Got some prot pally questions

1. Is seals of the pure worth taking?

2. Is Judgements of the Just worth taking

And this isn't for any sort of prot pvp build, this is for straight up pve tanking.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Got some prot pally questions

1- Not really. Some people take it in their builds, but as far as math is concerned, every test I saw (and did myself) put Conviction+Crusade's threat generation over Seals of the Pure. Nice talent, but the other choice (namely the mentioned talents) awards better results.

2- I use it. Some people skip over it considering the attack speed debuff useless due to specific raid environments, such as having a DK with talented Frost Fever. Personally, I like making sure that no matter the condition, that speed debuff is always up. Another thing I personally find very useful is the reduced stun cooldown, mostly due to the interrupt component of HoJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Zoialord

I agree tbh, although i fount the opposite with Conviction and Crusade. For me it's just not a steady enough and reliable enough way i spose.

For some they get on really well, i have a lot of friend's use it and find it to be fine. I couldn't get on with it plus i like having Unyielding Faith.

You have to somewhat test what suit's your style of play some get one really well with the Conv/Crusade builds, Other's get on better with the SoTP builds neither is right or wrong it's just style of play.

As for the second one tbh Judgements of the Just imo is a necessary talent and should not be skipped. You dont always have control over what is in the raid or what happens. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Seals of the Pure provides the same effect as Conv/Crusade, just less of it. There is no play style difference. Crusade is just better.
    Looking for a great guild on Tichondrius?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoten
    1. Is seals of the pure worth taking?

2. Is Judgements of the Just worth taking
    1) No, 53/18 is the spec you want to go for. While SotP is point-for-point equal to conviction, crusade is way better (and PoJ is more useful).

2) Yes, there are too many fights where you cannot rely on other people to put up the debuff for you.

Basically, I'm agreeing with most people.