Page 1 of 3
LastLast

enhance in spellpower gear (arena)

So I’ve looked around for ideas to find ways to stay alive as an elem shaman, I’ve had little success. The new roots is great, but I still can’t stay alive long enough to do anything in a 2's match. Someone suggested to me a new spec that has really helped, it’s a 0/51/20 spec in your elem or resto gear. It sounds stupid, but it basically allows you to stay alive while your teammate does the damage. This is how most of our matches go (from my end): I pop heroism, drop totems, pop FERAL SPIRITS (this provides DPS and stuns while I stay alive, the shamanic rage (this is the key, 30 percent damage reduction. The feral spirits also provide a speed boost, and the spec gives you X amount of stamina increase depending on how u spec, and instant ghost wolf. So basically, you heal and run while your feral spirits, fire nova, flame shock, tick away and cause headaches for the other team. This spec really gives you a leg up, you’re in your spell power gear so your heals are very effective, it works best with a melee teammate; I play with an arms warrior. Being alive is much more fun than being ROFL stomped every match.

Re: enhance in spellpower gear (arena)

Quote Originally Posted by shimmee
    So I’ve looked around for ideas to find ways to stay alive as an elem shaman, I’ve had little success. The new roots is great, but I still can’t stay alive long enough to do anything in a 2's match. Someone suggested to me a new spec that has really helped, it’s a 0/51/20 spec in your elem or resto gear. It sounds stupid, but it basically allows you to stay alive while your teammate does the damage. This is how most of our matches go (from my end): I pop heroism, drop totems, pop FERAL SPIRITS (this provides DPS and stuns while I stay alive, the shamanic rage (this is the key, 30 percent damage reduction. The feral spirits also provide a speed boost, and the spec gives you X amount of stamina increase depending on how u spec, and instant ghost wolf. So basically, you heal and run while your feral spirits, fire nova, flame shock, tick away and cause headaches for the other team. This spec really gives you a leg up, you’re in your spell power gear so your heals are very effective, it works best with a melee teammate; I play with an arms warrior. Being alive is much more fun than being ROFL stomped every match.
    So have you gone above 1400 rating then? Sounds like a very weird choice of specc, seeing as your goal is survival wouldn't a depper Resto -build give a pretty huge advantage over this one?

Resto still gets my killed during a stun lock or dps nuke situation. The shamanic rage keeps me alive and I can ghost wolf and run away and heal. This is my first week trying it out, this week I’m going to have about 100 more resil, all I know is that I died before, and now I can make it to the end of the match. Our rating after the first week is 950, that learning the spec, upgrading gear, and learning strategies. the stamina increase from this spec is also huge, plus the strong heals from the gear and the dps and stun from enchance causes a lot of confusion for the other team... FERAL SPIRITS FROM A SHAMAN WITH MACE AND SHEILD????

*in before the narrow-minded trolls to attack, call you retard, noob etc. for using an unorthodox spec and gear.*

I want to congratulate you of being one of the few players in WoW who try and test new things and not just copy/paste specs and rotations.

Usually people like you are being laughed at until you find something useful and every moron starts to use it feeling like a total pro.

So kudos ! /bow

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

You should link a talent build,

Anyways i had the same idea a while ago, seeing as my elemental arena days weren't going too well. (Stopped at 1550)
    Just 1 hint, summon wolves BEFORE you do heroism. That way, they also get your heroism buff.

IMO it has alot of pro's, and only a few con's.

Pro:
    -At least 5 free talent points.
    -Higher survivability
    -Even more utility
    -More spellpower also means more healing
    -Confusion on the other side (LOLWUT, resto or Enhancement?!)
    -Block chance (LIEK PEWPEW)
    -Makes frostbrand weapon even more viable (since it scales with SP rather then AP)

Con's:
    -Less damage
    -Less maelstrom procs
    -No more ZOMFGWEWONARENADUETOWINDFURY moments (which is also a good thing imo)
    -Less of a steamroller (tank > steamroller ftw imo though)

I always love seeing sort of hybrid builds rather than the standard things.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

I can see this spec being useful since i play enhance in arena and spend most the time kiting the rogue while my DK kills their other player :P

I usually spend the whole match running and healing myself/teammate

Thanks, even if it’s not the most successful spec, I’ve found it VERY FUN. Truly taking something from all 3 classes is very rewarding. As my 2's partner will confirm, it’s been a blast using a new mechanic. don’t get me wrong, I do think this spec will lead to a high rating, I’ll keep my progress posted, please try the spec for yourself before you WTF me all over the forums, it really is fun.

The idea is to get to feral spirits, do it however u want, there is no meleeing involved so not procing enhancement talents isn’t a concern. The damage is low, but that not really the point either, your team mate is doing the damage while you put a buff, DOT, stun, and heal. Shamanic rage is really the key here, staying alive thru the first wave a burst lets you focus on totem dropping, healing, and dps by using wolfs, fire nova, and damage mitigation thru earth shock and grounding totem.

Seraphim

I'm thinking this would be the best way to go: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...0&version=9947

What does your spec look like shimmee?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim
    I'm thinking this would be the best way to go: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...0&version=9947

What does your spec look like shimmee?
    pretty much nailed it. i dont spec into improved water sheild becuase i use lighting sheild to hurt whatever is attacking me. i to spec into stormstrike becuase often i can get a swing at them, then the get the debuff that increases nature damage taken.

Deleted

Shimmee please link us your amory and your own talentbuild/glyphs so we can understand what you mean 100%.
    Nice too see a new idea :>

unfortunity, my spec is only a few days old, so the armory still shows my duel spec as being full resto on the armory. here is a points tree of what i use though.

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...05000000000000

[Glyph of Flame Shock] Increases the duration of your Flame Shock ability by 6 sec and it is not consumed by casting Lava Burst.

[Glyph of Feral Spirit] Your spirit wolves gain an additional 30% of your attack power. (i do get Ap from the talent mental dexerity based on my Int, which is very high from the elem gear i wear.

[Glyph of Earthliving Weapon] Increases the chance for your Earthliving Weapon to trigger by 5%.

their are other glyphs i'de like to try,

[Glyph of Lightning Shield] 15 Increases the damage from Lightning Shield by 20%.

[Glyph of Hex] Increases the damage your Hex target can take before the Hex effect is removed by 20%.

Maybe u could take Dual wield and wield healing weapon in main hand and dps weapon
    in offhand? =/ just a thought... it leaves shield off and u lose your block but i dont
    think that block is so huge advantage. ye and u lose some of your "spell"
    stats but they will be replaced with melee stats. Moar dps to burst! ^^
    or u could just change to dual wield if u get out of combat and u need good dps.
    Friend or Fowl?

yeah.. i could take the points out of maelstrom weapon doing D-wield, but the sheild is very handy. it gives me more armor than my warrior team mate, and i spam healing waves on myself before the match to proc ancestral healing, so it does indeed serve a purpose, since the main point is not to dps, its to survive, then heal, then take down the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pencho
    *in before the narrow-minded trolls to attack, call you retard, noob etc. for using an unorthodox spec and gear.*

I want to congratulate you of being one of the few players in WoW who try and test new things and not just copy/paste specs and rotations.

Usually people like you are being laughed at until you find something useful and every moron starts to use it feeling like a total pro.

So kudos ! /bow
    You racist bastard, its not my fault i'm a Troll shaman. lol

Interesting idea.

I think you need stoneclaw glyph. That shield is huge for survivability. With low AP, I don't know how useful the Feral Spirit glyph is. With high AP (enhance gear) it's awesome.

Plus your earth totem is your most used. You have stoneclaw for shield and it their healer starts wacking your totems. You have earth bind to remove DK snares and snares their team. You have tremor to counter warrior, priests and locks. I think you should drop the 3 points from improved SoE. (Don't get me wrong, I sometimes use SoE in arena, but not against every team. Never against Lock-Priest, or any priest for that matter. They love to fear right at the right moment.) You could pick up Improved WF totem. Then, if you run with a melee dps, you can just drop a WF when your grounding totem is on cooldown. (Macro 1 button so it drops grounding if available or WF if not.)

What about spending 3 points to get Imp SS? I don't know how you play. If you're always running away, I don't think it would be that useful.

i can personally testify to this. im not 80 yet(only 72;() but still, i have dual spec, and am deep blues from northrend instances in both enh and resto. On one run of OK, i switch specs from heals back to enh, and just so happened to look at my spellpower. it was something like over 1k, but then i switched to dual whield, flametongue on both weapons, and it (im absolutely sure about this number) jumped to 1147. After party buffs, i was all the way up to 1250(holy crap for 72). so i thought, "what the hell, we have a strong priest heals, and im only pulling 650-700 sustained dps, low for the group"

omfg

LBS worth 1500 minimum, though i chain light everything, magma ticking 350-400, shocks hitting 1100-1300, mele was low, but the flametongue basically doubles the damage on both weapons. (sp mainhand, mele dps axe offhand, so thier dps is about the same)
    end result.... a 150 dps jump to 850, maxing out at 950 on bosses with wolves and other cds. i had more sp than the priest in blues healin us all, cause of the mental quickness(calculated it adds bout 300 easy)

and the intel and mana is incredible. enh does have a lot of mana refreshment talents, but it still doesnt mean i can constantly CL and drop magmas multiple times in mob fights.

besides on the above subject of trading a shield for offhand mele, i think uv overlooked the added weapon imbue. if ur using earthliving(judjed by glyph choices) and dual whielding, ur healing jumped up even more, and so does the earthliving proc chance, up to 50% with glyph!!!

for me, id actually use this build for the enh/resto ideaj
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...0&version=9947

on the subject of off specs, iv also been looking at a ele/enh spec, with tons of spellpower gear and flametongue to make up lost dps for low ap and using spell weapons
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...0&version=9947

the key to this spec is the 3 sec shocks, faster lbs and LvB, a stormstrike and added spellpower from dualwhield, and two roots. all in all, a much tighter rotation than enh, mostly ele with some of those enh surv talents thrown in, and only comming within range to use stormstrike, and then kiting and casting big.
    would like to hear ur opinion on this!!!!

i may indeed switch out glyphs to get the shield, i do indeed have a little attack power because I'm spec to get AP from the ton of int i have. actually, this is a great idea, this is exactly why i made this post, thanks for the suggestion.

Interesting.

I would however put a point from maelstrom into DW. Maelstrom is rather useless anyway, and by putting a point in DW you would be able to use 2 weapons whenever you're not being attacked or when you're facing caster dps. Both Flametongue and Earthliving could be nice in a situation where you're both healing and dpsing. I don't know how easy it is to swap with the default WoW itemsetsystem, since I still use itemrack, but I'm sure there's a possibility for it.

another good point.

much of the time ul be facing casters, which kinda makes ur shield mundane. i myself use the gear manager, and have draged the specific gearsets onto my action bar, one heals/shield, another AP DW, and a third with maxed spell gear and dual whielding. this would make it pretty easy to switch shield with another weapon as the need arises, since the weapon imbues will ur chances in a fight with a caster even better.

one final thing, i still think flametongue on both weapons( 1 pnt in SS) would be better than earthliving.
    1. Flametongue adds SP, at max lvl and with enh talent will add like 500 with both weapons.
    2. Flametongue adds basic damage per attack, covering the dps lost from using a SP weapon.
    3. Finally, Flametongue adds more hit damage based on total SP and Attack speed. (adds 10% of sp per attack with a weapon speed of 2.6, slower adds less) Thus, with the opening SS and grey attacks, u could deal as much as 40% of ur spellpower IN ADDITION to the Flametongue base damage bonus IN ADDITION to the damage of the weapon itself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( i think this is the "holy shit" moment )

Finally, i was wondering what kinda total spell power ur getting with this. From my calculation you can get 450-500 from a good weapon, another 500 from flametonge on both weapons, and around 400-500 from AP(guessing about 1400 AP). so thats as much as 1500, without armor bonuses or enchants. With, id expect it to go up to 2300-2500 SP( guessing 1000 from armor, but id bet its more). Correct me if im wrong, but that more than many very good pure casters. so that would bring up shocks to 2k, non crit, and that opening SS/Grey attack would add 1000 from sp, nothing else. Also give a healing wave that does 7500, non crit??????????????????? Sounds pretty damn amazing to me ;D (now just immagine if u went into ele instead of resto )

/clap you tried something on your own.Who fucks ratings,if you have fun there is no problem
    You can't use this while stunned.