Page 1 of 2
LastLast

No tip of the hat – only wag of the finger

I read the warrior forums quite a bit and never miss a blue post. And Blizzard consistantly comes up with the same arguments, which all have a single purpose: make us feel guilty

1. "As hybrids warriors should not as much dps as pure dps class". This obviously doesn't hold a second in the face of dps figures produced by other hybrid classes. First, it would be great to have a clear definition of hybrid and then an explanation on why some hybrid classes (including those that have even more versatility than warriors i.e classes that can tank, dps AND heal) seem to get special treatment.

2. "Warrior used to be very dominant in PVP". Read: "It's time you get a taste of your own medecine from other classes." This is unfair. The fact we were once OP is not our fault and there is no reason we should be punished for Blizzard's old mistakes. Plus, this statment (which I even got from a GM in game!) is almost a confession that warriors are last of the class and should stay there and serve their time before they are allowed to be competitive again.

3. "Warriors used to be the only tanks available". Again we get blamed for something beyond our control. Nobody questions there should be competition between tanks. They just want Blizz to act as an independent anti-trust authority that ensures every tank is on equal ground in terms of survivability/threat/dps, which arguably is not the case today.

4. "TG is too good a talent for 1 point" or "TG is the ultimate talent all 51 pts talents should be balanced around". Again, the same make-warrior-feel-bad mechanic. This time we are told: "If you had that talent, you'd be Op". Why introduce it in the first place then? Either let it be or remove it because the middle way is just generating too much frustration (and wasting way too much forum space, from this post included). It's like saying "Here's a Ferrari – but we've equipped it with a moped engine so you're not caught speeding". Doesn't make sense.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy...

Deleted

Re: No tip of the hat – only wag of the finger

true. especially the TG argument is rediculous. what about explosive shot? same thing here, eh? yes, ES had its nerf but still, it only affected the shot itself, not the hunter's dmg as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa
    true. especially the TG argument is rediculous. what about explosive shot? same thing here, eh? yes, ES had its nerf but still, it only affected the shot itself, not the hunter's dmg as a whole.
    The difference is that Hunters were doing the dps they were supposed to do, while you warriors did silly amounts of dps. That's changed.
    I can agree that you got slightly over-nerfed but your argument isn't valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Glencar
    3. "Warriors used to be the only tanks available". Again we get blamed for something beyond our control. Nobody questions there should be competition between tanks. They just want Blizz to act as an independent anti-trust authority that ensures every tank is on equal ground in terms of survivability/threat/dps, which arguably is not the case today.
    What's the best guild in the world? Who's their MT?

1. Fury was too high in the end of 3.0 because they scale so well with gear. Once you are into full t8.5 and equiv., your dps is fine. Blizz has also stated that "5%" lower is the standard, and in most cases where skill and gear are equal, in general, that is about what is going on right now.
    2. Warriors are not gimped in PvP, they are still VERY good, it's just they aren't OP anymore. As GC said, they may be a little bit low, but they are definitely still viable and much better off than a lot of classes.
    3. Warriors are still VERY viable tanks. DKs may still be OP a little bit, but all 4 tanks can effectively tank any encounter. Warriors are in no way worse off than paladins and probably even druids.
    4. TG was OP, thy overnerfed it, but it needed a nerf VERY badly.

In general, it just sounds like you are QQing because you used to be overpowered and now you are balanced, it's not a matter of you being underpowered now.
    Bringing the "hardcoar" to casual since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    Just wanted to point out that although Kungen IS the mt of Ensidia, if you watch the Algalon 25 vid there is actually a DK tanking until they die.
    Like i said, DK may be a little bit op, but warriors are definitely still viable.
    Kungen is arguably the most skilled warrior in the world (or at least one of), so i gaurantee you that no matter what class he was, if he was as skilled at that class as he is on his warrior, he'd be a great tank.
    Bringing the "hardcoar" to casual since 2009.

In general, it just sounds like you are QQing because you used to be overpowered and now you are balanced, it's not a matter of you being underpowered now.
    What QQ?

I am merely exposing Blizzard's line of defense in the face of mounting challenge from the warrior community. Basically what they tell us is: "You may be a bit sub-par but since you used to be Op, we're all square."

Enough with that.

By the way, describe OP and tell me how it doesn't apply to DK (PVE and PVP), Retadin (PVP), Frost Mage (PVP) or Rogue (PVP) - not to mention Feral kitties (PVE)

That said, I totally agree that warriors make very good tanks (I am my guild's main tank and I do not feel the least threatened by any other class).

But still, I wonder why the numbers do not even out, particularly in terms of DPS. There is no reason warrior tanks should be penalised just because they used to monopolize the MT role. Blizz constantly tells us: "We broke your niche but in return we buffed your dps".

The only problem, and I think it is obvious to everyone, is that they fell short from bringing our final numbers (particularly dps but also arguably survivability because of the unforseen new Block mechanic fiasco) on par with that of the other tanking classes, whether we are tanking bosses, trash or OT'ing boss adds.

