Thread: Disc ok?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Disc ok?

Quote Originally Posted by darkdestiny
    Sorry I scrolled up after i was going to log and saw this post, I had to make another comment. Now way in hell does holy require more concentration than Disc, the only concentration I can think of trying to stay alive while healing. My priest is dual spec and when I used holy It's easy mode and rather boring for me. Disc actually makes you react faster especially when there is aoe dmg that you didn't see comming. No smart ass Heal like CoH for a top off. Now if you know aoe dmg is comming you can quickly spam shields on everyone (again requiring more effort than CoH) to mitigate most of it. But Holy more concentration than Disc? I don't think so.
    Holy requires more concentration because it doesn't have fast heal in form of PW:S and Penance + hasted flash heal. It also has less mana and goes oom way faster. It also has SoL procs which you have to utilize smart. Now you can throw any argument you want, the fact is that disc has less spells and faster heals and mostly heals tank(s) and throws PoH when tank is fine. Holy has to manage mana / sol / and also time when to drop PoH so it isn't wasted on overhealing. Besides, this game is so ridiculously easy and the amount of concentration taken to play any of the 2 specs properly isn't larger than noticing when the green light is on at the traffic light.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Holy requires more concentration because it doesn't have fast heal in form of PW:S and Penance + hasted flash heal.
    Having bursty output based on cooldowns means we dont need to concentrate?

Besides, this game is so ridiculously easy and the amount of concentration taken to play any of the 2 specs properly isn't larger than noticing when the green light is on at the traffic light.
    Ugh, saying holy is harder to play then going on to say neither spec requires concentration pretty much makes your entire opinion void.

Disc ok? Hell no..

Disc awesome? Fuck yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos-
    Having bursty output based on cooldowns means we dont need to concentrate?

Ugh, saying holy is harder to play then going on to say neither spec requires concentration pretty much makes your entire opinion void.
    It's not my fault you got comprehension issues. Neither is hard to play, holy requires more things to watch for than disc does. You can try to flame and argue all you want now, I'm not in the mood to discuss anything with people who write walls of text about something as simple as disc vs holy and give it much attention. If you can't play or prefer one spec over another and want to argue my opinion, I suggest to save your time and simply don't reply.

Lets just keep it at that certain encounters make one or the other spec harder or easier to play, mkay?

Holy requires more concentration because it doesn't have fast heal in form of PW:S and Penance + hasted flash heal. It also has less mana and goes oom way faster. It also has SoL procs which you have to utilize smart. Now you can throw any argument you want, the fact is that disc has less spells and faster heals and mostly heals tank(s) and throws PoH when tank is fine. Holy has to manage mana / sol / and also time when to drop PoH so it isn't wasted on overhealing. Besides, this game is so ridiculously easy and the amount of concentration taken to play any of the 2 specs properly isn't larger than noticing when the green light is on at the traffic light.
    Like I said and I put the word ME in bold in my post, from my experience as raiding with both specs holy did not require more concentration, this is from my experience. Now you can throw out any arguement you want, if you find you have to concentrate more then thats you. .......maybe you just suck? Having more spells actually gives you variety and more options to use in certian situations, which is something holy has but disc doesn't. Like I said holy doesn't require more concentration, End of discussion.

From a tanks perspective, I really enjoy have a good disc priest taking care of me. Having someone be able to anticpate what's going to happen is a huge benefit. The fact that there is such a heated arguement here shows that Blizzard did a great job with the priest class. There is no definite answer as to which tree is better, the answer will be found in which tree is better for YOU. For some players, holy will fit their playstyle better, for others, disc is the way to go. Either way, both are helpful and needed in raids. Keep up the good work guys, maybe you don't hear it enough, but your tanks appriciate you!

Quote Originally Posted by Brama
    From a tanks perspective, I really enjoy have a good disc priest taking care of me. Having someone be able to anticpate what's going to happen is a huge benefit. The fact that there is such a heated arguement here shows that Blizzard did a great job with the priest class. There is no definite answer as to which tree is better, the answer will be found in which tree is better for YOU. For some players, holy will fit their playstyle better, for others, disc is the way to go. Either way, both are helpful and needed in raids. Keep up the good work guys, maybe you don't hear it enough, but your tanks appriciate you!
    Yup, as a DK tanks I just adore disc priests if they're able to keep up up. They give me a free frost strike every 15 seconds too.

As a priest, I do prefer disc over holy, too.
    Holy bores the shit out of me.. Disc is just so much more fun.

I'm not in the mood to discuss anything with people who write walls of text about something as simple as disc vs holy and give it much attention.
    And yet you posted in a forum discussion where this was the exact nature to which the discussion had turned...

Blatantly unaware hypocrisy makes me chuckle...

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Like I said and I put the word ME in bold in my post, from my experience as raiding with both specs holy did not require more concentration, this is from my experience. Now you can throw out any arguement you want, if you find you have to concentrate more then thats you. .......maybe you just suck? Having more spells actually gives you variety and more options to use in certian situations, which is something holy has but disc doesn't. Like I said holy doesn't require more concentration, End of discussion.
    Yes I suck. Mr. psychologist wins over the internet with undisputable argument. Derailing the thread by scrubs for the win

I could write down facts, such as what holy priest watches for and the number of things would be larger than number of things disc watches for, but a n00by flamer won't read it and will try to "burn" me. Cba to talk to idiots, I'll rather go watch badger badger flash movie.

Yes I suck. Mr. psychologist wins over the internet with undisputable argument. Derailing the thread by scrubs for the win
    Opps sorry didn't mean to hit a nerve. If you can't understand when someone disagrees with you, maybe you shouldn't be posting?

