Hodir Hard - narrated movie (The Road to Algalon)

Starting with this week, and continuing for the next four weeks, we'll be releasing strategies and videos for the four Keepers as part of a "Road to Algalon" project.

The Road to Algalon

These are all from the 25-man perspective, since it has unique challenges compared to the 10-man versions: the fights are tuned tighter, damage is sometimes far harder, and positioning is more difficult on some of the fights because you're squeezing 2.5 more people into the space.

They are still useful on 10-man, however.

This week is the first: Hodir

He's not tremendously more complex than on easy mode, but there's still some good tips and tricks to making it easier.

* Strategy: StratFu: Hard Mode Hodir Strategy

* Movie (WCM): WCM: Hard Mode Hodir Tutorial Movie

* Streaming movie: StratFu: Hard Mode Hodir Tutorial Movie (streaming)

If you're looking for more StratFu videos, our Ulduar collection is at:

StratFu: Ulduar videos and tutorials

Deleted

Re: Hodir Hard narrated (The Road to Algalon)

Kyth.

May I just thank you for your Wonderful series of videos. The are genuinly useful from a raid perspective for those of us not at the cutting edge of content.

Moar plz.

Re: Hodir Hard - narrated movie (The Road to Algalon)

Looking forward to Mimi, but we might have him down by the time it's released. =p Been reading Stratfu since the PTR, and have appreciated your input on EJ. From what I've gathered, hard mode strategies are sparse except for gleaning random posts on the R&D forums. So many other sites are just content with copying/pasting abilities instead of talking about the most important thing for all these fights: positioning.

Keep up the good work.

Re: Hodir Hard - narrated movie (The Road to Algalon)

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion
    Looking forward to Mimi, but we might have him down by the time it's released. =p Been reading Stratfu since the PTR, and have appreciated your input on EJ. From what I've gathered, hard mode strategies are sparse except for gleaning random posts on the R&D forums. So many other sites are just content with copying/pasting abilities instead of talking about the most important thing for all these fights: positioning.

Keep up the good work.
    Strats will be out for the hardmodes before videos will be.

We're actually partway through Freya now. I want another week of killing Mimiron ourselves before I post something though, I find I always learn something useful on the 2nd and 3rd weeks of a boss that I didn't know on the first.

Each video just takes about a solid week to make -- I haven't wanted to compromise production quality just to get stuff out there faster. That's what the strats are for!