You seriously can not post that one warrior is the best in the world. The raid is made up of 25 people, only 1 of which is him. Mr. Kungen is porbably a beast of a tank don't get me wrong. The Ensidia "team" simply works the best together. If I am not mistaken they have been around since I started playing back when Zul'Gurub was released. There is no "I" in team. It is the collective effort and faith in each others abilities which helps them to be the Leading GUILD in the world.

And back to on Warrior's:
    They have been the most overall gear dependent class in all of WoW since the game was started especially Fury. Argue if you want, but it is the truth. TG simply made Fury not so gear dependent and that is why people were and are all in an uproar about warriors. MS warriors have been staple PvP machines since forever. With TG release it made them viable as well and that made people mad.

You forgot

5. Why the F does Bloodthirst have a silly heal on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldbattleaxe
    You forgot

the same reason the arms pvp build has a heal(or 2 depending on how you spec) in it
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Right now I'd just be happy if my dps were competitive with ferals They went a little bit too far with the TG nerf no doubt about it. However, I can't disagree that we were a little OP before the nerf.

Feeling guilty only happens when u have a guilty conscience. If there wasn't anything u could feel guilty about, u'd never feel guilty. Why? because u never did anything wrong. If u never did anything wrong, and u are sure of this fact (brainwashing and other very actively influencing methods etc not included.), there is no way that anyone could make u feel guilty.

Blizzard never said that u where guilty of anything. U have a quilty conscience, and this is what u make of blizzards comments.

To reply to your first post:

1. Any class that has a spec that can preform any other role then dps is a hybrid. Aka everything but mage, warlock, hunter, rogue = hybrid. Thus they should do 5% dps (or whatever number blizz says) below those 4 classes. Warrior can tank, thus = hybrid. So blizz wants u to do 5% less dps. Don't agree? roll warlock mage hunter or rogue. simple.

2. You're not punished. You're not underpowered. You're normal. You're where u should are. Some classes are OP. They are getting fixed, just like you where. As been said many times before, balance happens by nerfing others where possible, not by buffing the weaker ones (vicious circle, everyone doing 10 mil. k dps in the end etc). Don't QQ about u being end of the list, QQ about others not getting nerfed as quick. (hello 2 seasons of being OP in pvp, stfu imo)

3. Just a bunch of bullcrap i can't really understand cos im too drunk. Can warriors tank well, yes, as healer i have no problem with warr tanks. i actually prefer them over druid tanks. They have a more steady dmg intake then druids, and are thus better healable cos i have a better idea of what kinda heals i need to use. Less risk of having to do a NS:HW on a warr tank then a druid imo. Are people saying "no warrior tanks suck".Not that ive ever heard. If stuff about tanking makes u QQ about ur dps, look at 1.

4. TG was overpowered. TG got nerfed. Maybe to hard. If ur performing too low, they will buff u. Like they always do. If they screw it up, maybe just feel sympathy for mut rogues, with their 15%/18% dps from HfB 51 talent alone, and blizz clearly saying "yes HfB is an OP talent, but we dont know how to fix it".

end conclusion: 1. im too drunk to make a good post.
    2. stfu with ur QQ. you're not Underpowered, you're more balanced then u where before nerfs. Better to shine on top of dps list as an UP class then as a OP class. that way u can say ' hahaha i play an UP class and still kick ur ass'. You can only feel guilty when u have a guilty conscience.

wait, warriors are underpowered in pvp? did i miss the part where druid + warrior = fail?

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    I shouldn't even need to go into why all the reasons you're the most ignorant person on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    wait, warriors are underpowered in pvp? did i miss the part where druid + warrior = fail?
    I love when Paladins call Warriors OP. Just makes me kek that much harder.
    right wel i can insurance u i dnt hav down syndrome so u can stop sayin stupid stuff lyk that
    --Hennrehh

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik
    Crying is easier than trying.
    Just remember, folks. If you use Armory to look up my character, just to make your e-peen larger, it just makes my points more valid.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Oldbattleaxe
    You forgot

Silly heal? It used to be pure crap, be happy it scales with your health (especially in PVP).
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Druid bleeds crit

Warrior bleeds BREAK OUR OWN F#%CKING FEAR!

nuff said

Blizzard hates our class.

Maybe it's just my bad fury playing, but i can't remember a time bloodthirst healing saved my hide in pvp. Bloodcraze/Second wind on the other hand...

I'm just thinking that MS has such a pvp factor attached to it, why does bloodthirst not have a decent counterpoint for pve. Especially since it was the pve spec of choice for so long. Maybe if it increased bleed dmg for 8 sec after a hit or something to that regard.

Oh, and since i'm fantacizing(sp) gimme a talent to make my bleeds crit plz.

Quote Originally Posted by Gredge
    Druid bleeds crit

Warrior bleeds BREAK OUR OWN F#%CKING FEAR!

nuff said

Blizzard hates our class.
    And rogue damage breaks their own stun!

Reason why druids have bleeds that crit (when they spec deep feral) is that rip/rake are keystones of their DPS style. Think of them as physical warlocks!

Kungen is not the best warrior/tank in the game

Secondly go with a healer and have fun in pvp

Thirdly warrior PvE dps is low, ill admit that