Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Effectively ruining auras

The whole reason for putting up certain auras really had nothing to do with the actual aura's buffs. They are nice, but nothing gamebreaking or absolutely necessary at all. The whole reason for putting a specific aura up was because of the talents that buffed that aura tremendously. If you're in a raid and you're the only paladin and you are Ret, there is absolutely no reason now to have Retribution Aura up at all. Hell you can have Crusader Aura up and still get the 3% damage and 3% haste bonus that talents give you. They've effectively ruined the aura system by allowing talent bonuses for auras to be gained when any aura is active. Removing this "while any aura is active" bullcrap would make specific auras important again, and while they are fixing the totem system, they should probably take a look at auras and maybe spice them up a little. And if you were one of the paladins that accidentally left Crusader Aura up while running through a Heroic, you don't really deserve that 3% damage and haste buff. Know you're class and pay attention. Thanks

Re: Effectively ruining auras

He has a fair point though. What did this change really achieve except ..

Are you a complete and utter retard? Yes. Ok then, we'll change auras, so your talents work no matter which aura you select.

But Synthets speaks truth, there are MUCH bigger fish to fry when it comes to the Retri class.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

It made it so in a group with a limited number of paladins you could cover devotion on the tank, or fire res on the group, without losing the utility from that talent. So that when you have to switch to fire res for some reason the raid dps doesn't suffer. I quite like it personally. the guy running crusader aura may not lose the raid the 3%, but he isn't bring the utility of a useful aura and so still fails more than a paladin with a moderate amount of sense/attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate
    It made it so in a group with a limited number of paladins you could cover devotion on the tank, or fire res on the group, without losing the utility from that talent. So that when you have to switch to fire res for some reason the raid dps doesn't suffer. I quite like it personally. the guy running crusader aura may not lose the raid the 3%, but he isn't bring the utility of a useful aura and so still fails more than a paladin with a moderate amount of sense/attention.
    QFT
    If you played during BC when prot HAD to have devo and ret HAD to have ret, etc., you'd understand.
    And if you did and you're still complaining... then ???
    Bringing the "hardcoar" to casual since 2009.

This.

It is a useful change that actually adds more thought to the game as now you choose auras over which will help most instead of which gives a buff. For example on Mim I am often switching between fire resist, devo, and concentration aura depending on the phase and if other pallies die

Quote Originally Posted by YigiBareTank
    QFT
    If you played during BC when prot HAD to have devo and ret HAD to have ret, etc., you'd understand.
    And if you did and you're still complaining... then ???
    Err, you didn't play BC. Ret used sanc aura then and prot used ret aura (because the threat gain far outweighed the minor armor loss).

Quote Originally Posted by gatgat
    This.

It is a useful change that actually adds more thought to the game as now you choose auras over which will help most instead of which gives a buff. For example on Mim I am often switching between fire resist, devo, and concentration aura depending on the phase and if other pallies die
    Why would you ever not use fire resist on that hell inferno fight.... Lol sorry ive been attempting hard mode mim and there is fire EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!! Almost got him though!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Yeah, NOT being able to switch to Frost resist on things like Hodir or Thorim hard because it loses the raid 3% dmg and haste is a horrible mechanic. Being able to give the raid a resistance aura so that they resist tens if not hundreds of thousands of damage points thereby giving the healers an easier time on the fights is an amazing thing. Thats why i spec 0/17/54 and 54/17/0 for divine sacrifice because the ability to blunt incoming raid damage and let healers focus on tanks is a HUGE thing in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Err, you didn't play BC. Ret used sanc aura then and prot used ret aura (because the threat gain far outweighed the minor armor loss).
    touche, i'd already forgotten the existence of sanc. aura...
    god, what a wonderful change that was.
    Bringing the "hardcoar" to casual since 2009.

Its not so much complaining about the bonuses from talents being added to all auras as it is taking away from said auras. Currently there is no reason to use anything except devotion if your running with 2+ shamans. You have been effectively spending four talent points to make a useless/nearly useless aura worthwhile, and now that those effects will apply to whatever your using essentually phasing out the usefulness of retribution aura.

I agree there are bigger fish to fry, hell there are alot bigger issues to resolve in ret alone, but lets not forget to coin this issue people are having to a blue from time to time.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

