Poll: Which classes are being left out of raids because they don't bring enough?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Most underrespresented class?

i gotta say boonkin and shadowpriest for same reasons as someone already mentioned above: nice buff, but you dont want more than one because of quite bad dps

in our raid its a bit different: i'm mostly the only dk, we do not have any shamans but 2 healers and our only off warri is almost never there

Fury warriors have it bad only buffs they have are battle shout and 5% crit buff and both have a better version, paladins give out might which overrides it and feral druids get a constant 5% crit aura. also the warrior dosent bring enough deeps to make up for his lack of buffs

I would say Rogues, warriors and shaman. Almost every raid i go to, there are no rogues or warriors, and im the only shaman =/

Along with Death Knights and Ret paladins, most rogues really dont know how to spec or what gems/weapons to use it what hands or what rotation to use. I find this really sad because they could easily be on their way to top dps in a raid if they just did a little more research. Seeing rogues with a 2.5+ speed in their off hand and a dagger in their mainhand...sometimes I just facepalm and say to myself "just keep walking dont say anything"

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Lol i wonder who selected shaman.

Because they bring UNIQUE buffs.

5% casting haste,
    totem of wrath,
    heroism,
    stoneskin totem (yes it stacks with devo aura),
    cleansing totem,
    one of the few who can remove curses.

AND normal utility such as WF/10% ap/5% spellcrit/SoE/etc etc

Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Deleted

None.

Oh hai guildie! <3

Well, in PuG's most of the times i pray for a shaman, but 8 out of the 10 times, shaman is not in the group. As Kevintie already said, they bring unique buffs. Second: they just look fricking cool!

Much thanks to Krinz for this awesome signature!

Wtf is with all this: Oh man moonkin and S.priests do bad dps...

As if, I can top the damage charts with an S.priest in my guild, and i'd love watching everyone struggle when we didn't give them that nice extra hit chance + an innervate + replenishment + a battle res.

Honestly the most under represented class because it brings nothing to a raid is like an Unholy DK, I can't think of anything useful off the top of my head they bring but DPS... Other melee classes have stuff like tricks of the trad, and sunders and all that crap that helps the other melee.. But Unholy DK? Last time I looked (albeit a while ago..) saw nothing THAT useful for anyone else. Especially since they got rid of the run speed.

After a quick check all they do is help other classes that weild diseases with Crypt Fever, and then the anti magic shield. Stil not really a biggy except the shield which is like a 2/3 times a fight use, and that's only really if you're an Unholy Tank, and I think there are less of those lately because people are going Blood or w/e these crazy kids do nowadays.

everyone is getting into raids rightnow.

what i see happening that could lead to a drop off in mages has to do with the fact that for some reason no locks want to cast shadowbolts to put 5% crit on a boss,so the mages get stuck with it,and have to hurt there dps via casting 5 scorches off the bat (ttwfb cookie cutter glyphs are molten armor,living bomb,and fireball).

To a lock its asking too much of them to open with a shadow bolt and then cast one shadow bolt every 30 seconds across a boss fight when shadowbolt is a good damage causing spell on a short cast time,but in there opinion its not too much to ask of mages to start out casting 5 inferior damage scorches over 5 global cooldown cycles and then weaving them in every 30 seconds across the fight.

My main is a mage and I know im biased,but most warlocks are not team players(go figure the guys who hang out with enslaved demons have issues with there people skills)

the people who mention shammys as not bringing enough to a raid may be talking about enhancement shammys,if you have a pair of dks the shammy only brings one buff to the melee as the others get overwritten by other buffs.

15+ Year Old Account

I'd say the reason people vote for shaman is because all you need is 1 and usually that would be a healer. Your possibly losing out on raid buffs if you start stacking shaman.

Every raid needs a shammy, so they get their spot.
    As for me, it's rogues and warlocks. Well warlocks are good for summoning stones, but rogues? Just dps and a couple debuffs.
    Stop reading my sig, bro!

