Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Suggestion about totems

My suggestion is giving totem's a talent page similar to what hunter's pet's have atm. The only minus(extra work) i see is all those free talent points causing class balance issues.

Re: Suggestion about totems

It could work, my 1st talent in the tree would be either to make totems float and follow you, or make it so no matter where your totems are in the world you'll still get their buffs (not everyone just the shaman). the flaoting idea is still the coolest thing i could think about, cause they would still be target able.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    It could work, my 1st talent in the tree would be either to make totems float and follow you, or make it so no matter where your totems are in the world you'll still get their buffs (not everyone just the shaman). the flaoting idea is still the coolest thing i could think about, cause they would still be target able.

I will see your floating totems and raise you with
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    There is a unique quality to shaman due to their use of totems as a means of protection, healing, and even as an offensive tool. At the same time, there is a strategic element to being able to place the right totems to do the best job and even more important to place them in the optimum possible spot

They are not going to let us have them, they may let us drop them all at the same time but not let us carry them for constant buffs. If the did then we would be able to basically "buff" the whole raid with 4 buffs. I can not think off hand of any class that has 4 buffs that they can throw on the entire raid.

On a side note I do like the idea of having talent trees for totems but it would be like hunters are in a way. Based on your pet you have different trees, well based on your spec you have different talents avaliable for your totems. The only problem I see is that we already have talents in our trees that buff our totems (e.g. Restorative Totems, Mana Tide Totem, Enhancing Totems etc.)
    So for us to be able to have a new tree strictly for totems would completely FUBAR our tree making them totaly revamp it and with that I give you this

The kind of changes we're talking about do not involve blowing up the talent trees, core spells or class mechanics and starting over. We almost never do that.
    They ALMOST never do that, which is not NEVER so we do have a prayer, albeit a small one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem
    but not let us carry them for constant buffs.
    I do believe in the Shaman Q&A that they said they had thought of making it possible for a shaman to carry, one totem around on the back at all times: Tauren in WCIII. However of course they said that it doesn't fit in too much with other races and could look incredibly stupid; but it's Blizzard and I wouldn't count it out completely.

As for floating totems... Incredibad.
    Since when were Shamans mages?

and since when did inanimate objects have talents? i don't think i've ever seen a tree float in air.

WF/Grounding totem on the back = gg, lol

Let us keep this constructive and troll free.

Although I do appreciate the warriors point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Snikdagit
    and since when did inanimate objects have talents? i don't think i've ever seen a tree float in air.
    I also do not believe that I have ever seen someone spin around for 30 secs and not fall down afterwards. Maybe Warriors need a nerf bat and make them stunned for 5 secs after coming out of Bladestorm........damn I let the troll get me off topic

?

They could be tethered by glowing lines of elemental energy. Make it so you don't have the buff, just make a drop ability that plants them, be so simple and youd only have to re plant them every 5 mins, appose to every 5 seconds, but like blizz said they will likely be making a custom totem that is all 4 elements and you can chose what effects you want it to have. and just drop 1, which is what it should be.

I believe I saw a tree fly. They were right next to the dragons that live in giant lairs or maybe it was next to all those undead mobs controlled by a Lichlord that lives in a giant castle or were they floating near ancient evils that were banished under a make believe planet somewhere in the universe. You are probably that same guy that watches a movie and tells people that what you just saw can't really happen. It's not real we can do whatever we want, get it!

I do like the idea of Totem Talents of course I am at the point in my shaman career where I like any change to totems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempestkhan
    I believe I saw a tree fly. They were right next to the dragons that live in giant lairs or maybe it was next to all those undead mobs controlled by a Lichlord that lives in a giant castle or were they floating near ancient evils that were banished under a make believe planet somewhere in the universe. You are probably that same guy that watches a movie and tells people that what you just saw can't really happen. It's not real we can do whatever we want, get it!

I do like the idea of Totem Talents of course I am at the point in my shaman career where I like any change to totems.
    Any thought that a human being can think of can exist and happen. Computers are a prime example.

Man I was watching TV last night and saw a damn car turn into a robot and start talking. The night before that I saw a guy turn into liquid metal and then make his finger into a sword that he used to stab a guy. true story
    STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS!!!!!

If you feed them they will become like a stray dog, they stay.

I can has totem poll?

I liked it when sentry totem would stop us from taking fall damage. I even used to heal myself or the raid, up in the air.

You know they'll give us new totem icons and call it a buff.

15+ Year Old Account

why not make a spell like a real Totem Recall that gets all your current totems to your current location and refresh their duration? would cost the same mana as normal calling of all the totems. And the current Totem Recall(which destroys them and gives mana back should be renamed Totem Release. So basically

#Totem Recall -Mana cost = summs up the current mana totem's mana cost -Summons the current setup of totems to the current location of shaman, refreshing their duration.

additionally searing totem, fire nova, earth bind, grounding totem - excluded from this spell to prevent abuse imho

#Totem Release =what current Totem recall does

please no floating totems - that's just silly, im not a mage with orbs flyin around me

and PLEASE finally do something about fire and earth elemental totems - make them pets for elemental spec f.e. like ghouls are made "pets" in unholy DK spec

what do you guys say?

p.s. Im not taking credit for the Totem Recall i named. I read it somewhere here and I think it's a great idea.

peace

Quote Originally Posted by Yaminho

and PLEASE finally do something about fire and earth elemental totems - make them pets for elemental spec f.e. like ghouls are made "pets" in unholy DK spec
    They are going to make it so that u can use the elementals no matter what totem of their element is out.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    They are going to make it so that u can use the elementals no matter what totem of their element is out.
    source?

Quote Originally Posted by Yaminho
    source?
    The Q&A has a blurb about it.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem
    The kind of changes we're talking about do not involve blowing up the talent trees, core spells or class mechanics and starting over. We almost never do that.
    They ALMOST never do that, which is not NEVER so we do have a prayer, albeit a small one.
    You're only setting yourself up for disappointment. Think of small, clever, intuitive ways to "fix" totems. Big sweeping changes are about as likely as flying mounts in Old Azeroth. Sure they could do it, but then again... naaaaaah. There are a lot of things they could do. Blizzard rarely deals in definitives.

(You see what I did there?)

Anyway, some good ideas were already shared in this thread, and the (somewhat) recent Totem thread on the official forums was wildly successful.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

They also said that shaman may be the last class in Lich King to receive any type of overhaul, so when it does happen (hopefully next patch) Your right it probably wont be anything serious as far as talents are concerned but they are vamping up pvp survivability and are going to itemize better, and if were lucky they will go the easiest route and give us swords. As for the totems I think they already know what they are going to do.