Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Can you tell in advance if a pug will fail ?

Quote Originally Posted by nrross
    It would be inconcievable that there could be different vendors for the tokens. No way could he have thought this.
    I've had two tokens total. T6 legs, T7.10 hands. I also have T7.10 DPS gloves from VoA

It's entirely possible to tank without tiered gear. It merely helps you. Plus, even if he's never turned in a token, what's to say he's not got tiered? He could easily get it from Arc/Em.

I know the reply was full of sarcasm, but it is very, very easy to knock others.

Had a "discussion" the other day on a channel on my server. Apparently it goes D1, D1.5, D3. Yes, there's apparently no D2. For those who don't know, D1 is the first dungeon set (e.g. Devout), D2 is the upgraded version, and D3 are the 12ish sets from Outland heroics.
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<

Quote Originally Posted by Nifel
    Since I need to spell it out to you:

If you ever turned in a token, any version, you'd see the pattern and there would be no reason to ask several times in general chat where one can turn them in. There are even several places to do so, all in fairly obvious places.

So you turned in plate before and now got one for leather? Hm, perhaps try the leatherworker's shop? Don't know where it is and too lazy to just have a quick ride to the shops around the trader's quarter? Hm, ask a guard?

Takes 5 seconds.
    Let me spell it out for you - none of that affects how good a player he is, like the person who brought it up implied.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too awesome), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

15+ Year Old Account

people who rush through everything.

"guys we gotta summon one more, hold on a sec"
    "Let's go!!!!!!!! *rushes boss*"
    *everyone dies and people leave*

I hate that people give such a bad name to pugs though, the majority of the time they're great.

Quote Originally Posted by Totschlager
    Only 20k? I wouldn't pug with any tank that has less than 30k hp. Even healers and dps can get up to 20k hp.
    He was saying for a Heroic, if your healers and DPS are over 20k for a heroic they are over geared to be there. My DK who I just spec'ed into tanking only has 23k health, full tank gear 540D, 14% dodge and parry. Now how will I get better gear if you wont let me tank a heroic?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggz
    I don't pug.
    Dittums.

this one's for hack

yesterday, naxx10 failpug (i joined out of boredness)
    4 horses
    "Can we pliz go faster? mum is calling me for dinner" - after 30 mins oO.
    me "no we can't, we need to explain this fight"
    leader "let's pull"
    leader pulls oO
    nobody switches after 5 stacks

one of the very few times i ACTUALLY did bubble and hs. Think they died at about 8 stacks.
    i didn't forget to /wave before doing /leave.

and no, they didnt have half the dps to zerg it
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifel
    Last night I was just about to join a 10-man Ulduar pug when the raidleader asked:

"Where do I turn in [Gloves of the Lost Vanquisher] ?
    its not that bad, i was given a test trial one time from my earlier guilds to led MC during vanilla.....

the fact i still get lost every week after i go kinda makes them wonder how much did i stay awake for
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx
    whenever I see someone looking for people in trade/lfg using ALL CAPS, I know it will fail
    This. ^

If someone talks like an idiot or spams "NEED HEALER 4 (BLAHBLAHBLAH RAID)", I totally don't even bother to ask them about it, even if I really want to go to that raid.

Oh and if someone asks you to show them your achievement. Sorry, but if I am on one of my toons that doesn't have the achievement, but my other toons do have it, I'm not switching over and then switching back to show it to you. It's much easier to just say "Have you done this on any of your toons?" and if they say that they have, then trust them a little bit until they show that they can't be trusted.

Oh and getting yourself there and then this:
    Raid leader: "Who needs a summons? Press 1."
    Raid member 1: "1"
    Raid member 2: "1"
    Raid member 3: "1"
    Raid member 4: "1"
    Raid member 5: "1"
    Raid member 6: "1"
    Raid member 7: "1"
    Raid member 8: "1"
    Etc etc.
    Not all of you lazy asses are somewhere with your hearths down. I see people in Dalaran asking for a summon to VoA sometimes. -.-

Also, there is always one asshole who says every 5 minutes: "Zomg, zzzzzzz, let's gooooooo, go go pulllll."
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbender
    this one's for hack
    lmao, you really do pick those pug groups well mate

Started pugging Uld25 now here Zzz (first pug last week cleared all up to auriaya I believe)

Anyway.. yeah, Can tell a PUG is gonna be a fail when the healers are AFK within 2mins of starting or getting a invite..

Quote Originally Posted by Hack
    lmao, you really do pick those pug groups well mate
    Started pugging Uld25 now here Zzz (first pug last week cleared all up to auriaya I believe)
    Anyway.. yeah, Can tell a PUG is gonna be a fail when the healers are AFK within 2mins of starting or getting a invite..
    But i heal better when afk, i swear!
    For the pugs, it evens out... sometimes you just come upon nice ppl and have a great time, chatting and pwning away
    Must say it happens more on heroics than on the 25 pugs thou... 25 = 5x more chance to get bad seeds :-)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

This weekend on my pally i saw in trade LFM Ulduar10 2 tanks / 1 healer.
    Thought well i'm a tank, lets join. Very soon a second tank joined, PERFECT! Only 1 healer to go. 45 minutes after i joined (not a single word about it in raid chat and not a single whisper) i just got kicked from the group.

Ke group seemed to be complete now? .. Did they instantly get a third tank? Well, not long after that, i saw in trade from same leader: "LF tank last spot Ulduar10".
    Got whispered 2 times by leader and another player from that group to please come back... well after getting kicked for no reason you could tell i was pretty pissed off ;D .... Few minutes later again same group .. "LF 2 dps / 1tank ...."

Well THAT was a fail group .. glad i got kicked.

Me and two friends of mine sometimes meet in the weekends to play wow all night. And we usually form alot of pugs. One is looking for members in trade/lfg channel, while the two others are preparing feasts/pots/whatever and then goes off to whatever raid we're going to be ready to summon. Meanwhile, everytime someone whispers the one looking for members, the leader tells me the name so I can go armory/check them on WoW-heroes.com.

It usually turns out really well, and we have a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirra
    Me and two friends of mine sometimes meet in the weekends to play wow all night. And we usually form alot of pugs. One is looking for members in trade/lfg channel, while the two others are preparing feasts/pots/whatever and then goes off to whatever raid we're going to be ready to summon. Meanwhile, everytime someone whispers the one looking for members, the leader tells me the name so I can go armory/check them on WoW-heroes.com.

It usually turns out really well, and we have a lot of fun.
    its a hassle.. but checking armory is THE thing to do. HOw do you divide the good people and the scrubs that are always lucky and win epics in 1 nax run? Check their HC dungeon acheivements, badges etc.. then u know if they know how to play their class and check recount. if they fail certain dps, activity, heal KICK and replace

Quote Originally Posted by vanwilder
    its a hassle.. but checking armory is THE thing to do. HOw do you divide the good people and the scrubs that are always lucky and win epics in 1 nax run? Check their HC dungeon acheivements, badges etc.. then u know if they know how to play their class and check recount. if they fail certain dps, activity, heal KICK and replace
    That's pretty much what we do. We give people a chance to catch up to the other dps and if someone we know wanna come on an alt we let them do that. We're not that harsh to people. We're also pretty known on our server after several weekends of looking for people to raids, so it's pretty much the same people we have with us every time.

When you see people spamming RW's with capslock on. Most of the time stupid things like. STOP COME BACK!!!!!!! Without any normal reason and you not doing anything wrong.

Or when a DK says i HAVE to remove my strenght of earth totem because he already does horn of winter while we have 4 shamans and a paladin with devotion aura in the raid. He kept spamming in raid that i had to remove it and use something else. After ignoring he started whispering . He wouldn't stop so i just didn't use any earth totem

Where i'm from, fail pugs you.

/sad

I don't really go by guild. That is generally a poor way to judge someone, unless the guild is reputable for immature players. Remember, most hardcore guilds have social players that aren't exactly the best of players, and there are some surprisingly good players in the more casual guilds. Depending on what it is I don't really go by gear so much either. I go by effort, and I use the armory for this. Does he/she have everything enchanted and gemmed, and logically? That is all I'm looking for. In most cases, if someone puts in the effort and is def capped etc chances are they will at least do what they are supposed to. If I see half greens and have ungemmed and unenchanted Naxx epics then gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by Totschlager
    Only 20k? I wouldn't pug with any tank that has less than 30k hp. Even healers and dps can get up to 20k hp.
    olol

A couple of these kinda make me cry a little on the inside, because i have my fresh warrior alt who is my first alliance 80, so i have to restart from scratch, and its turning out to be a lot harder than i thought it would be to get at least semi-geared. No one wants you unless you at least have 30k health as a tank, and no one wants you unless your in ulduar epics for a naxx 10 PuG...

Quote Originally Posted by Blasfomy
    A couple of these kinda make me cry a little on the inside, because i have my fresh warrior alt who is my first alliance 80, so i have to restart from scratch, and its turning out to be a lot harder than i thought it would be to get at least semi-geared. No one wants you unless you at least have 30k health as a tank, and no one wants you unless your in ulduar epics for a naxx 10 PuG...
    you can try doing it the old way... you know... questing -> reputations -> instances -> heroics.