Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Healing Touch VS Nourish...

I know this subject has been discussed alot, however most of them are crunching numbers and so many point of view that at the end I just get confused. Anywho here is the two spec I am considering, one Pro Healing Touch the other Con Healing Touch (if I can say that ^_^)

Pro Healing Touch:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0VG0zZZfVhuVugiuAhs0o
    + Glyph of Healing Touch.

Con Healing Touch:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0VG0zZZf0IuiugVuAGs0o
    + Glyph of Nourish.

Also, it seems to me like Nourish and Healing Touch are quite similar (when Healing Touch is glyphed), here is my question:
    Why didn't blizz just make a Glyph that can change Healing Touch to Nourish instead of creating two spells of exact similar effects?

Anywho, I am looking forward to people who actually play the druid class at 80 to tell me which one of this spells they use the most (if you can also say why that would help). Gear wise, let's assume best circumstances.

If there is another post that answers all my questions, just link it to me please.
    In life pain is mandatory; Suffering however, is optional...
    Source: Naruto

Re: Healing Touch VS Nourish...

Save yourself the trouble and only use Healing Touch in combination with Nature's swiftness(make a macro) other than that you wont ever need to cast healing touch, trust me.

nourish wins hands down. In order to make the HT build effective, you are forced to take a lot of extra talents that will gimp your healing in other areas.

with the HT build, you are giving up your best "oh shit" button with the loss of the nature's swiftness + healing touch macro.

and you should probably check out the resto sticky at the top of the page for further information.

I think blizz just put in that healing touch glyph before they even thought of nourish and kind of left it there.

Do they both use same SP coefficient? If they differ anyone know what their coefficient is?
    In life pain is mandatory; Suffering however, is optional...
    Source: Naruto

after talents, a glyphed healing touch will hit for 5-7k in naxx gear. keep in mind, that is after a substantial talent point investment that gimps your other healing abilities. Without these talents it is very expensive and doesn't pack much healing potential.

nourish heals for a little less but gets an added bonus from hots being on the target (up to 64% bonus with full hots, nourish glyph, and T7 set bonus). nourish is cheaper to cast, and the talents have a lot more synergy with with the rest of the heals that we use on a regular basis.

u should always go nourish cuz even if it heals for less it has the added 25% chance to crit and proc living seed

plus ur specs suck go gift of the earthmother for any spec faster hots=more healing

Quote Originally Posted by Vertue
    Do they both use same SP coefficient? If they differ anyone know what their coefficient is?
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Spell_power_coefficient

Healing Touch 161.1% (201.1% with Empowered Touch)
    Nourish 67.305%

Note that that's before any full spell multipliers, so glyphed HT has a multiplier of 100.6% (with Emp Touch) vs Nourish's 80.766% (assuming at least one HoT on the target), which increases quite a lot if you're including 4T7 & glyph.

At the end of the day, the glyphed HT spec is over and done with - don't bother considering it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

plus then what u have for NS? regrowth? why bother just use ur cast time

i know im going to get crap for what im about to say but here it goes

I use healing touch alot
    i am one of the few remaining resto druids that uses healing touch as one of my main spells
    i know its not as mana effcient but well having a .8 second cast 6-8k heal is Very good
    im the top healing in every raid i go to incluing agianst "nourish" and "regrowth" druids

its very pally like but i like it

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iluvcorn
    i know its not as mana effcient but well having a .8 second cast 6-8k heal is Very good
    im the top healing in every raid i go to incluing agianst "nourish" and "regrowth" druids
    Just throwing it out there but - isnt it possible you'd still be in the top healing list with nourish, because you're better/have a faster reactionspeed then the others in your raids?

healing touch is dead srry but it is

the glyph is ment for a pvp situation that is why nourish's cast time is what it is

nourish will heal more in the long run and is more applicable for a druid

if a random raid member is taking random damage

rejuv>swiftmend> (still dying)>nourish

enough discussion nourish wins healing touch save for ur NS if u don't NS has no real use considering that ur options are regrowth (heals for less then nourish instantly) or nourish (1.5 sec cast why bother?)

I honestly have always considered the HT glyph to be a pre-80 druids nourish.

