Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Blizzard is trying to take Rets away from the light.

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola
    I've played a ret paladin since starting in BC, and I for one welcome the nerfs. It does as the poster above me says. Makes this faceroll spec, less faceroll so it removes nubs and fotm tards from my spec.

Dare I even say I look forward to more nerfs to make this spec more challenging.
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

while ret still have the most pop in 2200 and more.

Retri does indeed need to be harder to play.

I would keep all the machanics the same, but just stop everything happening automatically in your normal dps rotation.

Make vengeance proc off something actually interesting, I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola
    I've played a ret paladin since starting in BC, and I for one welcome the nerfs. It does as the poster above me says. Makes this faceroll spec, less faceroll so it removes nubs and fotm tards from my spec.

Dare I even say I look forward to more nerfs to make this spec more challenging.
    Says the unranked Ret Paladin with less than 10k lifetime kills.  You do realize they're talking about PvP?  Nerfing doesn't = less faceroll.  It just means you can't kill d1ck while facerolling anymore. Ret needs a revamp.

who cares about RPing, if its fun, its fun.
    Red Bull Gives You Wings!

Retribution damage abilities need reason, other than "to do damage".

A DK has atleast 2 diseases, with more reason than just "to do damage". Each disease increases damage and/or healing of other abilities. They also build runic power, which in turn is needed for other abilities.

A destruction warlock needs to put up immolate, not only to do damage, but to enable use of conflagerate.

An arms warrior needs to put up rend, not just for damage, but to proc overpower.

The list goes on. But not for retribution.
    We just have "hit that button! Then that one! Then that one!!! Now wait....wait a little more...just a liiitle bit longer.... Now hit that button again!!!"

...which, frankly, gets kinda boring.

So nerf or not, I welcome any kind of revamp that either a) puts a twist on existing abilities, making it matter when and how they are used, or b) introduces some new abilities which depend on the old ones (probably while nerfing the damage output of the existing ones a bit), or c) a combination of (a) and (b).

For instance, I could see Crusader Strike stacking a buff on the paladin, that is needed to use Divine storm at all, with each stack increasing the damage of DS. Say at 3 stacks, it does the damage it does today. Lower damage on Crusader Strike to say 70% of what it is today, and lower cooldown to 3-4 seconds.

That in itself wouldn't be enough though, and perhaps there are reasons why it wouldn't be a good idea in the first place...but just..something....you know? Something...

What I would really LOVE is a reactive offensive ability along the lines of Mind Freeze (is that what it's called?) or Overpower. Either by chance on hit (too OP?) or on DS crits (too UP?) or the like.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dajuicedog
    I love how every single class is the FOTM. Even classes that suck in every aspect of the game like ret paladins. I mean shit.. EVERYONE has to be rerolling the worst PVE single target class and the eziest to counter PVP class ever (if idiots know ANYTHING about kiting). Maybe it is the FOTM if you like the flavor of shit. mmm nutty.
    Thing is, they don't suck in every aspect and if played well are extremely powerful in PVP. You have people like the OP complaining about no one being able to break 2000 when on my battlegroup, 50% of the top 10 teams at one point had a ret paladin and the #2 team still consists of Ret/Disc. When you are complaining that so many people can't break a certain rating, yet good players can, you are a typical FOTM. And yeah we might not be that hot at single target dps, but considering that the vast majority of fights in Ulduar have some type of aoe, we don't do that bad there either.

He is bad, the nerfs are justifiable, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintety
    mo i am 4 and retarted
    yes you are,
    qq thread
    please just ban these lamers...they should stay out of what was a good forums about a year ago...

Damn, I couldn't even get past the first few lines of the OP without having to stop and just gaze in awe at just how retarded the poster is.

This line really caught my attention:

Don't get me wrong, there are some really talented rets out there who are able to get above 2k arena rating but how many are they compared to the entire ret community?
    So, basically, what's being said here is that when a skilled player plays a retadin the class is fine, but it's so overpopulated with retards that Blizzard should balance around that?
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

I'm happy with my paladin..

Altho FCFS isnt the most fun way of doing deeps..
    And on the PvP side.. Meh, change Repentence into an interrupt with 10 or 15yard range and a 10sec CD and make bubble a deeeeeeeep holy talent. Imo that would pretty much fix Ret PvP wise.