To be honest, the whole argument is soft because isn't this game supposed to be about choice, and which buff will be best for your group at the time? It sucks to lose that 3% damage and haste buff, but that's the whole point of switching auras: you choose one buff over the other. Making it easier on your healer by increasing fire resistance should come at the cost of losing the benefits of another buff. Hell right now, you can get improved devotion aura, sanctified retribution and improved retribution. That's 6% healing, 3% damage and 3% haste, and you don't even have to have the buffs they pertain to up. So is it ridiculous to have all of those buffs plus fire resistance, all at the same time? Yes, it is. Choosing the best buffs is a part of this game, and this change is like saying "hey, here's all the buffs, and you can have the fire resistance on the house."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsylton
    To be honest, the whole argument is soft because isn't this game supposed to be about choice, and which buff will be best for your group at the time? It sucks to lose that 3% damage and haste buff, but that's the whole point of switching auras: you choose one buff over the other. Making it easier on your healer by increasing fire resistance should come at the cost of losing the benefits of another buff. Hell right now, you can get improved devotion aura, sanctified retribution and improved retribution. That's 6% healing, 3% damage and 3% haste, and you don't even have to have the buffs they pertain to up. So is it ridiculous to have all of those buffs plus fire resistance, all at the same time? Yes, it is. Choosing the best buffs is a part of this game, and this change is like saying "hey, here's all the buffs, and you can have the fire resistance on the house."
    The talents are the big buff, the aura is a small buff. If you only had 1 pally and no one else providing buff. no ret would ever leave ret aura cuz a 3% raid dps loss and 3% haste is huge. It dumbs it down cuz every ret would be in ret aura every prot in devo and every holy in conc.

Quote Originally Posted by gatgat
    The talents are the big buff, the aura is a small buff. If you only had 1 pally and no one else providing buff. no ret would ever leave ret aura cuz a 3% raid dps loss and 3% haste is huge. It dumbs it down cuz every ret would be in ret aura every prot in devo and every holy in conc.
    Actually, it makes it a no brainer, because now, you can be in ANY aura and still have that buff. It's not a choice anymore. If you keep dying on Ignis lets say, and you need fire resistance aura up to do it, and are well within the enrage timer, then why the hell would you ever even think about not putting up fire resistance when you're not losing anything? Dumbing this game down because people can't decide which is a better buff, and actively giving every buff to the person without having to make a choice does dumb the game down. Giving each buff it's own talents back, and making it a choice, makes auras actually matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganaut
    He has a fair point though. What did this change really achieve except ..

Are you a complete and utter retard? Yes. Ok then, we'll change auras, so your talents work no matter which aura you select.

But Synthets speaks truth, there are MUCH bigger fish to fry when it comes to the Retri class.

The reason why retri paladins are whining bitches.

They think their a CLASS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming_rain

The reason why retri paladins are whining bitches.

They think their a CLASS!
    Reason why semantics are interesting:

Oh wait.

I dunno about you guys but im just happy to get away from possibly wasting talent points for improving one aura then having to use another.

What was it? 5 for imp devo, 2 or 3 for imp sanc, 3 for imp conc and/or 5 for Spiritual Focus because without 100% knockback resistance one wrong hit knocked your spell back to zero. I remember running 4/5 Spiritual focus and 3/3 imp Conc because that 45% knockback resistance was HUGE dps increase for mages and warlocks and saved tanks by letting the other healers finish their casts.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsylton
    The whole reason for putting up certain auras really had nothing to do with the actual aura's buffs. They are nice, but nothing gamebreaking or absolutely necessary at all. The whole reason for putting a specific aura up was because of the talents that buffed that aura tremendously. If you're in a raid and you're the only paladin and you are Ret, there is absolutely no reason now to have Retribution Aura up at all. Hell you can have Crusader Aura up and still get the 3% damage and 3% haste bonus that talents give you. They've effectively ruined the aura system by allowing talent bonuses for auras to be gained when any aura is active. Removing this "while any aura is active" bullcrap would make specific auras important again, and while they are fixing the totem system, they should probably take a look at auras and maybe spice them up a little. And if you were one of the paladins that accidentally left Crusader Aura up while running through a Heroic, you don't really deserve that 3% damage and haste buff. Know you're class and pay attention. Thanks
    awwwww did someone lose their raid spot

Blizz changed nothing by doing this, you still bring your ret pallies for the ret buff and your holy pallies for the concentration buff and your prot pallies for the devo buff...all thats different is a ret could potentially run concentration to avoid spell knock back by healing

I dont understand how your panties are in a wad about it

Quote Originally Posted by Ddawg
    awwwww did someone lose their raid spot

Blizz changed nothing by doing this, you still bring your ret pallies for the ret buff and your holy pallies for the concentration buff and your prot pallies for the devo buff...all thats different is a ret could potentially run concentration to avoid spell knock back by healing

I dont understand how your panties are in a wad about it
    Because it's just another example of them dumbing down the class. "Well we don't want you to actually have to choose which buffs you want, so we'll just give them all to you." is basically what Blizzard is saying. I preferred when Ret Aura actually gave you the 3% damage and haste buff, not just some talent points and whatever aura you chose. Just think about it. I can have Crusader Aura up in a raid, and still have a 3% damage and haste buff... how does that even make sense?

What? I am very sorry. I do not understand what exactly the problem is.
    I think this topic was made because the OP could not think of any better subject to complain about.

Ridiculous, absolutely.

"Uh~if Swift Retribution works while Retribution Aura is not active, it feels so ~ wrong~ "
    Cry ma a river, this topic is so wrong.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

This was a pretty blanket change, it was meant to help small groups or groups that are strapped for pallies/shaman on fights like Hodir.

The priority is still the same. Holy drops conc aura and uses a resistance aura first. Barring that, a prot and ret pally would need to determine what's better to lose if one of them needed to drop an aura for resistance.