be op.

So cyclone and roots. An instant root every minute from "natures Grasp". That's it. Bash if you are quick enough getting rage. Maim if you get some combo points up. The easiest to do are roots, and cyclone (which fails after awhile).

Innervate was horrible before 3.1 (by horrible I mean disgustingly good.) It was 0 to full and then some. 3.1 hit and it took a hit. 0-75ish depending on how much you were casting + the lifebloom cost doubled. Now it's better mine goes from 0 to around 92% while casting depending on what i'm casting sometimes only to 80ish%. And yeah its near impossible to dispel while barkskin is up. Which is op. But don't nerf innervate. (it's very handy in pve and a lot of times you guys, ie arena players, don't think about the effects in pve.) nerf barkskin's dispelling agent. 10% damage reduction is meh. The major complaint is the non-dispellable combo of barkskin and innervate. So nerf that part to it.

Also instant cast swiftmend will heal a target for a good chunk but is on a 15 second cd and consumes a hot *unless glyphed then the hot remains. And nature's swiftness is on a three minute cd. Everything else is hot based: rejuv doesn't heal for three seconds unless you have the t8 4set bonus and I doubt you'd pvp in that lol. Lifebloom is small hots until the bloom then it can be very large. But its on a 6 second timer (for a three stack of lb it would take three seconds of gcd to put it up then 6seconds for the bloom if untalented and unglyphed. *if talented and glyphed its 10seconds until the bloom: all in all a 9-13 second heal with a measly hot) and regrowth which is a 2 second cast with a hot that's not as good as rejuv and you have to stand still so its not "safe". Nourish which is a nice little heal and works real well if you keep hots up on yourself but again you have to stop and cast it. (this has been the end of me a few times lol stopping = bad)

So end of the whole thing yes there are things that need nerfed. Amount healed (absolutely not think about the pve part....you may not like to do it but too many people do deal with it.) Barkskin yes it needs nerfed. Innervate no. Armor is a bit insane imo. I have 13230ish in tree selfbuffed. Its a bit much I'm not a tank I'm a healer.

So I'm not against you, druids need nerfed but it needs to be thought out and fixed properly (ie armor and barkskin) The rest is fine.

I wish you a happy arena season and a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaefaerie
    Point is if you've ever cyclone'd a target in pvp the first time will be the strongest unless you stop for some time and go back to it. If you "spam it" it becomes immune very quickly. Diminishing returns are teh suck but if cyclone didn't have them then it would be op.
    Yes i know it but even it less powerfull at each time, it's still too long for a heal. 6sd, 4sd, 2sd etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaefaerie
    So I'm not against you, druids need nerfed but it needs to be thought out and fixed properly (ie armor and barkskin) The rest is fine.
    I agree with you, armor and barksin should change, but cyclone too i think, like a cd of 2-3 sd only

I actually want to apologize for my previous post. I never play PvP, and definitely not Areana. All I based my statement on was the insane healing ability that Priests have in PvE, and translated that to PvP.

Priests have so many more instant heals than druids and - i think the general PvP community agrees - have a very high survivability due to it.

Yet, I didn't know that druids have 90% dispell resist against innervate, that I admit is too much. Cyclone is affected by DR AND has a 2sec (1.5?) cast time.

All I'm saying is: Please don't nerv Druid's heal because of PvP when it will hit them horribly in PvE. They're already nerfed to be an average at best healer, neither excelling in Group heal nor in tank heal. From my personal opinion, you could half all healing spells of druids, IF that only applies in Arena, if it affects PvE, then no nerf is justified whatsoever.