If you think you hit my nerve for showing how stupid you are, then you have more problems than I can imagine

If you think you hit my nerve for showing how stupid you are, then you have more problems than I can imagine
    But yet here you are trying to make weak comebacks cause your hurt I said you suck. To agrue with someone who you claim is stupid and/or has problems.......... It makes you wonder who the stupid one really is ;D

I started out as disc before the buff to PoH and it was just not cutting it in raids/heroics. Since the buff I have tried disc and I like it..but the point is that holy and disc do 2 different jobs. Yes, you can raid heal as disc, but it simply is not as powerfull. Yes, you do have awesome mana regen, but as holy I simply never go oom neways. If you have a lot of druids / holy priests in your guild, go DIsc because it is one of the most powerfull, if not the most powerfull, tank heal speccs in the game. If you have many paladins in your raid, your prolly gunna want to go holy for CoH spam. It all comes down to what you need in raids. Were talkin about apples and oranges here imo
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

But yet here you are trying to make weak comebacks cause your hurt I said you suck. To agrue with someone who you claim is stupid and/or has problems.......... It makes you wonder who the stupid one really is ;D
    It hurt me that an idiot said I suck? What "hurts" me that there are morons like you who flame and post incredibly stupid stuff at topics like this. You're too dumb to understand what I'm talking about so I'm stopping here. Oh - open up a blog or myspace account and hang around with other morons there, we might get a cleaner space here.

It hurt me that an idiot said I suck? What "hurts" me that there are morons like you who flame and post incredibly stupid stuff at topics like this. You're too dumb to understand what I'm talking about so I'm stopping here. Oh - open up a blog or myspace account and hang around with other morons there, we might get a cleaner space here.
    Since when did I start out flaming or put out stupid stuff at the topic? what I said that you considered stupid was not at the topic it was directed at you. If you read to my first post (which you obviously failed too) you would see I gave my thoughts on Disc vs. Holy, I replied to yours and said i don't agree with the fact that holy needs more cencentration than Disc. You got butt hurt and started a failed attempt to derail my reply with stupid Flaming QQ. If you want make serious comebacks when someone says you suck. At least do it right, your latest posts are going in every direction about stupid, moron, non-sense. You could of done better had you developed reading comprehension skills in regards to my previous post, instead of making yourself look like an idot trying to keep up with my replies lol. Oh and yes stopping where you are will really help with people to not see you as very dumb, but just dumb.

PS.

A Happy face for you

i find holy to be much more fun when raiding 25, the healing output is crazy at times if you get put on tank duty, then Disc ftw.

Is not a matter of which spec is best or if disc is ok, you use what is best in the situation. I prefer disc for 5 man, and sometimes 10 man raids as well, but Holy is way more fun when raid healing imo. (oh yeah and GS is imba)

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonerism
    I'm no expert(emphasis here, so dont take this as gospel) - but the disc priests that I have seen seem to be better as single target healers, typically MT healers in large raids. for 5 mans the major advantage of being holy seems to be CoH, so unless your really good at whack-a-mole healing your gonna need some kind of aoe heal.

I'm not saying you cant do 5 mans as disc, it just seems a lil easier as holy (people may expect CoH spec).
    No you dont, prayer of healing is just fine in 5mans, I find it actually better then CoH becuase it has better range. I have cleared all heroics and nax as disc, not a problem at all. But in Nax 25 i dont do raid healing becuase my penace is a god single target healing spell. and CoH IS better for 25mans.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

To address the OP, Discipline is fine, and unless you're running with incompetent people who use the position on the healing meters to determine worth, you're fine.

I am personally specced for both, and I switch as the fight calls for it. I generally prefer Holy, simply because that style fits my approach to healing better. However, in some cases, even in some raid healing situations, Discipline is flatly superior to Holy (eg, Vezax, whether MT or raid, Discipline wins). Some will say that one spec requires more concentration that the other, but I think that's silly as well. Personally, I need to concentrate a lot more when I heal as Discipline, but I also have a lot more experience with Holy, prefer to stay that spec unless Discipline is necessary, and I'm generally geared more for Holy (since it's my main spec); so sure, saying it requires more concentration for me isn't really saying anything.

The way I look at it, Priests really lucked out, because we can fill any healing niche, and not just pull it off, but excel at it. As a dual spec Holy/Disc, I know that, pretty much regardless of who the other healers are, that I can make sure any given assignment is covered by a class/spec that has the tools to handle it effectively. And with regard to all of the talk of concentration, compare where either Discipline or Holy is to comparable classes. You have Paladins with Holy Light spam; even if Discipline were only a 3 button CD watch (and it isn't), it's still far more interesting when it comes to MT healing. For raid healing, you have Druids spamming HoTs and WGs on CD or Shamans spamming Chain Heal and Ripe Tide on CD; Holy not only has a larger arsenal than either of them, but has stacks and procs to watch for in additional to CDs.

So let's stop this "Holy > Disc" "No, Disc > Holy" bickering, and just say that both are viable healing specs for pretty much any level of PVE content, and that together they make Priests one heck of a fun healing class to play.

Well for me i used holy in TBC, started naxx (WotLK) as holy, but it got so boring for me, and wanted to test something new. lvled a druid, got it up (RAF FTW) and started naxx, might be that naxx was faceroll that made the druid boring for me aswell(have not tested it in Ulduar yet)
    But when i respecced to Disc i was so glad i did, OS 3D, timing those shields on the MT, burst the health up after a flamebreath, etc, etc. Imo disc is more fun, might be the case that it is new to me. In ulduar its a really enjoyable class/specc to play.

Must say Blizz did a good job on the Priest in 3.1, Would like to see the Powerword: Barrier tho