Thread: Tech Issue

Tech Issue

I was playing WoW when my friend decides to trip over the power plug and shuts down my PC,
    after that I log back in WoW and every 5 seconds the screen freezes for 3 seconds and goes back to normal.

Will a normal re-install fix this or will I have to re-format my PC, I checked my CPU Usage it jumps from
    10% to 50%.

Re: Tech Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Revoka
    I was playing WoW when my friend decides to trip over the power plug and shuts down my PC,
    after that I log back in WoW and every 5 seconds the screen freezes for 3 seconds and goes back to normal.

Will a normal re-install fix this or will I have to re-format my PC, I checked my CPU Usage it jumps from
    10% to 50%.
    He probably knocked something loose inside the computer to where its causing the system to hang waiting on a response from it. Open your case up and make sure everything is firmly seated/connected if you are comfortable doing so.

Re: Tech Issue

Did you notice any "New/weird" noises like hard drive or fan's noises that are different from before? Its possible you have plugged out your power while the hard drive was still writing which could cause your read/write of the hard drive to take longer time because of corrupt sectors.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara