Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: What has been your top dps in ulduar?

It varies so much from fight to fight:>
    Some fights favour melee and some casters..

Freya and cat lady arent that mage favourable, but here are a few examples.

Vezax: about 10k
    Hodir: something like 15k (varies so much depending on threat, when I get buffs etc)
    Mimiron: about 6.5k
    Kologarn: about 6-6.5k.
    Council: about 7k.

Hmm on our Yogg kill last night I pulled about 6k, just behind our rogue.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by burek
    try pounce-mangle-shred, was much more interesting than just magle spam for me
    But shred hits for less than mangle, and costs the same?

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by zacheryah
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/c.../dps/7/0/3/310

funny how u make a first post to come lie here a bit

6.5k on mimiron, i'd really wanna see a screenshot of that

same as a rogue pulling over 6k considering the assingment of mellee in P2
    Well, it's because recount stops the dps meter during downtime so it calculates it abit different than combatlogs..

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zacheryah
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/c.../dps/7/0/3/310
    funny how u make a first post to come lie here a bit
    6.5k on mimiron, i'd really wanna see a screenshot of that
    same as a rogue pulling over 6k considering the assingment of mellee in P2
    Quote Originally Posted by Swindley
    Well, it's because recount stops the dps meter during downtime so it calculates it abit different than combatlogs..
    Assume 20 seconds between P1/2, P2/3, and P3/4. Add 10 seconds because the first transition is longer than the rest, and we're being generous. 70 seconds total.

Shortest recorded duration of this fight is 6:48, which is 408s
    Highest recorded warlock output on this fight is 5295

5295 * 408 / (408 - 70) = 6391 DPS.

R.I.P. YARG

I realize recount might be abit inaccurate, so I'll try to get a wws instead..

We just recently started logging our fights, and yogg seron kill is the only log we have so far:>

Note that my gear is quite good, I just need abit more practice in some fights to hit top numbers (and luck with buffs etc

Swindley on Frostwhisper btw.

Did about 6.5-6.6k on Ignis last week. A tad under 11k on Hodir due to threat.

10man buffed: 2600spdmg, 28%crit, 430haste, hit capped

XT002: 7.2k
    Council 5.3k
    Ignis: 5.2k

Side question though:
    How do u manage threat on the gimmick fights? On vezax i have to skip the first shadow crash, if its on my side, because id inevitably pull aggro. Happened twice, when we had the first tries on vezax, dps would go up to 10k and after 10sec or so i get aggro. On Hodir i got the cloud buff pretty early on me and got a 40k CB crit followed by a 45k crit conflag.
    Now i just wait with dps on these fights till tanks have 70-80k aggro lead.
    Id say our tanks are pretty good and on all other fights i only can get aggro with a very early dps start, lots of crit luck on my side and a miss/dodge/parry on a high threat move from the tank.
    usually its not that important, but for Hodir hardmode, dps counts. Vezax hard for us is limited by healers mana --> fight length --> dps.
    Switch to Demo for these fights? Just wait with dps? tanks need to improve (or hodir first cloud goes to tank?)

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Give any 3.0.8 Affliction Warlock and they will have a field day with a current Feral Druid.

Too bad leveling one is a pain in the ass. Mine has taken months to get to level 50, and now that I have mangle its actually fun to play. MANGLE MANGLE MANGLE FEROCIOUS BI-LOL U DED

However, I hear this is the same until Northrend. Maybe it gets new or exciting.
    Yeah, they are about the same. But how many good 3.0.8 affliction locks did you know? Maybe 3% of them were really good (And that's not even considering bads, which I don't have to deal with most of the time.)
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

This thread is a good example of people linking off the front page and posting based solely on the thread title, without even reading or looking at what CLASS FORUM IT IS IN???

The other lock and I are almost always on top. We're both destro, I am 0/13/58.

As for DPS, it really depends on the fight. Last week on our XT speed kill w/ no AOE I hit 8.6K. This week on hardmode I did around 7K (I think) fully focused on the boss. Hodir, in 10-man around 11K hard mode, 15-16K in 25man hard mode... I'd say most fights the other lock and I do around 5-6K average.

We have practically every buff imaginable in raids and of course this is fully flasked, food, etc. Decent gear helps too.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...drius&n=Biznut

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    But shred hits for less than mangle, and costs the same?
    i doubt that tbh, maybe they changed something lately, but shred used to hit for more, especially with mangle debuff

Deleted

On Hodir, killed several Flash freezes at start(took about 15 sec), then moved on to Hodir, did 9k dps for 5 seconds then took aggro from Hodir and died. Meh.
    I casted like 4 spells, not joking -.-

Mage, Dk/rogue

730 dps on XT's heart when we were doing heartbreaker in 10 man...

and yes I am full epic!!!!!!!

Holy Paladin deeps ftw

Vezax and Hodir as affliction = bad, I usually die the moment my dps spikes up to 10k. I'm usually between 5.5k-6k without the boss buffs that come along with the fight. I tend to avoid the first shadow crash too as posted earlier, it's just pointless and a hand of salvation isn't usually thought of QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Harle

Side question though:
    How do u manage threat on the gimmick fights?
    Indeed, threat is a huge problem on theese fights.

It's a combination of vigilance, good use of MI and invis, salv, and misdirect and ToTT on the tank:> And still it's a pain with threat!

Especially since all the mages and locks are usually fighting over salv:>

And yes, I also made the mistake of not checking that this was the lock forum Sorry
    But hey, we're all casters right, let's be friends;P

Deleted

Its either a ele shammy or a hunter doing around 5k - 6k average. A weird one I noticed with myself is on hodir 10 man I did 6.1k and on 25 man I did 5.5k :S Think Im missing something about that fight since Iv heard 10k is about average.

ME
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet
    Its either a ele shammy or a hunter doing around 5k - 6k average. A weird one I noticed with myself is on hodir 10 man I did 6.1k and on 25 man I did 5.5k :S Think Im missing something about that fight since Iv heard 10k is about average.
    Stand next to a fire: Your casts will randomly proc 3000 fire damage, which will debuff the target with 2% more magic damage taken, up to 30 stacks (60% more damage)
    Stand in a beam of light: 100% haste rating.
    Stand under a thunderstorm: +135% crit damage

Trick: You enter the room. If the tank parks the boss on the far right iceblock dude, and everyone stacks up behind him, you get ranged to start breaking ice blocks. The ones closest to you will immediately drop the light, the fire, and the thunderstorm, giving almost everyone insane power. These will last for 30-40 seconds, during which you heroism after all the blocks have been broken open.

You now have 1.0s Incinerates (or less) that hit for 8-11k + 3000, and crit for upwards of 30k.

R.I.P. YARG