Since you don't get lifebloom til later on, and dont really have much else other than rejuv and regrowth, for low level's its nice, at 80 Nourish > glyphed HT imo.
    Game Mechanics Enthusiast. :P

15+ Year Old Account

I think nourish is for tank healing,healing touch is for raid healing,it takes way to long to regu and then swift then heal if they need more heals,ht is more for raid healing,nourish you need hots on the targets to make it effective.Why use reju then another ends up just healing them full,Use nourish if you are heal tanking,ht if you are raid healing.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

It still has a niche, albeit a small one. Speccing fully into glyphed healing touch, including Naturalist and Empowered Touch though is probably a bad idea as it rather severely limits your other abilities.

If you raid heal 25 man's, it's not going to be your place to put out the direct heals, you'll be better served simply maintaining hots on as many targets as you can. In 10 mans, it's a bit of a different situation. Often times you'll find a target chosen by a fight mechanic (slag pot / stone fist / etc) that requires fast healing and doesn't yet have a hot on them. You have a few options in this case:

1) Rejuv > SM > Nourish (assuming a swiftmend glyph)
    2) Rejuv > Nourish (if SM is down and the target is not going to die within the gcd cost of the rejuv + Nourish cast time)
    3) Nourish > Rejuv > Nourish (if your SM is down and the target WILL die before the GCD + Nourish cast time)
    4) GHT>GHT (Same situation as 3, less casts required, faster healing)

Because Healing Touch gets more benefit from SP than Nourish, the tipping point according to the math is somewhere around 2k Spellpower, where a Glyphed Healing Touch is roughly equivalent in healing to a 1-hot Nourish (or 2-hot Nourish if you've taken Empowered Touch).

The downside of course is your NS/HT is pretty lame and you're wasting a glyph spot that could be used for something else.

The way I see it, don't waste your time on it for 25 mans. 10 man, -maybe- but even then most of the time you can get away with Nourish>Rejuv>Nourish on a critical target when lacking SM. Technically two GHT's cost less mana than the N>Rj>N but the usage is minimal enough that it's not a significant savings, and one that would be bested still by SM glyph, saving yourself the need to rehot people after an emergency.

Incidentally, it's also of reasonable use in fights where random people take single, non-repeated hits of damage like Razorscale, rather than waiting on hots to top them up, but it's less mana efficient and eats into your rotation too much if you haven't got naturalist to drop it to a 1s cast (which as mentioned earlier is WAY too expensive a talent for what it does, don't take it, especially at the cost of Gift of the Earthmother which is far and away one of the best resto talents there are.

Edit: Should also mention, the usefulness of it compared to Nourish in these situations is also pretty heavily dependant on whether you have 4pcT7 and Nourish glyphed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronosaga
    Save yourself the trouble and only use Healing Touch in combination with Nature's swiftness(make a macro) other than that you wont ever need to cast healing touch, trust me.
    This. Nourish is vastly superior to HT in pretty much every way.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chilla
    I honestly have always considered the HT glyph to be a pre-80 druids nourish.

Since you don't get lifebloom til later on, and dont really have much else other than rejuv and regrowth, for low level's its nice, at 80 Nourish > glyphed HT imo.
    I could understand the use as a pre-80 glyph in this matter aswell. But on the other hand, pre-80 you dont have as many other heals to compensate the loss of our "large heal" - then again, I'm basing this on lvl 60 raid/dungeon experience, when regrowth spamming was oftem too manadraining compared to predictive HT healing

I recon mana is much less of an issue, or better said - pre-80 healing as a whole

"Nourish is vastly superior to HT in pretty much every way."
    other than speed
    .88 second cast is FAR better than 1.33 second cast
    just ask the tank that just bearly died while SM was down and you were casting nourish

Neither.

I think plasma blast on mimi is the only place i regularly use nourish spam beyond a full hot list.
    HT gets it's oh shit button.

Stick to brokenly good rejuv and wild growth, play to the class strengths when assigning heals.

|: If druids are still shit-talking Nourish, despite how good it is... there is no hope left for the class.

If you have yet to fully grasp how powerful this spell is, I implore you. Play with it more, learn to use it. You won't regret it.