So yeah.. More pew pew and less QQ?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

wish ppl would just stop defend ret palas. Blizz said they have a low skill cap, and there is a small different between noob ret and a skilled ret.

"our burst is fine because we can't kill healers" We all have that problem >_<

so your solution to rep pally pvp is not buffing and balancing paladin abilities, but nerfing every other class down to our lvl? il take some buffs plz. i dont care where other classes are, as long as they are in reach
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Most people just don't know how to play vs. rets.
    sig
    Your signature is in violation of the signature guidelines, and has been corrected.

Deleted

Retribution is not OP as people say they are, on arena we might actually get that burst done to kill a player in no time, but that is rarely seen. I can't seem to find any other way to kill an enemy on arena than getting the healer go oom, or just find a spot where either of the enemies would fail. The reason for this might be because I don't own a good weapon yet, Black Ice isn't the best one out there. It's also pretty annoying how much weapon can affect arena. If we get a mirror combo (retri + restodr00d), with the other retardin having Betrayer of Humanity or some Ulduar weapon, we get facerolled down in 1 millisecond. If it's a retardin with Titansteel Destroyer or some other low item level weapon, we usually win because the enemy retri pala can't get enough damage through. I liked the old TBC times when people could buy weapons with honor, so everyone could have a fair start in arenas, instead of normally tank specced people having a crappy weapon and the people that are retri specced for pve too having Betrayer or something like that. Retri is too much based on burst damage and we have a long down time after using the 3 abilities we have. I know that there would be no downtime if I would make a macro equipping my shield for Shield of the Righteousness, but the damage input of that ability is just way too low to even bother using that macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiecutter
    While I know Lay on Hands doesn't work in Arena due to cooldown, Blizzard does not completely ignore classes in battlegrounds or world PvP.
    I think Death Knights are very powerful, but they, as have rets, taken some serious nerfs since 3.0. Frost Strike damage is quite sick however.
    The thing is, Death Knights have some limited heals, very very limited heals, they don't have bubble. I know, everyone hates "bubble" being used as a excuse, and we could argue for ages about bubble-heals when the heals cost a lot of mana (while I don't see a obvious lack of mana for rets.. Judgement of the Wise or whatever), but the fact remains that bubble is a incredibly powerful tool. It effectively doubles your health ([effective health] which is already high due to armor, heals)

Blizzard can't just let a class or specc shine (in this case, many would mean a high representation, probably higher than 10%) out of pity...
    I've read that many wants a slow for retpaladins, is that needed? The damage is already high and while a ret can't really slow a adversary, they are lethal when they come up close (HoJ, Repentance, PoJ) easy to argue with pvp trinkets or other classes being able to slow, but I don't think it applies.
    Or rather, a rets damage might not be as high as say DK, mage or whatever, but damage-output can't be equal when there's a damage immunity versus 9 classes out of 10 (priests), high health, armor and heals. It just doesn't work.
    sorry this is just plain wrong.. I know DKs have had their selfhealing nerfs but they dont have a "limited" healing.

If they want selfhealing go Blood.. Thats what DKs can they can do everything in all tree speccs tank and dps. Tho frost has aoe CC and does lots of spell dmg. Unholy has the survivability and pets. And blood heals.

So generalizing and saying "DKs dont heal good" is shit. Frankly i dont know the numbers nowadays but i know that Blood DKs in arena do heal ALOT if they know how to.

And that now and then insta flash of light Palas get not only heals for crap but makes them oom if they utilize it too much.

Hence why you never see great healing from ret palas and why they never go oom.

Then the noobs will go " I SEE PALAS HEALS LOTS ON SCOREBOARD KK IM NOOB" ever tried raiding with a ret paladin using judgement of light ? they are like right after healers sometimes over some of them.

Nothing to do with the post OPs post tho i think palas are OP tho i dont think they need "NERF BAT" cause i think classes like Druid, DK needs way more nerfs. and as i always say if you wanna balance start where its worse and that my dear friends is Druids stupidly UP class not on the fact that they can fill all rolls in the game but they heal well Burst dps just as well as rogues and that is fucking up sry.

-Ivpiv