Deleted

I'd say rogues because I haven't seen many of them around in our raids (that's mainly because there aren't many active rogues in the guild though) but:

"Which classes are being left out of raids because they don't bring enough?"

Class is not what we look at. We bring anyone who's good enough. It's the player, not the class.

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah it seems alot of people decided not to bring their Rogues to 80. not sure why it's like they wall Died in a night or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dessan
    Honestly the most under represented class because it brings nothing to a raid is like an Unholy DK, I can't think of anything useful off the top of my head they bring but DPS...
    Ebon Plague, nuff said. I'd fathom AMZ has it's uses as well, besides, they all can blow the Horn of Gon ... erm, Winter.

OT, depends how much you raid stack, a well composed raid will have a bit of everything, there is no reason to left out any single class, because Blizzard took good care that their individual group/raid buffs do not overlap too much.

Another question would be, how much of the SAME class you want to bring to your raid? How much MORE does another member of the same class and more importantly spec bring? This is where I fail to see the logic behind Blizzards reasoning to glass ceiling the hybrid DPS.

How much is your second Owl, Elemental Shaman, Fury Warrior, Retribution Paladin, etc. worth? If the buffs have all been already handed out, and some by their healing/tanking counterparts, why would you bring more, if their DPS is sub par when compared to stacking pure DPS for the sake of stacking DPS? Here's where the 'bring the player not the class' mantra diminishes in validity, at least IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by coldethyl

what i see happening that could lead to a drop off in mages has to do with the fact that for some reason no locks want to cast shadowbolts to put 5% crit on a boss,so the mages get stuck with it,and have to hurt there dps via casting 5 scorches off the bat (ttwfb cookie cutter glyphs are molten armor,living bomb,and fireball).

To a lock its asking too much of them to open with a shadow bolt and then cast one shadow bolt every 30 seconds across a boss fight when shadowbolt is a good damage causing spell on a short cast time,but in there opinion its not too much to ask of mages to start out casting 5 inferior damage scorches over 5 global cooldown cycles and then weaving them in every 30 seconds across the fight.

My main is a mage and I know im biased,but most warlocks are not team players(go figure the guys who hang out with enslaved demons have issues with there people skills)

what I can see is a drop off in warlocks due to the fact for some reason mages are unable to now apply socrch in their rotation, in their main dps spec when it has *always been their debuff*. Would it hurt their dps to get in a glyph or to communicate with their other mages along with casting living bomb, fireball and waiting for pyro procs?

To a mage its too much asking them to apply one measely spell every fight then waste one GCD keeping it up every 30 sec across a boss fight where it is on a very short cast time (approx 0.5 sec shorter than reapplying shadowbolt... again which is not longer in a warlocks dps rotation and isn't used when in death's embrace range for affliction)

My main is a warlock and I rerolled from a mage, so yes I am highly biased but then warlocks are losing a lot more using shadow bolt than mages are of asking more than one mage (every mage is going to be fire in a raid - your one affliction warlock is taking a dps hit) so you don't even have to glyph for it. So IMO mages are not team players and with this attitude are just there to provide food.

See? I can make unfair judgements too Only given the fact that fire is the main dps tree of mages whilst destro is one for warlocks I can argue more on mages not passing their buffs off on someone else. Hint - that warlock destro is supplying you free mana via imp. soul leech so don't be a hater

And Yeah I voted for warrriors, rogues, moonkins and spriests as not having a lot anymore. Rogues and dps warriors especially as they offer little raid buffs, spriests are overshadowed (no pun intended) as most classes have replenishment, and moonkins as most I have met aren't particular smart - might just be my own experience but most intelligent dps druids I know spec kitty.

Deleted

Who voted priest? -.^

I accidentally voted shaman, but I think rogues are underrepresented, unlike most other classes they dont really bring utility. (talking mostly combat here)