Thread: Raid Ready?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Raid Ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Numptydumbty
    Technically in a perfect world you are correct.

However the guild I raid with do not have a shadowpriest or boomkin in our 10 man roster so I have to cap myself without help, otherwise I could consider dropping the 3 points in the hit talent.
    Man, I feel sorry for your guild. If it's not a pug, composition should be taken into consideration before initiating a raid. It's probably better to replace one of the 8 DK's in your 10-mans with a boomkin or spriest anyway.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be mean or anything (the DK comment is a little unfair to you, but in general there are way too many DK's at level 80, probably because it's so easy to zoom through 24 levels instead of 79), but you should really talk to your GM about this. You would probably see a dps increase if you had 3 extra talents that you could put in towards something other than hit. MMO-Champion has a raid composition tool, try it out: http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/

Screwtape, I was just giving gherkin a /pat for knowing way more than I do about warlocks and the game in general. You are right - the game isn't terribly complicated, although some people make it out to be. I haven't done any simcrafting myself, but I do a fair amount of analysis, and gherkin's suggestions are consistently both pragmatic and accurate in my experience. YMMV, I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by L2theuka
    "OMG Rock is so OP NERF NERF NERF, paper is fine though" - Scissors

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Jona
    Man, I feel sorry for your guild. If it's not a pug, composition should be taken into consideration before initiating a raid. It's probably better to replace one of the 8 DK's in your 10-mans with a boomkin or spriest anyway.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be mean or anything (the DK comment is a little unfair to you, but in general there are way too many DK's at level 80, probably because it's so easy to zoom through 24 levels instead of 79), but you should really talk to your GM about this. You would probably see a dps increase if you had 3 extra talents that you could put in towards something other than hit. MMO-Champion has a raid composition tool, try it out: http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/
    No offense taken

My guild is made up of of RL friends ( we have struggled to get 10 online to run Ulduar more than a couple of times) so that's why I stick with it - more important than ditching them to up my DPS. You have given me something to think about for 25 man pug raids though - I have dual spec so perhaps I could run 3-13-55 as normal and also 0-13-58 for 25 man raids with buffs lol

Quote Originally Posted by Proffessor
    Get some BOE AH gear, some quest blues, and you are ready to push 2k with ease. There is NO excuse to be poor dps with sites like this one designed to help the community improve!
    Amen to ^this!
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terenas&n=Pallieter (retired)

15+ Year Old Account

@Numpty

Point for point, 3/3 Suppression is a greater dps gain than 3/3 Backlash or Destructive Reach. Don't gear for more than 14% and keep these talent points. The itemization spent into more spell power and haste works out in the end.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted

Thanks gherkin.

I've had 3/3 in suppression for as long as I can remember and would be very uncomfortable running without it.

I'm doing over 4k on Patchwerk 10 man so I'm pretty happy where I am right now.

Keep up the good work - it is always appreciated.

Another option for upping your hit is the rune of accuracy. It is bought with 25 wg marks, it adds 95 hit and also works as a trinket...it should only take a couple of days of wg to get it. Well worth it.