Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Draenei / Human / Nelf

Hey guys, my priest who will be healing at 80 is 76 right now and a question hit me. Is a night elf priest even really that good? At the time my first toon was about 30ish, so I just picked the nelf cause they looked cool and there were a million humans wherever you look. Now looking at all the racials and whatnot, I'm not sure a nelf was the best thing to pick.

I'm deciding upon rerolling a human or draenei, but I can't just bring myself to delete a 76 on a whim. So I ask you, is it worth it to reroll for some racial bonus'? :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliekcookies View Post
    WoW is like heroine among MMORPGs. Once you're hooked, it's an addiction. You can't go back to anything weaker.

Re: Draenei / Human / Nelf

its really not worth it, the human bonus is rather small, and draenie is only 1% hit, and getting hit cap as a spriest takes only 3-4 pieces of gear with hit and theres items for every slot with hit on them.

besides, as a NE you can not die on wipes, and it makes gathering herbz ez

/target random undead
    /cast shackel
    /gather herb
    /shadowmeld
    /mount

unless u have all the time in the world rerolling a 76 just cuz of race is stupid

Quote Originally Posted by dunky
    its really not worth it, the human bonus is rather small, and draenie is only 1% hit, and getting hit cap as a spriest takes only 3-4 pieces of gear with hit and theres items for every slot with hit on them.

besides, as a NE you can not die on wipes, and it makes gathering herbz ez

/target random undead
    /cast shackel
    /gather herb
    /shadowmeld
    /mount
    Yes, but I leveled him due to the lack of Holy priests in the raiding guild I'm in...since I will be healing I would roll draenei for the instaheal they have as kind of an "Oh shit" button. Also I'm not interested in herb / mine farming as I'm a tailor / chanter (250sp to back and 38sp to ring yummy).

Also Yes I know I excluded dwarves, but (no offense to those who play them) you have to admit their racial is pretty weak for priests.
    WoW is like heroine among MMORPGs. Once you're hooked, it's an addiction. You can't go back to anything weaker.

Draenei get a heal and 1% hit. Not worth it over shadowmeld.
    Humans get a decent bonus for priest. Not worth rerolling over.

Race actually doesn't matter...for anyone. The difference is <1%.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Seriously, racials will not have that big an affect, some racials will save your ass from time to time, but i fail to see how the 3minute draenei hot will or the 3% extra spirit, stay with you NE, heck you can shadowmeld and rez the raid if you whipe sometimes i guess, that's doing something too

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin
    Seriously, racials will not have that big an affect, some racials will save your ass from time to time, but i fail to see how the 3minute draenei hot will or the 3% extra spirit, stay with you NE, heck you can shadowmeld and rez the raid if you whipe sometimes i guess, that's doing something too
    Yeah...I used to love that back in the day...wait for the boss to turn to you. Fade. Wait for him to kill everyone else and turn to you again. Smeld.

Decided not to reroll Sorry for the scrub question and waste of time >.<

Well, i see you have made the right decision, but in case you ever think of it again, DO NOT reroll.

I have been playing a nelf priest throughout the expansion, and i see many use the fade > smeld trick to *try* to survive a wipe. Well it doesn't always work, especially if ppl die too slow :P but i always try.

There's another good point here, and that's when you get aggro mid-fight, use fade, and then get aggro again from another mob and your fade is still on CD... Well at this point humans and draenei (and dorfs) die, and nelves just smeld.

Not to mention it being nice in BGs.

I wouldn't replace this racial for any other.

You do not want to level 1-80 again after the spirit nerf.

and most people see N/E players are 10 year old kids unless ur geared with Tx

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin
    You'll miss the next heroism... i prefer to die.

Can Nelves still drink after the shadowmeld? I know that used to work but I presume it got nerfed somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by Devotion
    and most people see N/E players are 10 year old kids unless ur geared with Tx
    Because having tier gear means you're older and mature? Not sure what you were getting at with this.

Glad to see you didn't do it, everyone has stated the good reasons why you should stick and they are all right. I've thought about rerolling a few times but not because of my racial, I'm undead it's fairly decent, but because of how ugly armor looks on an undead. Cosmetic reasons! I'm so glad I didn't though, so much hard work has been put into my character.

I must say I think all alliance races looks ehhhh though hehe. Trolls = best race in all of Warcraft lore!

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

15+ Year Old Account

Fem nelves look the best out of the alliance females in gear.

It's always worth it if you choose draenei female! :

Dwarf male
    /end
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Not worth it realy...i got the same problem i tought of rolling my lock again as an Undead at the end of BC (He is a Blood Elf).

But never did it, couldn't throw away 100+ days of gametime, now i actualy realy like my elf ^^. Racials are not that important, if you like how your character look, stay with him.

Let him/her die.

AND REBORN AS A MIGHTY UNDEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Race actually doesn't matter...for anyone. The difference is <1%.
    Night Elf tanks get 2% more avoidance.
    That is actually a pretty big bonus, especially if your a DK tank that AoE tanks alot of things.

Dranie hit isnt just 1%, its 5% when your raiding. If you have a goat in each group that is 25% hit.
    And that means every dpser can use an extra +19 spell gem or +16 str gem instead.

Example -
    15 dps x 19 spell gem = 135 spell power more for the raid.
    or
    15 dps x 16 strength gem = 240 str which is approx an extra 500 ap since str is increasing with kings.

Anyone who says racials dont mean squat clearly dont know what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    unless u have all the time in the world rerolling a 76 just cuz of race is stupid

It takes about 2 weeks of to get to level 80 if you are not trying very hard. I would prefer to play a race I actually like than to keep slogging along playing a character I don't like.

Racials are an alright way to choose, but they can mean absolutely nothing, like the Draenei one. If you are in a group with another Draenei, then it is worthless.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.