Thread: Paladin UI

Paladin UI

Afternoon peep's

Any holy paladins got some good looking but practical UI out there, and maybe have link, had a look on net but can't seem to find a good.

Im switching to holy so want something that will help

Thank in advance

Re: Paladin UI

If the purpose is to assist you in healing, I am not sure that you're looking for an entirely new UI nessecerily, but more like a few addons (Grid, Healbot, Clique, etc).
    Planning is for amateurs.

Ill try and post a link of mine when I get home from work, some of my addons are Grid / Clique and PallyPower.
    Conall the Undying - 80 Protection Paladin (WoW Armory not working atm).

PowerAuras might be nice to have aswell.
    Planning is for amateurs.

I want my UI to be as small as possable so i can se as much as i can and for that i use:
    Grid with all my spells with mouse over macros which can be found just by using Google
    AG unitframes, quartz, Bartender, DBM, PP and Elks Buffbar. it does the job for me
    Here's a My UI with all the warning Signs from DBM and Quartz Spellcast bar, its just Rough cuz im not in a party but Grid Grows out from top left
    http://i42.tinypic.com/11m6t89.jpg (yeah it was too big to link as a pic) :S'
    (edit: yeah i know im in ret.. but only when i took the photo, i am main holy every since i hit 70 and 80 )

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchonBOA
    That botom one is what im looking for do you know name?
    the first one ist Ishtara UI ( dps setting )

the Second one is everlUI ( http://www.wowinterface.com/download...0-everlUI.html )

but i added Cool Line and Pallypower, as well as Deadly Boss Mods and Power Auras.

( Thou i must admit , i was disappointed in Cool line and uninstalled it again )

if your looking for good info on UI construction and themes. I really recommend going to the source.

http://forums.wowace.com/

the stuff in here is mostly brilliant, tho these guys actually have discussions about how many pixels off something is.

if your looking for the basic addons to make your little healadin efficient. heres a quick list with why.

PallyPower..i personally use ZomgBuffs but you cannot change other paladins settings in PP. i dont get promoted for raids so i dont care and ZOMG has other features i like.

Grid/Clique...i never liked healbot when i used it back in BWL...and i adore Grid's simplicity and the easy of use that is Clique. A lot of people like Xpearl. im not one of them. one warning. its gong to take you a day or three to get the hang of grid. but once you do its a whole different world.

I recommend a Scrolling combat text addon. Blizzards isnt bad but SBT, Parrot, or my fave MSBT are nice to have. they subtly let you know how RNG is effecting you and is pretty solid on CD updates. Ive used all of em at one point or another.

Bossmods are actually a big deal for healers. find out what your guild is using and go with it. its probably DBM but not necessarily. go with the flow.

youll notice that i dont make a point of recommending a unitframe mod(i dont really consider grid in that catagory) like ptbull or Xpearl. you dont need it. and this was about what do you really need. i also didnt mention recount or power auras cus you dont really need em. But if you DO want a UF mod, i recomend UnderHood. and if you want to evaluate your HPS and such, go to wowmeteronline.

I don't use Ice hud anymore.

The beef of my UI is dominos, it's very simple and clean. I haven't messed with many more complicated addons. IceHUD ended up being pretty lame despite it's good looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciendar
    the first one ist Ishtara UI ( dps setting )

the Second one is everlUI ( http://www.wowinterface.com/download...0-everlUI.html )

but i added Cool Line and Pallypower, as well as Deadly Boss Mods and Power Auras.

( Thou i must admit , i was disappointed in Cool line and uninstalled it again )
    dude your signature is.....distasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by atf
    dude your signature is.....distasteful.
    As a med student i am distasteful as person I like it and i cannot help it

Might look somehow confusing but works quite smoothly for me.
    I'm playing ret most of the time though.

<3 my UI
    Here's my user friendly signature...enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by SunstrikefromSC

<3 my UI
    Whats the name of your addon that shows the little pic of yourself and your target in your UI?

Here's my user friendly signature...enjoy.