Page 1 of 2
LastLast

JOTW bugged ? or intended

Hey there, im a ret paladin. I have noticed ( a long time ago though ) that when i judge a priest( or any other class with an shield/absorb spell on them ) i do NOT get JOTW + replenishment. is that a bug ? or intended ? cuz when i read tooltip is says, when you JUDGE nothing about it HAS to deal dmg. you could compare it to Mortal strike. if a warrior uses Mortal strike on a priest with Shield on, he still gets MS effect ?

is this intended or ? Discuzz

Re: JOTW bugged ? or intended

It's intended I suppose, but just silly seeing as they fixed warrior rage regen to still collect while beating on something with a absorb effect. Was talking to someone in-game about it, and they were like, "Well, warriors need rage to do damage." Guess that means I don't need mana huh? lol.
    Here's my user friendly signature...enjoy.

It's intended.

Now taking bets how many people we get saying it's stupid and Blizzard hates ret paladins; I'm going with minimum 3 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42
    It's intended.

Now taking bets how many people we get saying it's stupid and Blizzard hates ret paladins; I'm going with minimum 3 pages.

it's stupid and blizz hates paladins.
    (getting the ball rolling =P)
    but yeah, it DOES seem a lil silly.
    Bringing the "hardcoar" to casual since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by SunstrikefromSC
    It's intended I suppose, but just silly seeing as they fixed warrior rage regen to still collect while beating on something with a absorb effect. Was talking to someone in-game about it, and they were like, "Well, warriors need rage to do damage." Guess that means I don't need mana huh? lol.
    again rage and mana is different system, rage start at 0. If you face a team priest as a warrior then you should got no rage until the shield is break by auto attack??
    think first

Its a stupid mechanic but it adds an extra thing to think about between the face roll
    Ofc against a 4/5 T8 Proly Pally its as effective as a mana burn, but lets not get into how stupid that spec/bonus is

Quote Originally Posted by YigiBareTank
    it's stupid and blizz hates paladins.
    (getting the ball rolling =P)
    but yeah, it DOES seem a lil silly.

it's lazy coding. thats what it always is with bliz.

not intended, just an easy side affect

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Well, I said something about in my last blog post, but if you read the tooltip for JotW, nowhere in there does it say "When your Judgement spells deal damage." It just says, "You're judgement spells have a 100% chance to grant you 25% of your base mana." I took out the part about replenishment cause, who cares?

Its been brought up a few times since it got released but has been dusted under the rug as semi-intended/bad wording
    It helps add some skill to fighting others, which I view as a good thing (although Judgements of the Pure applies even with immunes/absorbs with almost the exact same wording)

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte
    again rage and mana is different system, rage start at 0. If you face a team priest as a warrior then you should got no rage until the shield is break by auto attack??
    think first
    No class can time a Rage Burn on you and send you OOM until your spirit brings you high enough to use an ability that grants rage...

Yes, Mana starts full, but we also go through it at a prodigious rate, and any priest can come along and OOM us with just a few casts that we are essentially powerless to stop. OOMing a Ret Paladin is a very real and very effective counter-tactic that is underutilized, thank god. OORing a Warrior of any flavor is foolish and nigh impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    it's lazy coding. thats what it always is with bliz.

not intended, just an easy side affect
    Phase 1: Righteous Vengeance will not break Repentence in PvE/PvP
    Phase 2: Whoops, we broke Righteous Vengeance, and it now breaks Repentence. We will look into it.
    Phase 3: ???

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte
    think first
    Ret doesn't use mana, we use a new and exciting source of power that regenerates about 25% of total every 8 seconds. Hence forth it shall be refer to as void-rage.

EDIT: I am now posting in Pink so that it is moderately difficult and unpleasent to read.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Aren't you the same guy that made this exact same post about a month ago? Because if so gtfo because you complained about it on the real wow forums to.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Horn
    Ret doesn't use mana, we use a new and exciting source of power that regenerates about 25% of total every 8 seconds. Hence forth it shall be refer to as void-rage.

EDIT: I am now posting in Pink so that it is moderately difficult and unpleasent to read.
    You're not posting in pink because its the paladin "color", now, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Noochie
    Aren't you the same guy that made this exact same post about a month ago? Because if so gtfo because you complained about it on the real wow forums to.
    Nope that was me and you are still a douche. Go stand in Dalaran with your epix and call everyone noobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Horn

bastard

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    You're not posting in pink because its the paladin "color", now, are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    bastard
    No, beauce I like posting in blue and I have been informed I will be banned if I continue to do so. Apperantly MMO-champion has begun emulating Blizzard's policys.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

And you think posting in a different colour thats even more annoying will make any difference?