Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Can you tell in advance if a pug will fail ?

if they use a vent for naxx, i m expecting a fail pug

if they dont have more than 5 (in 10 man) or 12 (in 25 man) raid members who are in some high level guilds or well known guilds, i m expecting a fail pug

if we can't get one of the spider wing achievement, i m expecting a fail pug

if half the raid group is in greens and blues for 25 man, i m expecting a fail pug
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

How can you tell? When the boss drops Shammy gear and the freakin Huntard needs on it and wins it over the Shammy in the group! Why? Because it had more spellpower that attack power on it! This was in DTK Heroic btw. Nubs!

10+ Year Old Account

I expect a failpug everytime I enter one. That way, if the failpug succeeds, I am pleasantly surprised.

i disagree with unless they are in a well known guild its fail
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

Quote Originally Posted by Deathalot
    I dont pug.
    Of course you do. Everyone does it, it's just a matter of being open with it to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Anachronism
    I have an extraordinarily simple way to determine if a PuG will succeed or fail:

Whenever I join a PuG, I squeeze my left breast. If I feel a sense of foreboding there, I know that it will be a failure, and I leave the group promptly.

I have yet to be disappointed by this method.
    /thread

Quote Originally Posted by sadface
    I never associate with "IVAN DRAGO" ppl ... they just annoy me to much and i dont have the patience to understand them or for them to understand me ...

If there is an ivan drago around THINGS will fall apart

I WILL BREAK YOU
    IF HE DIES, HE DIES
    I defeat all man. Soon I defeat real champion.

I lolled at this.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too awesome), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Last night I was just about to join a 10-man Ulduar pug when the raidleader asked:

"Where do I turn in [Gloves of the Lost Vanquisher] ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nifel
    Last night I was just about to join a 10-man Ulduar pug when the raidleader asked:

"Where do I turn in [Gloves of the Lost Vanquisher] ?
    ZOMG!!!! Like no way man. It must have been a wipefest having someone like that leading!!!

How could he possibly raid if he didn't know that? I mean, isn't your skills as a raider derived from your geographical knowledge of vendors? Madness, you should have all quit the raid and re grouped, clearly he couldn't have been any good as a player, never mind a raider if he didn't know that. ZOMG!
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too awesome), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

The test for a fail pug is simple, Patchwerk

Dont really care about heroics, its 1 day lockout and a maximum of 5 EoH

As for enchants, well our guild has a simple rule, players had to enchant all their naxx gear themselves, enchanting of ulduar 25 gear is on the house i.e. a like for like enchant, so basically you invest once and reap till you leave guild or quit WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by nrross
    ZOMG!!!! Like no way man. It must have been a wipefest having someone like that leading!!!

How could he possibly raid if he didn't know that? I mean, isn't your skills as a raider derived from your geographical knowledge of vendors? Madness, you should have all quit the raid and re grouped, clearly he couldn't have been any good as a player, never mind a raider if he didn't know that. ZOMG!
    Tone down your sarcasm mate, it's best served in small portions. Overdoing things makes you look too eager to show people your imba skillz at humour! That aside, I'd like to see you going to Ulduar with an MT having just gotten his first Naxx/OS item. Your brain isn't as sharp as you'd like to think.

if you read more closely, he has a point.
    You're running ulduar without having EVER turned in tokens? on any char?
    smells bad
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbender
    if you read more closely, he has a point.
    You're running ulduar without having EVER turned in tokens? on any char?
    smells bad
    It would be inconcievable that there could be different vendors for the tokens. No way could he have thought this.

It would be inconcievable that there could be different vendors for the tokens. No way could he have thought this.
    Like the last poster said, heavy handed sarcasm doesn't make good sarcasm.
    your point is? the last time the RL dropped a token, it was T6? it's even worse ^^
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

Quote Originally Posted by Totschlager
    Only 20k? I wouldn't pug with any tank that has less than 30k hp. Even healers and dps can get up to 20k hp.
    So you only play with tanks who stack stamina with no avoidance? Or only bear tanks? Its either that or you think you need full ulduar gear for heroics. Don't say you meant fully buffed because then you're judging the tank by what four classes/buffs you happen to have.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

15+ Year Old Account

A raid requires good skill and communication

A pug usually fail a both

Since I need to spell it out to you:

If you ever turned in a token, any version, you'd see the pattern and there would be no reason to ask several times in general chat where one can turn them in. There are even several places to do so, all in fairly obvious places.

So you turned in plate before and now got one for leather? Hm, perhaps try the leatherworker's shop? Don't know where it is and too lazy to just have a quick ride to the shops around the trader's quarter? Hm, ask a guard?

Takes 5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifel

Takes 5 seconds.
    could be that at that moment he could not remember
    ever think of that
    maybe for that second he forgot because its been awhile since he turned one in
    he did just get done probably beating a hard boss and he probably was managing the raid
    could also be he had an idea of where to go but wasnt sure so he decided to ask
    BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

Quote Originally Posted by archform
    could be that at that moment he could not remember
    ever think of that
    maybe for that second he forgot because its been awhile since he turned one in
    he did just get done probably beating a hard boss and he probably was managing the raid
    could also be he had an idea of where to go but wasnt sure so he decided to ask
    BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

lol ;D

15+ Year Old Account

when i do pug i dont fail. i'll just carry them through the instance/raid

8)

ohw and btw, my nick might be a bit lame for some that get it, but im still a decent/good player.