Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Resto] How much mana is enough?

In before "lulz cant have enough duh"

Ok that behind us, i was wondering how much Mana is enough? With some more drops from Ulduar i get easy over 30-33k Mana Raid buffed which is never going down at all even in the Hard modes we did and do right now. So kick out some Mana for SP or just leave it and feel good?

Usaly im a Tank healer if that makes any difference o,o. and my Armory is in my sig just click on it suggestions are welcome.

Re: [Resto] How much mana is enough?

epeen> all

fucknormous manapool = epeen.

Recoil - 80 Blood elf Death knight
    Draxxar - 80 Gnome Mage
    Recoil - 80 Orc Hunter
    Lasersill - 80 Troll rogue
    Seisha - 75 Blood elf Paladin
    Lasertorsk - 70 Tauren Druid
    Durug - 70 Orc Warrior
    Tisseflekk - 63 Orc rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Recoil-
    epeen> all

fucknormous manapool = epeen.

sorry WTF ?!?!
    "PVP is only balanced if rogues always win. It´s been like this for over four years" loled a lot

english is not my first language so pls excuse my mistakes ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ori

sorry WTF ?!?!
    oh good i'm not the only confused oen

epeen means the size of your male private part but applied to something online "my mana pool is bigger then your mana pool"

if you look at that as male private part size ....

25-28k is what most resto shamans are going for from what i've seen.

If you're not going oom, that's when you stop stacking int and go for spellpower.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

Huge mana pools are nice. It'll help in the next tier as well.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

i'm one of those 'the more mana you can stack, the better' simply because of the amount of times i've been raid healing & a mt healer's been squished by an add, or ot healing & a raid healer's forgotten to bring along a mana pot -_- but yeah, sounds to me like it's time to swap some gems around, squeeze out some more sp/ crit
    Quote Originally Posted by keke
    It's like asking why the hell bosses attack tanks and not healers. It's like asking why bosses play with us for 10 minutes, and then after 10 minutes they get tired of their toys and enrages and one shots us all. Why didn't they do this from the start? Stupid game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zongo
    Could you imagine Robin Williams in a raid vent...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari
    I'll be in my bunk.

When you stack int, you lose output that could be the difference between a raid member dying or surviving. If you're not going oom, it's just a wasted stat.

Spellpower is going to effect chainheal more than any other stat, and it also effects AA for when you're riptide/lhw healing. There's no point not to gem for sp, unless you're running into mana problems.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

Go 26k mana raidbuffed, that's enough. I've got a couple of int gems, as I ran into some mana difficulties sometimes, though as it's ok now hat my raid got a better dps, I'm considering switching back to SP/Haste gems.

Oh and a pal I know has 31k mana, now that is putting int gems on everything.

You'll get a fine balance if you use Int/SP gems and Int-JW gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Amana
    Go 26k mana raidbuffed, that's enough. I've got a couple of int gems, as I ran into some mana difficulties sometimes, though as it's ok now hat my raid got a better dps, I'm considering switching back to SP/Haste gems.
    Why would you gem for haste? It's been proven to be bad for 90%+ of fights. Until you're using chainheal more than riptide/lhw, haste will always be bad to gem for, or have excessive amounts of.

With ulduar gear, there's a huge loss in mana regen from t7 content gear. You gain output, and lose longevity. Spellpower and int, and int/mp5 for blue sockets will be what we gem for until the next batch of higher level items come out. You shouldn't stack int, but you also shouldn't overlook it.

Why would you gem for haste? It's been proven to be bad for 90%+ of fights. Until you're using chainheal more than riptide/lhw, haste will always be bad to gem for, or have excessive amounts of.
    Haste AALL the way, Its awesome, and its not proven to be bad, i got arround 680 haste, 2500 spellpower, 23k mana.
    No mana problems @ all, you should go for haste, i gues u havent been doing hardmodez yet?

raid buffed 28,4k mana when noble deck proc 33k priest buff on 39,6k mana.
    its god like.

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenmirror

With ulduar gear, there's a huge loss in mana regen from t7 content gear. You gain output, and lose longevity. Spellpower and int, and int/mp5 for blue sockets will be what we gem for until the next batch of higher level items come out. You shouldn't stack int, but you also shouldn't overlook it.
    Most of the time i ignore blue Slots or use a JC gem (for now). I don't see any use for 3mana/5 but than again getting bigger output i think every SP counts (socket bonuses). And with not going oom i mean not even using Mana tide most of the time. That is why i want to change some gems around or even gear in the future for higher healing output.
    And like brokenmirror said you loose a shit ton of mana regen but the more Ulduar gear you get the less mana/5 is relevant to you. When you go for the crit sets as me you use your Water shield orbs like no tomorrow and get 3-4 procs in a range of 10-15seconds which is 2k mana in a matter of seconds.

@Kussen:

25 hard modes always lack dps power so meh on 10man hard modes we are more active. Done 6 or 7 i think need to check my Achievments xD. Haste i don't know tbh you need so many of it to feel or see any difference that you loose so many "vital" stats. It just dosent seam to add up for me personaly to gem it in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kussensloop
    Haste AALL the way, Its awesome, and its not proven to be bad, i got arround 680 haste, 2500 spellpower, 23k mana.
    No mana problems @ all, you should go for haste, i gues u havent been doing hardmodez yet?

So you cast 1.6-1.7 chainheals? What's that going to do when people are spread out, and your chainheal isn't hitting 3-4 people to make it better than riptide/lhw?

You do know riptide/lhw spam is better than chainheal the majority of the time right? Especially if you're critting with them.

And like brokenmirror said you loose a shit ton of mana regen but the more Ulduar gear you get the less mana/5 is relevant to you. When you go for the crit sets as me you use your Water shield orbs like no tomorrow and get 3-4 procs in a range of 10-15seconds which is 2k mana in a matter of seconds.
    I've also been leaning more toward crit on some fights. I'm at around 39-41% raid buffed in my crit set

On hard hard mode council 25 man, I am running into mana issues because I am the only person purely healing the raid, with the druid and priest occasionally throwing out their instant aoe heals after the first guy dies.

I only did Iron council hard mode on 10man we want to try 25 this sunday and see how it goes ^^. And how many is holding up to it.

I dont see the point in a 1.5-1.6 Chain heal spam. In most fights your are spread out and tank healing with such a long cast time is not worth the mana. At mimi it might be good but for most of Ulduar i dont think this will hold up against crit sets.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

If you're not going oom, that's when you stop stacking int and go for spellpower.
    he don't look to have any of those "real encounters" (25man hard-modes) done so he dont really know whats going oom and whats not :P

try freya and heartbreaker for example and you might reconsider your "mana problems" again

If you leave up the robot that cleaves and stand beside it, it procs watershields and it doesn't one shot you

Freya 2-3 tree seems more of a joke if anything. You just need healers on top of their game.

If you look at any of the top guilds, their shamans don't stack int either. They use the exact gems I said we would be using until 3.2 gear.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Freya 2-3 tree seems more of a joke if anything.
    havent checked lately but i doubt theres ALOT of guilds downed it. oh not to mention that just by rng you can get 23k in the face in same exact 0.1seconds time so nothing healers can do for that, people prefer 25k++ buffed health for the first training days etc.

lemme know if u got some nice links/shots for the joke of that fight